Report - Bills interested in Frank Gore, RB

wppete

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

Everything you just said stems from....the Bills' reported interest in a backup running back?

There are no reasonable signs that the Bills AREN'T going to be active in free agency. Their reported interest in Frank Gore CERTAINLY is not a sign of that.

All I'm saying is two things: One, people need to relax and quit being so reactionary. Interest in one guy doesn't mean they WON'T have interest in others. And Two, while I expect the Bills to find a few starters and contributors in free agency (just as they have the PAST two offseasons, with a lot less money to spend), I DON'T think they're going to be reeling in big fish after big fish. It's not gonna happen. As they've said all along, they'll fill some holes, find a few starters, and continue to build through the draft. Doesn't mean they plan to take 3 more years to be good, just means they have an idea of how they want to build a sustained contender, and it may be different than how the message board GMs would build it.

I'm sorry if people want to get their panties in a bunch over a RUMORED free agent interest, or if they set themselves up for disappointment by thinking the Bills were gonna land 3 or 4 of the top 10 free agents. It's not who Beane and McDermott are, and they've been telling that to anyone who would listen for 2 years now.

It's more the interest in WHO they're mentioning that's most alarming. Back up or not, a 36 year old running back shouldn't be in our conversations. 

I don't believe many if any of the rumors that the Bills are interested in any of the guys we have been rumored to be interested in. 

We are essentially the team all the players agents seem to be claiming is their free agency "Canadian girlfriend".

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This seems like a false rumor.  I mean how ancient are they trying to be at RB.  The only way this would make sense to me is if they are planning to trade McCoy and draft a RB in first 4 rounds.  

That has more to do with how bad our OL was than how good Frank Gore still is.  He would not have done much better than McCoy or Ivory here last year.  And at his age, another year older is a big deal.

Fair enough. But the Dolphins O-line wasn't exactly gang busters. And it's not in any way EASY to average 4.5 or more YPC for ANY running back, so it shouldn't be totally disregarded.

Just now, gobills1212 said:

Lol.. 8 pages on nothing sustained, just a dudes 'predictions' and BB catches crap. C'mon

I'm not giving him crap unless he signs him. The fact that they might even be linked to him is annoying. This team does not need to get older at RB.

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I'm not giving him crap unless he signs him. The fact that they might even be linked to him is annoying. This team does not need to get older at RB.

'Jesus H, Beane' were your exact words...

And again...some dude throwing it out there seems like a silly reason to get on someone we have no idea what he has or hasnt done. Be annoyed at the piece - not the gm

Edited by gobills1212

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough. But the Dolphins O-line wasn't exactly gang busters. And it's not in any way EASY to average 4.5 or more YPC for ANY running back, so it shouldn't be totally disregarded.

He played for the Colts the 3 years prior to last year and never averaged 4 ypc.  So I can’t over value the one year and also ignore he’s another year older.  Just can’t see the value here of how he makes the room better than what we already have.  

• Like (+1) 1