Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you believe the agent, Bills passed on AB before it was ever an option for them ....he did not blow it up. Beane did. 

Oh so Vic C. wasn’t just making things up. Some of the most aggressive posters thought otherwise and acted foolish. Wonder if they show up here. 

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

I didn't think Carucci said that it came down to money, so I just went back and re-read it. He didn't say that at all. All he said was that parallel negotiations were ongoing, and that "it stands to reason that 'the larger the payout for Brown, the lower the compensation the team would be willing to give in order to reduce the risk, and vice versa.' " But that neither indicates a source on that specific part of this, nor a declaration that money was the problem.

It also doesn't indicate that both sides of the negotiations were in depth. They could've talked a lot with the Steelers and on introductory convo with Rosenhaus declaring interest. It doesn't say.

That’s right, i think it was Breer and some others who said that. So many stories out there.

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

The big losers in all this were the Steelers....plus not to mention they will lose Bell for nothing in a few days....so Pittsburgh comes out with a 3rd and 5th for arguably the best WR and best RB in the NFL.

They may have lost an all-world WR, but they get to keep $21M of his bonus money on their books. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Rico said:

And some posters around here are laughing at the Bills, not the Steelers. :doh:

But we already laughed at the Bills for burying dead money last year on their way to 6-10 and numerous blowouts.    

I think I read that the amount of dead money the Bills ate last year was the most by any NFL team since the cap came into existence.........now THAT is funny.:lol:

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But we already laughed at the Bills for burying dead money last year on their way to 6-10 and numerous blowouts.    

I think I read that the amount of dead money the Bills ate last year was the most by any NFL team since the cap came into existence.........now THAT is funny.:lol:

Honestly, I laughed more at those who cried about Sammy Cripple leaving town. :D

Nevertheless, that was then & this is now,

and now it's time to laugh at the Steelers.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

I'm glad that Beane didn't overpay for Brown-----the Bills are bigger than one player---3 years from now Brown's legs will be wearing out & Josh Allen will be a pro bowler.

Josh Allen has to have someone to block for him. And hand the ball off to. And, receivers to catch passes.

Right now McBeane have, as I've read elsewhere, "an empty cupboard" on offense. 

My money's on AB playing well at 34.  

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Josh Allen has to have someone to block for him. And hand the ball off to. And, receivers to catch passes.

Right now McBeane have, as I've read elsewhere, "an empty cupboard" on offense. 

My money's on AB playing well at 34.  

And by not spending the capital on Brown they have the capital to spend on linemen and a TE or two and WE.

Do people around here honestly think that the Bills are not going to bring guys in on offense?  Come on.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny?  Only for those who dont understand what they are trying to do.  It was completely logical and they are following through with the plan they had from day 1 nearly 2 years ago.  Which was to get rid of the players and contracts that they did not want for this franchise.  Reasonable people can disagree with the roster moves and decisions they made but one thing is clear at least clear to those who are able to plainly see what they are doing, which is remaking this team the way they see fit which is all you can ask for from both the FO and ownership and for that I applaud them.

When I see these uninformed takes from The armchair GMs that pretend to know more than they do, its baffling to me that they are unable to see that this FO has a much clearer vision and more methodical take in how they go about their business.  I suppose I'm a sucker for clear eyed detailed, methodical GMs because it's similar to the line of work that I'm in and I respect leaders who share those traits.  

The way I see it, the Bill's have instilled a culture of accountability and football that we hadn't seen in years, a culture of good organized defense, drafted their franchise QB, have made some good draft picks and FA players and have cleared up tons of cap space to mold this team to their liking.  But just because they have a clear vision and freed up cap space doesnt mean they will be successful, they still have to make player evaluations and their record on that is decent and they still have much to prove.  

I'm hopeful, the QB is the most important piece and from my perspective they got their guy.  And they also brought in other really good pieces as well.  This year will be important to see if they are able to build off the foundation that has been layed.

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Funny?  Only for those who dont understand what they are trying to do.  It was completely logical and they are following through with the plan they had from day 1 nearly 2 years ago.  Which was to get rid of the players and contracts that they did not want for this franchise.  Reasonable people can disagree with the roster moves and decisions they made but one thing is clear at least clear to those who are able to plainly see what they are doing, which is remaking this team the way they see fit which is all you can ask for from both the FO and ownership and for that I applaud them.

When I see these uninformed takes from The armchair GMs that pretend to know more than they do, its baffling to me that they are unable to see that this FO has a much clearer vision and more methodical take in how they go about their business.  I suppose I'm a sucker for clear eyed detailed, methodical GMs because it's similar to the line of work that I'm in and I respect leaders who share those traits.  

The way I see it, the Bill's have instilled a culture of accountability and football that we hadn't seen in years, a culture of good organized defense, drafted their franchise QB, have made some good draft picks and FA players and have cleared up tons of cap space to mold this team to their liking.  But just because they have a clear vision and freed up cap space doesnt mean they will be successful, they still have to make player evaluations and their record on that is decent and they still have much to prove.  

I'm hopeful, the QB is the most important piece and from my perspective they got their guy.  And they also brought in other really good pieces as well.  This year will be important to see if they are able to build off the foundation that has been layed.

Bravo