Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

If I was Pitt i would have played hardball.

They already did it to Bell so whatever was lost is lost in player/agent perception relations.

Option1: Tell AB he is playing for Pitt next year or he can retire and pay back apporx 11 mill in signing bonus.(that 30 mill he claims to have banked would be down to 19 mill just like that) I doubt he would do that. If he did this it would lessen considerably all the dead cap Pitt will not acquire due to the trade.

depending what Brown/Drew do with Option 1 option: Option 2: Alternately would offer this: tell his camp AB/Drew they must gag ALL comments until after Pitt trades AB for best deal possible.(hint: it was not the Raiders deal by far)

This would allow Pitt to try starting a rebuild keeping in mind by the time they start winning again it will be post Big Ben retirement. I would also look into off loading Big Ben before his toxic personality ruins whats left of the team concept in Pitt. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

This is just an agent looking to save face for his client. 

Yep.

John Clayton was on with Bulldog today; he confirmed that Pittsburgh loved the deal, we were swapping first round picks and throwing in a few other draft choices in as well (he didn't comment on which ones).   Buffalo wisely then held off on signing until they could talk to Rosenhaus and make sure AB would come to Buffalo.

It was made clear he wouldn't go to Buffalo as he was making jokes about the city on his social media feeds, etc....and so then the Bills backed out as being done with him.

On 3/10/2019 at 3:05 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if he’s lying. He does have to continue doing business with them, and wouldn’t want to say he didn’t want to go there. But so many sides to this... 

Well the story was he backed out due to the contract. Beane didn’t say that but everyone else did. According to Rosenhaus it sounds like it never even got that far?

Rosenhaus made the break up with Pittsburgh sound mutual. You're a good poster and I appreciate what you do, but did you really believe a word he uttered? 

Naive isn't just a river in Egypt or something like that.

7 hours ago, cba fan said:

If I was Pitt i would have played hardball.

They already did it to Bell so whatever was lost is lost in player/agent perception relations.

Option1: Tell AB he is playing for Pitt next year or he can retire and pay back apporx 11 mill in signing bonus.(that 30 mill he claims to have banked would be down to 19 mill just like that) I doubt he would do that. If he did this it would lessen considerably all the dead cap Pitt will not acquire due to the trade.

depending what Brown/Drew do with Option 1 option: Option 2: Alternately would offer this: tell his camp AB/Drew they must gag ALL comments until after Pitt trades AB for best deal possible.(hint: it was not the Raiders deal by far)

This would allow Pitt to try starting a rebuild keeping in mind by the time they start winning again it will be post Big Ben retirement. I would also look into off loading Big Ben before his toxic personality ruins whats left of the team concept in Pitt. 

I mean option 2 is simply not possible.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yep.

John Clayton was on with Bulldog today; he confirmed that Pittsburgh loved the deal, we were swapping first round picks and throwing in a few other draft choices in as well (he didn't comment on which ones).   Buffalo wisely then held off on signing until they could talk to Rosenhaus and make sure AB would come to Buffalo.

It was made clear he wouldn't go to Buffalo as he was making jokes about the city on his social media feeds, etc....and so then the Bills backed out as being done with him.

What social media feeds?

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

What social media feeds?

I don't know, I don't follow that crap.  Twitter/Instagram and what not.

Apparently he posted a photo of a bowling alley and a pizza to represent Buffalo.  LOL.

He also said rumors that he was going to buffalo were fake news and some other stuff.

Whatever; the idea to go after him in the first place was idiotic.

Edited by Nextmanup

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I mean option 2 is simply not possible.

agreed. Although I don't think it is a slam dunk as in that scenario AB must do option 1 and  AB then must repay, it has been reported, about 11 mill of earlier paid sign bonus. I think he would have a real problem with that.

But yes it would be problematic for option 2 and that is why I go with option 1.

Just because I am a hard-ass GM.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't know, I don't follow that crap.  Twitter/Instagram and what not.

Apparently he posted a photo of a bowling alley and a pizza to represent Buffalo.  LOL.

He also said rumors that he was going to buffalo were fake news and some other stuff.

Whatever; the idea to go after him in the first place was idiotic.

Didn't hear about that one.  Buy yeah, ***** hilarious!

And I have no problem with them inquiring.  If Beane could have gotten him for the $12M/year left on his contract, I'd have been OK with it.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, JerseyBills said:

I'm honestly thrilled .

No WAY Beane was giving him 17-18 mil Per with 10 mil per guaranteed and I don't blame him. I'd be pretty mad if he did end up giving him that size of contract . That's a ridiculous amount of $ I'd only give to a QB and possibly pass rusher

No it's not---it's what every top WR contract looks like right now.  In fact, AB's contract pales in comparison to others for WRs that aren't as good as he is right now.  30 million guaranteed is under 60% of his contract total.  That's nothing compared to the top contracts recently signed for WR.

It's amazing people are still making these comments over this amount of guaranteed money for a top (THE top) WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No it's not---it's what every top WR contract looks like right now.  In fact, AB's contract pales in comparison to others for WRs that aren't as good as he is right now.  30 million guaranteed is under 60% of his contract total.  That's nothing compared to the top contracts recently signed for WR.

It's amazing people are still making these comments over this amount of guaranteed money for a top (THE top) WR. 

Not to mention there's no QB or pass rusher available for that kind of contract right now anyway.  So that money isn't going towards either.

Being able to walk away from AB relatively scot-free 3 years from now and paying him a decent chunk of change before then is the exact reason we went to all that trouble to clear cap space in the first place.  We just had one of the more unwatchable years in recent history, and it was all to say "too rich for my blood?"  Really?

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Not to mention there's no QB or pass rusher available for that kind of contract right now anyway.  So that money isn't going towards either.

Being able to walk away from AB relatively scot-free 3 years from now and paying him a decent chunk of change before then is the exact reason we went to all that trouble to clear cap space in the first place.  We just had one of the more unwatchable years in recent history, and it was all to say "too rich for my blood?"  Really?

Agreed.

If AB was a FA this past off season, does anyone believe he would only be getting 51/30/3 years from the team that signed him?  That would be a crazy bargain.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rosenhaus stressed that he would make the right decision for Brown’s next landing spot and used the Bills as an example of a team that he wouldn’t even negotiate with.

“When the Bills called me today they said, ‘If we make the trade, what are you guys looking for?’ And I wouldn’t even give them a number because I know you’d rather not go there.”

Brown added, “Yeah, don’t even waste time (on the Bills)."

The audio contradicts what Rosenhaus told the NFL Network shortly after Brown joined the Raiders.

Edited by Reed83HOF