Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you believe the agent, Bills passed on AB before it was ever an option for them ....he did not blow it up. Beane did. 

I'm not a Bills fan, but you guys dodged a bullet here. AB quit on his teammates the week before their most crucial game of the season. He only cares about his stats. Not winning. Stats = $$ so who's to say... We've all seen him pout and make scenes while winning huge games if he doesn't get his touches. We've also seen him laughing and high 5-ing after crushing losses as long as HIS stats are good.

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Josh Allen has to have someone to block for him. And hand the ball off to. And, receivers to catch passes.

Right now McBeane have, as I've read elsewhere, "an empty cupboard" on offense. 

My money's on AB playing well at 34.  

The cupboard will be stocked this year.

I respect your opinion but I won't put too much money on AB----we'll see.

Just now, ricko1112 said:

I'm not a Bills fan, but you guys dodged a bullet here. AB quit on his teammates the week before their most crucial game of the season. He only cares about his stats. Not winning. Stats = $$ so who's to say... We've all seen him pout and make scenes while winning huge games if he doesn't get his touches. We've also seen him laughing and high 5-ing after crushing losses as long as HIS stats are good.

All this is true but, you see, our #1 WR is Zay Jones. On the plus side he didn’t get naked/arrested this offseason and fight for Jesus. That’s a win. Our other WR is a guy we don’t want to admit is looking pretty good because of this guy named Skydiver. It’s all very neurotic. We need more WRs to hate/blame  and AB was perfect. 

• Haha (+1) 5

46 minutes ago, Magox said:

Funny?  Only for those who dont understand what they are trying to do.  It was completely logical and they are following through with the plan they had from day 1 nearly 2 years ago.  Which was to get rid of the players and contracts that they did not want for this franchise.  Reasonable people can disagree with the roster moves and decisions they made but one thing is clear at least clear to those who are able to plainly see what they are doing, which is remaking this team the way they see fit which is all you can ask for from both the FO and ownership and for that I applaud them.

Sorry......I just popped into this discussion........which Bills regime are we talking about?    

This sounds exactly like all of them the past 20 years.

Its pretty obvious that the Bills backed out after the contract demands from AB were disclosed.  You have a guy that says he doesn't need t play because he is rich who then turns around and wants 30+ Million guaranteed money.

I dont' blame him one bit.

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

Totally, totally agree!  Very happy this didn’t happen!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you believe the agent, Bills passed on AB before it was ever an option for them ....he did not blow it up. Beane did. 

Was just about to post this... here's the link in case anyone wants to know more. But yeah... We passed on AB... it wasn't about him not wanting to come to Buffalo. 

Did Antonio Brown want to avoid joining Buffalo Bills? Agent Drew Rosenhaus weighs in - newyorkupstate.com
https://www.newyorkupstate.com//buffalo-bills/2019/03/did-antonio-brown-want-to-avoid-joining-buffalo-bills-agent-drew-rosenhaus-weighs-in.html

So, Beane dropped out... Never made AB an offer... Makes it either Pittsburgh wanted too much in return... or Beane decided after his due diligence AB was not a good fit to the Bills organization... I think the latter... and I applaud Beane... AB is an infectious disease... 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Believer said:

So, Beane dropped out... Never made AB an offer... Makes it either Pittsburgh wanted too much in return... or Beane decided after his due diligence AB was not a good fit to the Bills organization... I think the latter... and I applaud Beane... AB is an infectious disease... 

This is what I wonder as well.

I would think that one of the better ways to find out what exactly happened with AB, and whether or not he’s a fit, would be to enter into the trade talks so you can talk to the GM, coach, agent etc. and ask them all questions. 

23 minutes ago, Believer said:

So, essentially, Beane was worried not only about AB being too demanding but also possibly being diseased, so he immediately pulled out?  I applaud the man for doing the right thing.  This draft is so deep with potentially good WRs that we don't need some other team's headache.