Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

Yeah, never an option of AB wanting to come to Buffalo. Obviously once demands were put down Beane laughed and said “we’re done here”, and that was it. Nothing ever really happened except interest of the Bills. But AB and Drew created that nothing to be had scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

No Beane hate at all, but I think Drew is being "judicious" with his wording regarding AB's desire to play in Buffalo. Whatever, screw AB, but that's my personal opinion.

At the beginning it sure sounded like he gave the reasons without giving the reasons “an offensive coach and a proven QB where he would reach his full potential...”.  but then acted like Buffalo wasn’t even on the table anyway 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

At the beginning it sure sounded like he gave the reasons without giving the reasons “an offensive coach and a proven QB where he would reach his full potential...”.  but then acted like Buffalo wasn’t even on the table anyway 

And then you take into account the tweet AB "liked" citing JA was a run first QB and it really appears AB didn't see us as a good fit.

Whatever though. JA will have every chance to silence the critics with his play.

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It shouldn't. It's in line with what Carucci wrote yesterday in the News.

Sort of but Carucci said it came down to money. Rosenhaus saying they never talked money 

Siciliano followed up on Rosenhaus’ response by asking the agent if Brown would have played for the Bills. According to Rosenhaus, negotiations between the Steelers and Bills never got far enough for them to get in the position to make a decision.

“You know what? I don’t know that there was ever an option for us quite frankly. We never got in that position and it really wasn’t something that was up to us to decide. I don’t think the Steelers and the Bills were able to work something out.”

Just actually watched what he said.

What a load of crap. Guy should be a politician. He said AB was the problem while trying to evade the question. 

Plus, early in the interview he literally raves about the situation in Oakland as being ideal because of having an "offensive Head Coach" and an established QB like Carr.

And on a side note, much like he did with Jalen Ramsey, I'm sure Allen is paying attention to a sleight like that and it's one more little spark to his fire.

• Like (+1) 2

So basically Beane pulled out while Rosenhaus wanted him to stay in and finish the exchange in the hopes of extracting more funds. ? But instead Beane served up a facial! Must of been quite the highlight.

Such is the world of sports.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Glad that we have some closure on this now  and this board can move on never to mention this Brown episode ever again..

I mean some people keep talking about John Brown still.  History shows this AB stuff and all its mythological lore and nonsense will not be going away anytime soon.  Especially those who want to be negative about Beane will keep finding a way to use this like they still use John Brown.  Welcome to TSW, where misery has no end and loves company.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean some people keep talking about John Brown still.  History shows this AB stuff and all its mythological lore and nonsense will not be going away anytime soon.  Especially those who want to be negative about Beane will keep finding a way to use this like they still use John Brown.  Welcome to TSW, where misery has no end and loves company.  

I can’t believe fans aren’t more positive over the Bills!!! Come on. I love this team and Buffalo so much.  But there have been a ton of things to question over the years.  Still will love them but we have been a sad franchise for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

They secured the bag, now they need to repair the brand.

Agent Rosenhaus is thinking about AB's next contract. If Buffalo doesn't chart up in the next 2 years, Beane will be out of a job, and Buf could be a team looking to sign AB--that's the agent's objective.

AB's objective is to play well, keep his mouth (mostly) shut, and look good.

Beane's objective is build a winning team in Buffalo.

Not everyone will see eye to eye in this scenario, and none should be expected to act selflessly.
This is politics. This is football. This is life.

40 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

And then you take into account the tweet AB "liked" citing JA was a run first QB and it really appears AB didn't see us as a good fit.

Whatever though. JA will have every chance to silence the critics with his play.

No particular reason to think this. And plenty of reason to think the opposite. Here's an excerpt from yesterday's Carucci article.

"Neither Beane nor anyone from the Bills spoke directly with Brown. Beane has never met him, so there is no way of truly knowing from the Bills’ end how he feels about the team or Buffalo.

"However, sources said the Bills were confident if they met his financial demand and were able to make the trade, Brown would have happily joined them. Despite speculation that their inability to acquire Brown doesn’t bode well for their efforts to sign players during the NFL’s unrestricted free-agent period that begins Wednesday, the Bills believe what was true before about signing players in the open market remains true: money talks."

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/08/buffalo-bills-antonio-brown-pittsburgh-steelers-brandon-beane-nfl-football/

Edited by Thurman#1

It’s pretty obvious the Bills and Steelers felt good about trade compensation the Bills called Rosenhaus and said hey this is what we’re willing to do contractually. Rosenhaus goes to Brown and says he wants 30 mill guaranteed, Rosenhaus tells Beane, Beane thinks it’s too much and bails our of talks 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you believe the agent, Bills passed on AB before it was ever an option for them ....he did not blow it up. Beane did. 

Maybe the "troll thread" is legit? 

Seriously though, we're talking about Drew Rosenhaus. If his lips are moving, he's lying. Damage control for those endorsements. ;)

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t believe fans aren’t more positive over the Bills!!! Come on. I love this team and Buffalo so much.  But there have been a ton of things to question over the years.  Still will love them but we have been a sad franchise for a long time. 

Thats where short memory is needed.  I dont care about any past regimes when a new one is in town.  They get a clean slate each time, wallowing over past owners and past regimes is a waste of energy and time.  All I care about is who is here now and what they are doing to bring us to a better place.  

And so far, I am very very very pleased with the McD and Beane combo.  Both garner a LOT more respect around the NFL than even the war scorned fans here.  Its understandable even though it really makes no sense to pile on the past mistakes to this current team.  McD has a great reputation around the NFL as a young rising HC and so does Beane as a GM.  If either of them were let go tomorrow, they would have no shortage of suitors.  Some fans see the same here too while others are convinced the Bills and everyone associated with the Bills suck, are wrong, and are losers until one day they are not.  

Fine either way, I choose to evaluate them on their own merits and not be punished by the road littered with past failures before their arrival.  

18 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

Its over. AB is not playing in Buffalo. Lets move on.

HA, you must be new here.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1