Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

What I'm REALLY looking forward to is playing in Vegas hopefully sooner than later, with half the stadium being red, white and blue (including me) and us trouncing them. 

Then we all crush it around town!

Bills play in Las Vegas in 2020, but let's see if Antonio Brown is still a Raider at that time.

Edited by Mark Vader

1 hour ago, stony said:

FWIW, Terry just said at the owner's meeting that it was AB's decision not to come.  

Clearly Terry is a big AB fan and doesn't want to further tarnish his rep by stating that the Bills never REALLY wanted him.

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

I know that’s my point. Beane would have gladly given him that contract. It’s great for both sides. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Oh I agree, was just adding to it

Why didn't the Steelers want to agree to the same deal?  He's one of the best WR's in the game and they didn't have to give up any draft picks, much less the equivalent of an early 2nd round pick.

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Lol! Let it go, Doc!

Love how Terry contradicts Beane. He's such a klutz. Lol

Can't wait to hear the spin from Murph tomorrow.

Laughing at a billionaire and calling him a klutz.  Now that's funny.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

It never got to that point he scoffed at the idea. 

The Bills GM wanted him here and I’m glad. Almost got one of the top players at the biggest need position. Guess you’ll have to be mad a Beane now for trying. 

I didn't want AB so I'm not mad at anyone that the deal didn't get done, regardless of who did the trying and who did the rejecting.  Except for Rapoport who severely jumped the gun and created this whole fiasco.  And despite the polls and AB's claims, the Bills were still able to sign a slew of FA's.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

There isn't much that needs to be interpreted. Rosenhaus is on tape telling AB that he didn't even give us a number because he didn't want to go there. Borwn said Yeah don't even  waste your time on the bills. Then there was a song and dance to save face and now Terry says that AB made the decision. It's pretty black and white = it fell apart because AB didn't want to come here and no $ was even given to the bills...

AB is a moron.    Have fun with Carr, who is a good but not great QB.  Amari Cooper played better for Dallas last season. AB would have been better off here.  Cant wait till Foster puts up better numbers than AB. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We could have not traded up for Zay and picked JuJu in our original spot in the draft. 

You really believe that? Come on man.  It’s ok to love the Bills and Buffalo but also live in reality.  Buffalo was Pittsburgh saying 1) we don’t respect the Bills as a threat 2) instead of playing for a SB contender have fun with a team that never makes the playoffs and 3) have fun moving from Big Ben to Josh Allen.

we were a punishment.  The only way you change the perception is to win and have Allen become a franchise qb.  

You’ve got issues, man. You still haven’t answered a simple question. If the Bills were a “threat” or a “punishment” that AB successfully avoided, name ONE reason why they are still in his head and he’s talking about them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Raiders inevitable implosion is going to be glorious. The move to Vegas, Gruden, Carr, AB, Davis JR. and his hair cut......I can't wait. I started looking forward to this last year and I have a feeling the team is going to have issues deeper than wins and losses.

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

There isn't much that needs to be interpreted. Rosenhaus is on tape telling AB that he didn't even give us a number because he didn't want to go there. Borwn said Yeah don't even  waste your time on the bills. Then there was a song and dance to save face and now Terry says that AB made the decision. It's pretty black and white = it fell apart because AB didn't want to come here and no $ was even given to the bills...

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. The Ralph days are long gone, this wasn’t about money or T Pegs being unwilling to pay Brown. AB is a classic Diva receiva. The Bills don’t have a proven QB, haven’t in some time and consequently haven’t won in quite awhile. That an Antonio brown or another player of his ilk wouldn’t want to come to Buffalo should surprise no one. He already thought himself too good for one of the winningest NFL franchises ever. In the end, who cares ? 

• Like (+1) 1

I just listened to the audio recording between AB and his agent.

The recording is clearly from before any trade happened.

Also saw where Pegula said it was Ab’s decision. 

So, it seems pretty clear now that AB isnt just throwing some temper tantrum about the Bills not meeting his contract demands. He didn’t want to come to Buffalo and it never even got as far as talking money. His agent shut it down before it got that far. 

It is what it is though. After many years of Buffalo fandom, I have fully accepted the fact that not every player wants to live/play here, especially a super star diva personality type like AB. Buffalo just isn’t a good match for a player with a personality like AB’s IMO. 

I honestly do not care though and think we are most likely better off (and I’m not just saying that). I just don’t think AB and the Bills were a good match.

Too much potential for things to go wrong. 

Edited by BillsFan4

If I am speculating the Bills had a framework for a deal that probably worked for both sides in terms of draft pick compensation or at least the Steelers asking price was within the realm of what the Bills were willing to give up. The Bills knowing AB wanted an extension probably reached out to AB seeing how much he wanted and what it would take. Rosenhaus reached back out and said that AB didn't want to come to Buffalo and the whole thing collapsed. 

I think this is Rosenhaus protecting his client and trying to save face. I don't think the deal was as close as maybe reported but I do think that the Bills had a general framework in place and then went to put together the AB side of things and that's where it fell apart. Considering what the Bills did and continue to do in free agency I think it worked out OK.

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

And the Bills end up in cap hell again for signing  big contracts that turn into dead money.

There would have been no risk of that is what I'm saying. They have more than enough space for the next two years. No one to re-sign in that time either.

Look it up, and look at AB's contract. It would have ended right when we need to start re-signing Tre White and a year before Allen/Edmunds contracts are up. 3rd year carries only 300k dead cap if cut, or 17mil if he's still good at that age.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/antonio-brown-6702/

18 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I made the mistake of tuning into WGR's morning show after several months.

Still insufferably douchey.

Give it a rest