Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He definitely wants to make sure everyone knows it was his decision, because he’s childish. And apparently a little embarrassed that he only got a 3rd and a 5th when in his mind he’s the best player in the game. And after obj got a 1st and more a week later.  The Pittsburgh media guys are right - he has some mental issues that keep him trying to garner attention any way he can.

Words are cheap.  Actions speak louder.  He's talking because the Bills rejected him first and he can't handle it.

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I believe it’s not so much about Buffalo as it’s about:

1). We’ve been a bad team

2). The league perception of Allen isn’t close league wide as it is here

Brown would have went to Green Bay if they traded for him.  Qb and winning are the real ways you build culture.  Hopefully, Allen will get there.

Because I call you out on your BS?  You’re completely delusional if you believed what you wrote.  

There's a very clear problem with this theory. He went to the Raiders:

1). Who have been an even worse team

2). There isn't even an official QB for the Raiders right now, as most seem to feel that Carr is a goner. Is the possibility of Kyler Murray -- or another one of a QB class that's got a reputation for being mediocre at best -- really that much better than a rookie QB who went 5-5 in full games with an awful surrounding cast? Or even if you think Carr is staying, while granted his rep is surely better than Allen for most experts around the league, is he really an attraction for a WR?

(honestly, the impression of Allen's rep would seem to more be polarizing than bad -- which does not disprove your theory)

I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just saying while you suggest you KNOW what's going through AB's mind, you really don't. You may have intuited correctly, but we can never truly know. 

It still doesn't explain why he's pathologically attacking the team waaaaay after the fact. Yes, who cares, but it's still pretty messed up. 

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

What I'm REALLY looking forward to is playing in Vegas hopefully sooner than later, with half the stadium being red, white and blue (including me) and us trouncing them. 

Then we all crush it around town!

Someone might get shot if your not careful.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

David Carr will see to that. 

...and Gruden, and the rest of the cast of characters. Can he avoid a hissy fit when they go 4-12? Or is he just happy to take his money to Vegas.....eventually? 

Just now, Augie said:

...and Gruden, and the rest of the cast of characters. Can he avoid a hissy fit when they go 4-12? Or is he just happy to take his money to Vegas.....eventually? 

I don’t think he cares about winning. He cares about money, and his brand. 

• Like (+1) 1

What Brown is doing is petty and childish. Personally, I believe it adds fuel to the fire that Beane said they reached an impasse when talking about Brown's "worth" on a new contract. Due to that he's acting like the Prima Donna lil' b*tch he is. No respect for that guy. You have a new team, a new deal, worry about that. You keep harping on somewhere you didn't end up like you're a little kid who is pissed off like we stole your gummy bears. Eat d*ck Antonio. 

Edited by H2o

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently those are his priorities, but I wonder if a diva like this can avoid making some ugly noise when he’s not getting his touches. Since I think he and Gruden deserve each other, I hope this becomes must see TV. ?

Just now, Augie said:

Apparently those are his priorities, but I wonder if a diva like this can avoid making some ugly noise when he’s not getting his touches. Since I think he and Gruden deserve each other, I hope this becomes must see TV. ?

That’s it right there. It’s not about the score, it’s about the box score.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yup.  He pretty much said so.  Which is why the Bills rejecting his contract demands is the reason he's not in Buffalo.

43 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

can we trade for JuJu he is younger and better anyways...

We could have not traded up for Zay and picked JuJu in our original spot in the draft. 

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Words are cheap.  Actions speak louder.  He's talking because the Bills rejected him first and he can't handle it.

You really believe that? Come on man.  It’s ok to love the Bills and Buffalo but also live in reality.  Buffalo was Pittsburgh saying 1) we don’t respect the Bills as a threat 2) instead of playing for a SB contender have fun with a team that never makes the playoffs and 3) have fun moving from Big Ben to Josh Allen.

we were a punishment.  The only way you change the perception is to win and have Allen become a franchise qb.  

I don’t particularly care that he didn’t want to come here, but man, he comes off so unlikable and douchy it’s tough to listen to. Can’t imagine he consulted Drew before dropping this tape. Who even records conversations with their agent anyhow???!

Brown went to the highest bidder.  Good player and good for him.  Counting Buffalo there were 31 other teams that did not want that deal, including Pittsburgh who knew him best.  In other news Ramsey still thinks Allen is trash.  Haters gonna hate.  Makes for fun story lines though.

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You really believe that? Come on man.  It’s ok to love the Bills and Buffalo but also live in reality.  Buffalo was Pittsburgh saying 1) we don’t respect the Bills as a threat 2) instead of playing for a SB contender have fun with a team that never makes the playoffs and 3) have fun moving from Big Ben to Josh Allen.

we were a punishment.  The only way you change the perception is to win and have Allen become a franchise qb.  

Your last sentence destroys your argument.  The Raiders don't win and he had no problem going there.  You know why?  Because they "show'd him da money!"

I'm very glad this came out, because now it'll only be people who are truly in denial (see: John Murphy, and some in this thread) who still believe that Beane nixed this.

What some of you are saying is hilarious and not believable in any way. Just accept the fact that some people really do feel the way AB does about Buffalo.

Rapoport's reports were true, from the deal being close to AB not wanting to go to Buffalo. It was the BILLS doing all of the damage control in this situation. This phone call confirms what was obvious in the first place... The reason they didn't talk compensation is because AB made clear to Rosenhaus that he didn't want to go to Buffalo. I can't wait to hear Murphy explain this away tomorrow. We now have hard evidence that AB balked at the Bills, yet Murph will probably still try to twist it somehow and say that no one feels that way. ?

AB is making fun of the Bills now because he was offended by the suggestion that the Bills walked away. He thinks it's funny that they're doing damage control and wants the truth to be known. He started this all the way back on the first night with #fakenews.

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Rosenhaus stressed that he would make the right decision for Brown’s next landing spot and used the Bills as an example of a team that he wouldn’t even negotiate with.

“When the Bills called me today they said, ‘If we make the trade, what are you guys looking for?’ And I wouldn’t even give them a number because I know you’d rather not go there.”

Brown added, “Yeah, don’t even waste time (on the Bills)."

The audio contradicts what Rosenhaus told the NFL Network shortly after Brown joined the Raiders.

So, this is still a thing?  Cool!