Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

As I said before, this looks like a diva throwing a tantrum because someone (Buffalo) didn't bow to his demands.  Why would he be this fixated on Buffalo otherwise?  Buffalo had the audacity to not give the legend in his own mind everything he wanted.

If I was a FA and said to my agent, "You know, not Buffalo." then got Vegas, I'd be happy.  I didn't want to go to Buffalo, I didn't go there.  That would be the end of it.  I wouldn't be like "You know who sucks?  Buffalo.", "Buffalo is my least favorite city in New York.", "Did I mention Vegas = Yay!, Buffalo = Boo!", "I could have gone to Buffalo, but didn't want to.", "You know a city I don't like?  Buffalo.", "Buffalo is a city full of doo-doo heads!", "Man, I'm glad I didn't go to Buffalo." ...etc.

For someone that supposedly wanted nothing to do with Buffalo, he certainly can't stop talking about it, can he?  That's the behavior of someone who is seriously butt-hurt, not someone who simply didn't want to come here from the start.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or they have a former pro bowl qb who just threw for the 2nd most yards any Bills qb has ever had in a bad year.  Plus, they paid him and are going to Vegas.

Some of you really believe if DR and AB said they were super excited to come to Buffalo and play with Allen, we won’t have paid him too? Come on.

and I never wanted Brown.  That’s why I hated all this. I knew we get trashed if we did this.  But to act like we are better off getting clowned by Briwn because we got John Brown and Cole is silly. 

The tweet he liked specifically singled out Allen as a "run first" QB. Josh has the opportunity right in front of him to change his reputation. It's all there for the taking. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This lends more credence to mine and others belief that Rappaport was actually right. The Bills and Steelers agreed on a trade. Then they had to see what AB may want even though he was already under contract. When Rosenhaus told him about the imminent trade, that was Brown's response. And the deal was sunk. 

It tells me the exact opposite, why would you get into details on compensation only to later find out the player isn't interested. You make the call to the agent after getting the ok from the GM and when you see it isn't a realistic option, you don't pursue the trade any further.

This is unacceptable, you would never hear anything like that from one of the Bills greats.

“My agent looked at me after Elway got picked and the problem that arose from it and he said, ‘Hey Jim, is there anywhere that you don’t want to play?’ I said, ‘Oh yeah, I don’t want to play for the Minnesota Vikings. I don’t want to play for the Green Bay Packers and I don’t want to play for the Buffalo Bills.’”

-Jim Kelly to BuffaloBills.com’s Chris Brown in 2010

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Red King said:

As I said before, this looks like a diva throwing a tantrum because someone (Buffalo) didn't bow to his demands.  Why would he be this fixated on Buffalo otherwise?  Buffalo had the audacity to not give the legend in his own mind everything he wanted.

If I was a FA and said to my agent, "You know, not Buffalo." then got Vegas, I'd be happy.  I didn't want to go to Buffalo, I didn't go there.  That would be the end of it.  I wouldn't be like "You know who sucks?  Buffalo.", "Buffalo is my least favorite city in New York.", "Did I mention Vegas = Yay!, Buffalo = Boo!", "I could have gone to Buffalo, but didn't want to.", "You know a city I don't like?  Buffalo.", "Buffalo is a city full of doo-doo heads!", "Man, I'm glad I didn't go to Buffalo." ...etc.

For someone that supposedly wanted nothing to do with Buffalo, he certainly can't stop talking about it, can he?  That's the behavior of someone who is seriously butt-hurt, not someone who simply didn't want to come here from the start.

Or it could be that he received a ton of "feedback" from Bills fans that triggered his response.

At the end of the day, IT DOESN'T MATTER. Brandon Beane/Sean McDermott and Josh Allen will define Buffalo's immediate future; not Antonio freaking Brown.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

Why is this even news? People think this is interesting and want more about this dumb story?

Are people trolling the Jets weeks later because Barr said the thought of going to them made him physically ill?

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sexiness? The Raiders have a terrible reputation. Nothing sexy about the team or the city. 

Hey, it's (someone else's) theory.

47 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How do you figure? The Bills and Steelers agreed to compensation. AB then turned down the Bills. Beane finally admitted it. Not the other way around. 

When/where did Beane admit this?

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

No, it doesn't. Players don't look at last year's records. It's about tradition and perception. The Raiders are a sexier organization, period. Not to mention better weather and more celebrity. The evidence clearly indicates that AB didn't want to go to Buffalo, period, so money wasn't even discussed. Just accept it and move on.

The city of Oakland is nothing but a big dirty, gang infested ***** hole. Oakland is San Fran's toilet paper. It makes Detroit look like paradise city.

On 3/10/2019 at 3:16 PM, aceman_16 said:

"Mayock was a great negotiator" = agent talk for "we fleeced them."

AB for a 3rd & a 5th hardly seems like a fleecing to me, and Brown's contract is very similar to the one Sammy Watkins signed last year.  

From Spotrac:

1. Sammy Watkins signed a 3 year, $48,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $21,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,000,000. 
  2. Antonio Brown signed a 3 year, $50,125,000 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $1,000,000 signing bonus, $30,125,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,708,333. 

If I was Antonio Brown, I would definitely demand to be paid more than Sammy Watkins.

Edited by Buffalo86

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Earlier in the thread. 

OK, I went back.  Read this part:

Beane seemed comfortable with those trade parameters. He just apparently wasn’t willing to acquiesce to what Brown and Rosenhaus were demanding from a new team.

• Like (+1) 1