Per Rosenhaus, Bills weren't an option for AB cuz 1) Beane withdrew from talks 2) (new) Rosenhaus blew them off

OK I lied   -  I have something else to say 

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

AB is a moron.    Have fun with Carr, who is a good but not great QB.  Amari Cooper played better for Dallas last season. AB would have been better off here.  Cant wait till Foster puts up better numbers than AB. 

....whoa!......Terrell Davis on NFLN was drooling all over the far better QB situation AB has with Raiduhs versus "the potential disaster he faced in Buffalo"......

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....whoa!......Terrell Davis on NFLN was drooling all over the far better QB situation AB has with Raiduhs versus "the potential disaster he faced in Buffalo"......

Carr was no stud his first season .....

3-13 his rookie season and 7-9 his sophomore season.

Josh was 5-6 as a starter.   barring the injury game could he have been 6-5 as a starter??     

When Josh tells us a story his O Line wanted him to get hurt  like Carr did  ......  

sorry I digress 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Josh was 5-6 as a starter.   barring the injury game could he have been 6-5 as a starter??     

...SERIOUSLY calling the QB situation in Bflo a "potential disaster"?........CTE Terrell.........let's talk about the BRONCOS QB disaster(s) in your OWN backyard....SMH...........

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

lol QB record 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't have a problem with it.  Beane was in preliminary talks, and it cam to a point where he decided it wasn't going to work to the Bills' advantage.  He gets paid to make those decisions.  Anthony Brown is in the conversation as the best receiver in the league, and is certainly in the top 3, but he's 30 years old and was going to cost a boatload of money.  Yes, Buffalo had the cap space to be able to sign him, but when they didn't Beane was able to go out and finish adding better than a dozen free agents.  For the most part, the guys they added are not scrubs, and many are clear upgrades over the players they may potentially replace.  I think the list of free agents Buffalo signed would look somewhat different had Beane used the necessary cap space to add Brown.

9 hours ago, eball said:

You’ve got issues, man. You still haven’t answered a simple question. If the Bills were a “threat” or a “punishment” that AB successfully avoided, name ONE reason why they are still in his head and he’s talking about them. 

That's a big tell to me.  It's jilted lover syndrome.  The jilter wants to move on and never speak of it unless forced-to because they're asked about it and the jiltee can't handle it and goes mental.

But whatever the case, he's not here and that's a good thing and you just have to read his Twitter to realize that.  Should be fun watching the hijinks in Oakland this year.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...SERIOUSLY calling the QB situation in Bflo a "potential disaster"?........CTE Terrell.........let's talk about the BRONCOS QB disaster(s) in your OWN backyard....SMH...........

that was my point 

TD must be suffering from  Migraines again    

Chuckie alone is  a "potential disaster" as well as Mike Mayock 

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

lol QB record 

the point being Carr started slow and then progressed (to a point)     Don't get me wrong....  I do like Carr and thought he was progressing well  (as our team declined) 

Who was more responsible for the Wins in the Bills games?   I'd put a lot on Josh's shoulders,.   Can we say the same for Carr his rookie season? 

5-6 as a starter with little Offensive weapons IS an accomplishment.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

This is 100% accurate.  He's a good/successful agent, but he's also a dick.

Well in this case, he's got a nut job client to appease.  Some players make you earn that 3% commission.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I don't have a problem with it.  Beane was in preliminary talks, and it cam to a point where he decided it wasn't going to work to the Bills' advantage.  He gets paid to make those decisions.  Anthony Brown is in the conversation as the best receiver in the league, and is certainly in the top 3, but he's 30 years old and was going to cost a boatload of money.  Yes, Buffalo had the cap space to be able to sign him, but when they didn't Beane was able to go out and finish adding better than a dozen free agents.  For the most part, the guys they added are not scrubs, and many are clear upgrades over the players they may potentially replace.  I think the list of free agents Buffalo signed would look somewhat different had Beane used the necessary cap space to add Brown.

Anthony Brown :doh:

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the point being Carr started slow and then progressed (to a point)     Don't get me wrong....  I do like Carr and thought he was progressing well  (as our team declined) 

You cherry picking QB records is pointless and doesn’t even begin to put things into context. The Raiders defense was last in the league giving up over 28 points per game. Kinda of hard for a rookie QB to win many games when his offense has to average 30 points a game..

Who was more responsible for the Wins in the Bills games?   I'd put a lot on Josh's shoulders,.   Can we say the same for Carr his rookie season? 

After Allen came back from injury, our defense was giving up 16 points per game. Allen was clearly the player carrying our offense but he was also aided by a defense playing well. Compare that to Carr who actually had a good rookie season but was being supported by a defense giving up nearly 30 points a game. And have you seen who Carr had to throw to that year? His leading receiver was Andre Holmes...yes, that Andre Holmes. His weapons we just as bad as Allen had to work with, possibly worse.

5-6 as a starter with little Offensive weapons IS an accomplishment.  

No, it’s not. There’s no need to make ridiculous arguments to feel good about Josh Allen. Anyone that watched him play last year should be encouraged about him. 

Edited by Bangarang

55 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You cherry picking QB records is pointless and doesn’t even begin to put things into context. The Raiders defense was last in the league giving up over 28 points per game. Kinda of hard for a rookie QB to win many games when his offense has to average 30 points a game.

Not necessarily.   

What was the Bills D rated when they made the playoffs and Carr was playing well?   Certainly not the top 5  - 10 that they were.  [Thanks to Wrex] 

In 2017 the Raiders (6-10) D was 23rd overall  Bills (9-7) # 26

In 2014 the Raiders (3-13)  D was 21st overall  Bills (9-7) # 4 

Rookie season to rookie season I am saying that Josh was a better QB than Carr was.   The W / L just makes it stand out.... 

Beane wasn't willing to give 30 million guaranteed to a 31 year old WR.  He backed out after contract demands came in.  What is so hard to grasp about this?  It's just agent and client spin to save face. 

Beane was clearly upset and mad during that press conference last year.  That wasn't fake it was real.  I will believe that over a nut case of WR and his agent any day.

Please just let this die.

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not necessarily.   

Not necessarily what?

What was the Bills D rated when they made the playoffs and Carr was playing well?   

Certainly not the top 5  - 10 that they were.  [Thanks to Wrex] 

In 2017 the Raiders (6-10) D was 23rd overall  Bills (9-7) # 26

What does this have to do with comparing Carr’s and Allen’s rookie years?

In 2014 the Raiders (3-13)  D was 21st overall  Bills (9-7) # 4 

Yes, the Raiders defense was quite bad Carr’s rookie year. 

Rookie season to rookie season I am saying that Josh was a better QB than Carr was.   The W / L just makes it stand out.... 

No, he wasn’t. Both had horrible supporting casts on offense but Allen had the better supporting cast on defense which helped him win a few more games. Your entire argument is based on QB wins which is silly 

Edited by Bangarang