Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why is AB still a Bills topic?  Who cares.  He’s a Raider.  Beane CHOSE not to trade for him.  

I mean who gives ??about AB anymore, what he says about his ex teammates, etc?  This thread is some kind of pissing match now where people want to be right about things that have no way to be proven right or wrong.  Especially since so many people have their own individual versions of their interpretation of what happened.  

Let this thread die.

GO BILLS!

#ALLEN4MVP

#MCD4COY

#BEANE4GMOY

#Shady4AARP

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

NO.

Rooney said he didn't envision brown on the team in the upcoming year.

This was because brown had quit on the team and wasn't going to show up unless they changed his mind.

Keep trying.

It's quite entertaining watching you make things up.

?

This is not even remotely what he meant, much less said.  No, he said it was hard to envision him being back (because he quit) and that all options except for outright releasing him were on the table.  You don't state that publicly unless you're ready and willing to get rid of someone. 

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

?

This is not even remotely what he meant, much less said.  No, he said it was hard to envision him being back (because he quit) and that all options except for outright releasing him were on the table.  You don't state that publicly unless you're ready and willing to get rid of someone. 

No.

When you've decided to trade somebody, you make that known.

What he stated was that all options other than outright release were available.

You asserted trade was the only option and they preferred to "rid themselves" of him.

That wasn't the only option until he demanded the trade.

I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

27 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

No.

When you've decided to trade somebody, you make that known.

What he stated was that all options other than outright release were available.

You asserted trade was the only option and they preferred to "rid themselves" of him.

That wasn't the only option until he demanded the trade.

I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

No, you privately start making calls looking for interest like the Cards have been doing with Rosen and tell teams that you're open to trade but pretend you would also keep the player, trying to maintain leverage when it comes to compensation.  What you do not do if you plan on bringing a guy back is to publicly say that it's hard to envision him being back and that trading him is on the table.  And all it apparently would have taken for him to be back was for the Steelers to guarantee his 2019 and 2020 salaries.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, you privately start making calls looking for interest like the Cards have been doing with Rosen and tell teams that you're open to trade but pretend you would also keep the player, trying to maintain leverage when it comes to compensation.  What you do not do if you plan on bringing a guy back is to publicly say that it's hard to envision him being back and that trading him is on the table.  And all it apparently would have taken for him to be back was for the Steelers to guarantee his 2019 and 2020 salaries.

Your assertion is the complete opposite of what your want to do if you wish to achieve max value.

Brown is the one who demanded the trade.

Ffs man.

I'm done with you.

ESPN article published today clarifies that AB would have happily come to Buffalo if he got a redo on contract like what Oakland gave ... so it fell through due to Bean not being willing to tear up the existing contract. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dayman said:

ESPN article published today clarifies that AB would have happily come to Buffalo if he got a redo on contract like what Oakland gave ... so it fell through due to Bean not being willing to tear up the existing contract. 

Good on Beane. Brown is an overpaid loser as it is.

46 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Good on Beane. Brown is an overpaid loser as it is.

I doubt that is the full truth and more like Brown's camp trying to save face. Bean had to know walking in Brown would want new guaranteed money. Now was it the numbers being thrown around could be but Brown was looking to get out of Pitt and money was one of those reasons.

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

I doubt that is the full truth and more like Brown's camp trying to save face. Bean had to know walking in Brown would want new guaranteed money. Now was it the numbers being thrown around could be but Brown was looking to get out of Pitt and money was one of those reasons.

Admitting that it was a matter of the Bills not wanting to pay Brown and not Brown never wanting to play for the Bills doesn’t save face for Brown. And the report says Beane was willing to tweak the contract, which I have no doubt means a little bit more guaranteed money but not close to what he wanted. 

It would be interesting to find out if the Steelers had guaranteed his 2019 and 2020 salaries if he would still have quit on the team and demanded a trade?

22 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Your assertion is the complete opposite of what your want to do if you wish to achieve max value.

Brown is the one who demanded the trade.

Ffs man.

I'm done with you.

YES!!! They're done!!!

I think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...