Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So it's AB's fault that they didn't make the playoffs?  His 1300 yards and 15 TDs (in 15 games) were the problem?  That output "wasn't worth it"....because they didn't make the playoffs??  That's nuts.  In 2 of the 4 losses in the last 5 games he played, he had 24 catches, 3 TDs and 339 yards.  Both were 3 point losses where the Defense gave up 64 points.  THAT'S why the Steelers didn't make the playoffs.

In 2013, when he had 1500 yards and they went 8-8..he wasn't worth having on the team?  Can you spell that out a little better for us?  lol.

As for the second bolded part, and again, it doesn't matter what I think.....the question is, if he has 1200 yards even with Carr (who's never had a WR of AB's caliber) then would the Raiders have considered him "worth it"?

You refuse to directly answer the question because you won't concede that the answer is obvious.

15 games?  Why not 16?  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a very simple question.Your obfuscation attempts to make it less so.

AB certainly gave no indication that he was "threatened" by "a younger WR....taking catches away from" him.  In fact he said nothing about it while he was a Steeler!  To claim, now that he is a Raider, that AB is manifesting some sort of feelings of threat by a former teammate is goofy.

Look WEO, if you have no problem with the stunt AB pulled at the end of last season and his highly erratic behavior, which leads you to ask simple questions because you don't want to have a complex discussion about why we as Bills fans wouldn't and shouldn't want to add a potential cancer like him, that's on you.  There's a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade.  Sure it's entertainment, but only when the drama is happening on another team.

And you expect(ed) AB to come out and say "I'm threatened by JuJu Smith-Shuster"?  LOL!  Talk about goofy. 

Just opinion....To me it seems like both Ben and AB are bad teammates and that Ben is worse.  That said, AB's risks in the locker room are real until proven otherwise.  Any team could use his production and the money is inevitable.  The question is whether it works for a team to have an all about me guy out there and/or if they can tamp it down.  

We won't ever find out how it would have worked for the Bills.  30 other teams also won't know.  The Steelers probably are in love with all the drama this offseason and Ben won't be around forever.  I think they handled things poorly.  The Raiders?  We'll see.  I don't worry about the coulda woulda shoulda coming from our local Pats fan.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Look WEO, if you have no problem with the stunt AB pulled at the end of last season and his highly erratic behavior, which leads you to ask simple questions because you don't want to have a complex discussion about why we as Bills fans wouldn't and shouldn't want to add a potential cancer like him, that's on you.  There's a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade.  Sure it's entertainment, but only when the drama is happening on another team.

And you expect(ed) AB to come out and say "I'm threatened by JuJu Smith-Shuster"?  LOL!  Talk about goofy. 

Change the narrative to suit yourself again doc.

Good work.

AB PUBLICLY DEMANDED A TRADE.

He wasn't going to play for them anymore.

They didn't want to rid themselves of him at first.

He wanted to rid himself of them.

They chose to trade him for 30 cents on the dollar because if he sat out, he was going to count against their cap even if they didn't have to actually pay him the money.

He was so adamant about not showing up to play for a team he didn't have on his list of acceptable trade partners that he handicapped his own value.

If they cut him he counted the same dead cap as trading him this year.

They figured they would recoup some minor draft capital for their dead cap.

You can argue all you want whether or not he's worth the drama.

You can't argue facts.

He demanded the trade.

They didn't put him on the block first.

Try again with your narrative bending.

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

15 games?  Why not 16?  

Well....racism, of course.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

No problem with it??  You must be joking.  I've documented my opinion of his quitting on his team, you just pretend (as usual) not to know this.  In fact, when many here were comically suggesting that the Bills would never look ABs way because of.......Poyer!.....I suggested to them (you) that a more "cogent argument" could be made that he's not worth looking at because he quit on his team.

And again, he gave no hint of any beef with another WR on his team while he was a Steeler.  The circumstances surrounding his missed last game are well documented--you really need to review stuff better before you post.

56 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Good work.

They chose to trade him for 30 cents on the dollar because if he sat out, he was going to count against their cap even if they didn't have to actually pay him the money.

He was so adamant about not showing up to play for a team he didn't have on his list of acceptable trade partners that he handicapped his own value.

You can't argue facts.

He demanded the trade.

Good luck with that!  Doc's the human pretzel.

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Just dropping by to rubberneck this car wreck of a thread

You can't look away!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Good work.

You can't argue facts.

He demanded the trade.

Yes that's right.  AB woke up about 2 months ago and out of the blue demanded to be traded for no reason other than he wanted to be rid of them.  Good one.

When you think it through more, come back to me.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

No problem with it??  You must be joking.  I've documented my opinion of his quitting on his team, you just pretend (as usual) not to know this.  In fact, when many here were comically suggesting that the Bills would never look ABs way because of.......Poyer!.....I suggested to them (you) that a more "cogent argument" could be made that he's not worth looking at because he quit on his team.

And again, he gave no hint of any beef with another WR on his team while he was a Steeler.  The circumstances surrounding his missed last game are well documented--you really need to review stuff better before you post.

I told you that Poyer wouldn't be an impediment to a trade for AB judging by the fact that he apparently has no problem playing with his nemesis Burfict.  As for the "cogent argument" you allegedly made, it rings hollow when you simplistically say that getting 1,200 yards is the only thing that means anything.  But you do you.

Yeah, he was threatened by JSS.  Stop with the laughable "he gave no hint" stuff.  There is no other explanation for his bizarre and unprovoked attacks against JSS when JSS had nothing to do with AB getting shipped-out...other JSS having more catches and yards.

As for any excuses for why he quit on his team, save them.  All that matters is that he quit. 

Edited by Doc

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes that's right.  AB woke up about 2 months ago and out of the blue demanded to be traded for no reason other than he wanted to be rid of them.  Good one.

When you think it through more, come back to me.

That's exactly what happened.

What else is there to think through??

He literally demanded a trade.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

So in your mind he demanded a trade for no reason? 

No.

He decided to demand a trade.

What are you disagreeing on??

You stated "There's a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade"

YES.

BECAUSE HE DEMANDED A TRADE.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

So in your mind he demanded a trade for no reason? 

...FWIW Doc, still think Ben was the head diva among the Pitsburgh Kardasians' "Three Stooges (AB, Bell & Ben)".......Colbert decided to stick by Ben and HC Catlin Tomlin was clueless.....at last count, Noll has rolled over 27 times.....strictly a speculative hunch...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

No.

He decided to demand a trade.

What are you disagreeing on??

You stated "There's a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade"

YES.

BECAUSE HE DEMANDED A TRADE.

WHY DID HE DEMAND A TRADE?

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...FWIW Doc, still think Ben was the head diva among the Pitsburgh Kardasians' "Three Stooges (AB, Bell & Ben)".......Colbert decided to stick by Ben and HC Catlin Tomlin was clueless.....at last count, Noll has rolled over 27 times.....

BR may have well been the head diva, aloof, whatever.  That's still no reason to quit on your team.  Again I didn't want the Bills to trade for AB long before Rapoport's gaffe and anyone can go back and easily verify that.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

WHY DID HE DEMAND A TRADE?

BR may have well been the head diva, aloof, whatever.  That's still no reason to quit on your team.  Again I didn't want the Bills to trade for AB long before Rapoport's gaffe and anyone can go back and easily verify that.

...my apology for the confusion...NEVER EVER would condone a quitter...NEVER......in a singular sport, quit on YOURSELF.......TEAM sport?...never......this is a HIGH paying Big Boyz League  only available annually to a privileged 1,696.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my apology for the confusion...NEVER EVER would condone a quitter...NEVER......in a singular sport, quit on YOURSELF.......TEAM sport?...never......this is a HIGH paying Big Boyz League  only available annually to a privileged 1,696.....

No, wasn't trying to imply you condoned it.  I'm just saying that anyone could give a litany of reason why he quit, but all that matters is just that he did.  You don't want a guy like that on your team, period. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, wasn't trying to imply you condoned it.  I'm just saying that anyone could give a litany of reason why he quit, but all that matters is just that he did.  You don't want a guy like that on your team, period. 

...and we'll never know if Bell's reason was SOLELY financial despite being offered a deal...