Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

1 hour ago, Doc said:

WHY DID HE DEMAND A TRADE?

BR may have well been the head diva, aloof, whatever.  That's still no reason to quit on your team.  Again I didn't want the Bills to trade for AB long before Rapoport's gaffe and anyone can go back and easily verify that.

Been over why he quit a million times.

That wasn't the discussion.

Your words, again:

"There's  a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to  rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade"

BECAUSE HE DEMANDED A TRADE

HE DEMANDED THE TRADE

THEY DIDN'T WANT TO RID THEMSELVES OF HIM

HE WANTED THE TRADE

as usual you are just changing the topic

23 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Been over why he quit a million times.

That wasn't the discussion.

Your words, again:

"There's  a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to  rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade"

BECAUSE HE DEMANDED A TRADE

HE DEMANDED THE TRADE

THEY DIDN'T WANT TO RID THEMSELVES OF HIM

HE WANTED THE TRADE

as usual you are just changing the topic

I don't change the topic, much less "as usual."  So keep that ***** to yourself, newbie.

And the part about quitting wasn't in response to you, but it might as well have been, because it pertains to what I'm talking about.

Just now, Doc said:

I don't change the topic, much less "as usual."  So keep that ***** to yourself, newbie.

And the part about quitting wasn't in response to you, but it might as well have been, because it pertains to what I'm talking about.

Except it doesn't.

Newbie??

I'm sorry, you sound a bit upset 

You still have not responded proper though.

You claimed, again, I'm going to quote it:

"There's a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade"

The reason was, again, that HE DEMANDED A TRADE.

prior to that, he was not on the block.

So your assessment that they wanted to "rid themselves of him" was inaccurate.

He demanded a trade, and said he wouldn't play for them again, so they traded him.

It's pretty simple.

19 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Except it doesn't.

Newbie??

I'm sorry, you sound a bit upset 

You still have not responded proper though.

You claimed, again, I'm going to quote it:

"There's a reason why a) a premier franchise like the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of him and b) they got almost nothing for him in trade"

The reason was, again, that HE DEMANDED A TRADE.

prior to that, he was not on the block.

So your assessment that they wanted to "rid themselves of him" was inaccurate.

He demanded a trade, and said he wouldn't play for them again, so they traded him.

It's pretty simple.

I see you and WEO share the same affliction: lack of critical thinking and/or disingenuousness.  But I'm here to help!

Brown demanded a trade in February, i.e. 2 months ago.  A month before that, Art Rooney said it was "hard to envision Brown being in training camp" with the Steelers.  What do you think those words meant and which came first? 

But again, at the very latest, they decided to rid themselves of AB after he quit on the team at the end of December.  As almost any team would.

Edited by Doc

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I see you and WEO share the same affliction: lack of critical thinking and/or disingenuousness.  But I'm here to help!

Brown demanded a trade in February, i.e. 2 months ago.  A month before that, Art Rooney said it was "hard to envision Brown being in training camp" with the Steelers.  What do you think those words meant and which came first? 

But again, at the very latest, they decided to rid themselves of AB after he quit on the team at the end of December.  As almost any team would.

What Rooney meant was exactly what everybody assumed.

Brown didn't want to play for them anymore.

They had behind closed doors discussions and her said as much.

He then publicly demanded a trade.

Prior to that the Steelers planned to keep him, and probably still would have, if he had not DEMANDED A TRADE.

AGAIN.

You are missing the point.

YOU asserted that the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of brown.

HE demanded the trade.

These facts that you cannot dispute.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

But again, at the very latest, they decided to rid themselves of AB after he quit on the team at the end of December. 

who really gives a rat's azz on demands, whines, snivels, etc......bottom line is you have a malcontent, cancerous presence disrupting the team regardless of talent...a ME diva.......either live with it or cut bait.....see the "McDermott Handbook On The Process" for quick 'n easy reference....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

What Rooney meant was exactly what everybody assumed.

Brown didn't want to play for them anymore.

They had behind closed doors discussions and her said as much.

He then publicly demanded a trade.

Prior to that the Steelers planned to keep him, and probably still would have, if he had not DEMANDED A TRADE.

AGAIN.

You are missing the point.

YOU asserted that the Steelers wanted to rid themselves of brown.

HE demanded the trade.

These facts that you cannot dispute.

Rooney said they wanted to get rid of him before AB came out and demanded to be traded.  Sorry but that's the only fact anyone has and what you cannot dispute. 

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

who really gives a rat's azz on demands, whines, snivels, etc......bottom line is you have a malcontent, cancerous presence disrupting the team regardless of talent...a ME diva.......either live with it or cut bait.....see the "McDermott Handbook On The Process" for quick 'n easy reference....

Hey, you don't have to convince me!

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Rooney said they wanted to get rid of him before AB came out and demanded to be traded.  Sorry but that's the only fact anyone has and what you cannot dispute. 

...thanks Doc...could see Rooney's frustrations boiling over to publicly comment when the hallowed Steelers organization is being stained...however, I doubt a Rooney would ever strong arm Colbert or Catlin Tomlin with a "get rid of him now" demand....poor Chuck Noll rollin' over.....

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hey, you don't have to convince me!

NO

HE DID NOT

"On Thursday, during an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers team president Art Rooney II said that it's "hard to envision" Brown being with the team for training camp. He also ruled out the possibility of the team releasing him, but acknowledged that "all other options are on the table." That, of course, means the two sides could always make up and get back together, but it also means the Steelers could actually trade Brown"

that's him saying we might be too far gone in this situation but who knows

Not the same as your assertion that they WANTED TO RID THEMSELVES OF HIM

Keep trying, doc

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks Doc...could see Rooney's frustrations boiling over to publicly comment when the hallowed Steelers organization is being stained...however, I doubt a Rooney would ever strong arm Colbert or Catlin Tomlin with a "get rid of him now" demand....poor Chuck Noll rollin' over.....

I could see it.  I think both Colbert and Tomlin are on the hot seat.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I could see it.  I think both Colbert and Tomlin are on the hot seat.

...that would be a 180 bud....Colbert has been GM since 2000.....they have had THREE HC's in 49 years with Tomlin entering his 12th....do the Rooney's have "change gonads" ?....stay tuned....

8 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

NO

HE DID NOT

"On Thursday, during an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers team president Art Rooney II said that it's "hard to envision" Brown being with the team for training camp. He also ruled out the possibility of the team releasing him, but acknowledged that "all other options are on the table." That, of course, means the two sides could always make up and get back together, but it also means the Steelers could actually trade Brown"

that's him saying we might be too far gone in this situation but who knows

Not the same as your assertion that they WANTED TO RID THEMSELVES OF HIM

Keep trying, doc

Like I said above, you either lack critical thinking skills or are being disingenuous.  Because you know you've lost this one.  Keep flailing if you wish.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...that would be a 180 bud....Colbert has been GM since 2000.....they have had THREE HC's in 49 years with Tomlin entering his 12th....do the Rooney's have "change gonads" ?....stay tuned....

We'll see.  The window with BR is closing fast and they missed the playoffs this past season.  One more non-playoff season and I'll bet they're both gone.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Like I said above, you either lack critical thinking skills or are being disingenuous.  Because you know you've lost this one.  Keep flailing if you wish.

What?

What are you even talking about?

What critical thinking skills are required here?

Brown wasn't returning phonecalls from Rooney or Tomlin.

Rooney, at this point, had not spoken with him, and had basically assumed brown had quit on the team, but that it might still be salvageable.

When they finally got together Brown made it clear that he would not show up to work anymore, and that he wanted to be traded.

Prior to that, Rooney was open to bringing him back, even after all the BS.

That means your assertion that they wanted to "rid themselves of Brown" does not follow the events that took place.

What are YOU missing?

YOU are instead, as usual, twisting a narrative, coming to conclusions that don't fit with the events, then just throwing your hands up and claiming somebody "lacks critical thinking skills".

Nice try doc.

Stay classy.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

.this is humorous isn't it Doc?.....shades of Ralph vs Wade, "you fired me.....no you resigned"...OR...Slick Willie "depends on what the definition of IS is".....some kiddies hate to lose.....Comedy Central right here....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

11 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

What?

What are you even talking about?

What critical thinking skills are required here?

Brown wasn't returning phonecalls from Rooney or Tomlin.

Rooney, at this point, had not spoken with him, and had basically assumed brown had quit on the team, but that it might still be salvageable.

When they finally got together Brown made it clear that he would not show up to work anymore, and that he wanted to be traded.

Prior to that, Rooney was open to bringing him back, even after all the BS.

That means your assertion that they wanted to "rid themselves of Brown" does not follow the events that took place.

What are YOU missing?

YOU are instead, as usual, twisting a narrative, coming to conclusions that don't fit with the events, then just throwing your hands up and claiming somebody "lacks critical thinking skills".

Nice try doc.

Stay classy.

Again, Rooney publicly talked about trading Brown before Brown publicly demanded one.  The meeting was a formality, a "Hail Mary" if you will and ultimately (and predictably) failed to keep him in Pgh.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.this is humorous insn't it Doc?.....shades of Ralph vs Wade, "you fired me.....no you resigned"...OR...Slick Willie "depends on what the definition of IS is".....some kiddies hate to lose.....Comedy Central right here....:thumbsup:

All part of the entertainment!  Each side wants to save face.  But it's pretty obvious that after AB quit on the team, the Steelers were/would have been fed up with him.  And you have Rooney's comments being made before Brown's.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why is AB still a Bills topic?  Who cares.  He’s a Raider.  Beane CHOSE not to trade for him.  

I mean who gives ??about AB anymore, what he says about his ex teammates, etc?  This thread is some kind of pissing match now where people want to be right about things that have no way to be proven right or wrong.  Especially since so many people have their own individual versions of their interpretation of what happened.  

Let this thread die.

GO BILLS!

#ALLEN4MVP

#MCD4COY

#BEANE4GMOY

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why is AB still a Bills topic?  Who cares.  He’s a Raider.  Beane CHOSE not to trade for him.  

I mean who gives ??about AB anymore, what he says about his ex teammates, etc?  This thread is some kind of pissing match now where people want to be right about things that have no way to be proven right or wrong.  Especially since so many people have their own individual versions of their interpretation of what happened.  

Let this thread die.

GO BILLS!

#ALLEN4MVP

#MCD4COY

#BEANE4GMOY

Here, take my umbrella.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, Rooney publicly talked about trading Brown before Brown publicly demanded one.  The meeting was a formality, a "Hail Mary" if you will and ultimately (and predictably) failed to keep him in Pgh.

All part of the entertainment!  Each side wants to save face.  But it's pretty obvious that after AB quit on the team, the Steelers were/would have been fed up with him.  And you have Rooney's comments being made before Brown's.

NO.

Rooney said he didn't envision brown on the team in the upcoming year.

This was because brown had quit on the team and wasn't going to show up unless they changed his mind.

Keep trying.

It's quite entertaining watching you make things up.