REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Are the majority of posters going to just gloss over how AB flat out refused to play here? Continuing the stream of players bad mouthing the franchise and refuting the "McD is a player's coach and people will want to play for him" narrative. More big names want to go to the Browns, and I've never been more embarrassed by the Bills because of it.

Antonio Brown is also refusing to play with the Steelers.

You’re embarrassed by Brown not wanting to play here? You sound like you don’t handle real life problems all that well if something like this embarrasses you.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The Bills can only really blame themselves.

They gutted this team to "Create cap space" during that time, they helped create one of the worst offenses the NFL has ever seen.

Can you blame a star WR for not wanting to walk into this mess?

Lots of fast guys will want someone like JA slinging the ball to them.

Every fast WR loves the Go Route.

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

How are people using this to take a shot at McDermott? LOL!

Because that has been a common narrative around here as to how they were going to entice free agents. However, there seems to be a constant stream of hate coming from influential players and at some point that needs to be addressed. 

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Wow did not know that connection and I had already wanted that to happen. MB gets insane separation from what I've seen and seems more the exception to players his size. Hoping his injury makes him available in the 2nd for us. 

He's 165 lbs and has a moron in his ear.  Easy pass.

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

How are people using this to take a shot at McDermott? LOL!

I just did. How can McD preach about culture and want to bring in a guy like Brown? It basically says all the junk about process and culture is BS, which I have always thought it is.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

That's all that needs to be said. He's a quitter. 

Amazing how people can defend that. I don't care how much of an a hole Ben R is, deciding to quit on your teammates, coaches, and fans is ALWAYS ENTIRELY your decision. 

Antonio Brown is a loser. 

Um.

Two of the best players the Steelers had, quit on them.

I think there is more to this story.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

So by the transitive property you're embarrassed by the Bills.

Not at all.  Beane did his job, looked into bringing a very talented guy here.  Didn't work out, probably because Rosenhaus was involved.  So you move on.

1 minute ago, nucci said:

then what's the point of creating all this cap space?

Sign multiple younger players going into their 2nd contract. There are more than enough holes that need to be filled. Can this organization identify those players like Hyde, Poyer, etc...

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree with the latter. I'm trying not to be rude, but I wonder what's going on with the first poster to make them feel like that. Eternal optimism, it's a good thing, I'm jealous. 

Is it better he sequester himself away and be miserable and screaming into the void. This sucks, and this is going to perpetuate that whole "no one wants to come here" notion. AB is apparently a diva...who knew? But if someone wants to find the bright side, why give them a hard time?

And "more big names want to go to the Browns"?!?! Based on what? 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Because that has been a common narrative around here as to how they were going to entice free agents. However, there seems to be a constant stream of hate coming from influential players and at some point that needs to be addressed. 

A constant stream of hate from influential players?  Nonsense.  Who?  When?

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Um.

Two of the best players the Steelers had, quit on them.

I think there is more to this story.

Bell held out for money and the Steelers didn’t cave in. He didn’t quit on them, they said no thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

We badly overpaid Mario and he had no other contract in the ballpark.  Hyde was another guy we overpaid (at the time) who ended up being a gem, he had fallen off the depth chart in Green Bay.

Ay yi yi. Different standards for different players. Ok, go ahead and wallow in your pointless misery. I'm gonna go on with my day.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That's all that needs to be said. He's a quitter. 

Amazing how people can defend that. I don't care how much of an a hole Ben R is, deciding to quit on your teammates, coaches, and fans is ALWAYS ENTIRELY your decision. 

Antonio Brown is a loser. 

Guess we didnt learn our lesson from a whole 6 months ago.  Were like a walking bad meme