Bills have interest in TE Dwayne Allen; visited 3/6

https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1102713572365426690?s=21

@josinaanderson

I'm told that the #Ravens, #Bills, #Dolphins & #Lions have preliminary interest in meeting with street free agent TE Dwayne Allen, who played last season with the #patriots, per source. Allen officially was listed on the league's transaction report today.

#AndWereOff

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s a guy. The Bills have a need at TE. Allen doesn’t do anything for me but if they want a warm body, fine. He’s Lee Smith

Smith didn't do that bad for us, but pretty much mostly as a blocking TE.

Does Allen have more receiving ability than Smith did though? (He did manage to catch a couple of balls)

TBH, I don't know that much about him, which is why I'm asking.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He would really help the run game. Excellent blocker. I think he can catch, but wasn’t utilized in NE like he was in Indy. 

Just looked up his stats on wiki. He obviously does have way more pass catching ability, than Smith. I'm rather concerned that the Patsies couldn't get more out of him though.

Depending on price, you would think that the Bills and Lions would be more in the driving seat, as both of us have settled QB situations, with QBs who will throw the pigskin.

Either of us or the Lions could give him an opportunity to get back to being a true all round TE.

A more intriguing prospect than I first thought, and if we could snag him and James, we would be well set at TE for next year.

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think I'd literally have no reaction whatsoever if he's signed. He's the epitome of a "meh" player. Maybe that's a little harsh but I'd rather have a TE that can catch and block adequately over one that blocks exceptionally.

My thoughts as well. Doesn’t add anything that isn’t a dime a dozen. One trick pony TE’s do not excite me in the least. As long as he’s coming in to battle for the 3 spot I’m fine with it. He isn’t a solution as a top 2 TE.