Eggs ? how do you eat them? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack

mead107

Green Chile changed my life.  It is huge out West, with its origins in New Mexico.  

This is my ultimate hangover-beater Huevos Rancheros

Warmed flour tortilla base

Black beans mixed with 505 Green Chile

3 eggs on top (I prefer over-easy so the yolk dresses the plate)

Cover with ungodly amount of shredded mexican style cheese, melted with toaster oven broiler

Top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, guac if you like it (I don't), and Taco Bell Fire Sauce and/or Melindas Habanero Sauce

Now that's how you get the day started after a rough night :)

16 hours ago, mead107 said:

I have over easy eggs for breakfast 2-3 days a week. 

Scrambled with American cheese.

love omelets,  fetta with spinach, cheese omelet,

seafood, onions and peppers, hobos, eggs Benedict. 

Lunch - egg salad,hard boiled.  

Dinner  fried egg on a burger. Pancakes and fried eggs.  

I love eggs.  Do you? 

I'm eating breakfast with you BUT, I'm not an early riser, if I have a choice.

We have 5 chickens getting 3 per day.  These are some of my go tos.

2 eggs over easy with fresh homade toasted bread.

2 eggs over easy with fresh sliced avocado.

1 egg over easy on avocado toast and thinly sliced tomatoes with generous amount of salt and pepper.

2 or three eggs scrambled on top of sauteed onions and peppers.

2 to 3 eggs scrambled with fresh cilantro and chives.

One egg over easy on top of  a bed of refried rice, sauteed onions and chopped spicy sausage topped with Frank's wing sauce. 

Any of these served any time but usually breakfast.

Yes please! Any which way, they're just plain good. My wife on the other hand, can't stand them, and I feel sad for her loss. I soft boil them to take as a snack during the day now and then, and I also like them fried over easy or scrambled, on a sammy with cheese/mayo or salsa. I could go on, but you get it. 

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yes please! Any which way, they're just plain good. My wife on the other hand, can't stand them, and I feel sad for her loss. I soft boil them to take as a snack during the day now and then, and I also like them fried over easy or scrambled, on a sammy with cheese/mayo or salsa. I could go on, but you get it. 

Its been a while since I had a soft boiled egg.

you have to get the time just right and the toast crispy but not dried out 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Its been a while since I had a soft boiled egg.

you have to get the time just right and the toast crispy but not dried out 

Agree totally Shady...so I've found that approx. 6 minutes at a rolling boil produces a soft boil that's just right, and pretty much anything after that up to 9-10 min is a good hard boiled egg, imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

Not to change the subject (actually that's exactly what I'm doing) but I hope you know that you can get paid for this if you're keeping him at home. 

My understanding is that he would need to qualify for Medicaid, for me to be compensated.  Is that not correct?

(BTW, I don’t need the money - but I’ll certainly acccept it!)

• Like (+1) 1

Yes!

I love eggs.

I really like them poached on a Benedict, over easy with toast/on a burger, or a ham, cheese, and onion omelet with salsa.  There's a restaurant up the street that has awesome deviled eggs, with water chestnut in them to make them a little crunchy.

What I generally end up doing is making an omelet or scramble on Saturday morning with whatever leftovers I have in the fridge (chopped up) and whatever cheese is appropriate for the other ingredients over top. 

It's best if I went out for steak the night before, or if I had chili- any excuse to put sour cream on something is worth it.

Lastly (and also served at that restaurant I mentioned): bubble 'n squeak.  Holy *****.  It's an open-faced biscuit with fried chicken on-top, with a poached egg on-top of that, with sausage gravy over that. 

Last night I made an omelet with thin sliced ham and shredded Mexican cheese ... bacon and roasted spuds, pearl onions and red pepper on the side.

Pancakes with over easy eggs is great anytime.

Quiche with ham, broccoli, swiss and cheddar with a few splashes of Frank's hot sauce

Eggs Benedict is a gift from the God's

About the only thing eggs that I don't like is egg salad or any kind of cold egg.

• Like (+1) 1

I love eggs, prepared every way imaginable. Lately, I've been eating egg whites with a little shredded Parmesan cheese and chives and a dash of salt and pepper. If I'm feeling saucy, I'll throw in some crushed red pepper.

So this topic reminds me of an old, cheesy pickup line/bad joke...

Guy goes into a bar. Upon seeing an attractive woman, he proceeds to sidle up next to her and says, "So, how do you like your eggs in the morning...scrambled or fertilized?"

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I can’t even look at egg salad.  I’ll throw up.  Weird thing from childhood.  In 3rd or 4th grade we had assigned seats for lunch.  I sat directly across from this kid with giant braces who ate an egg salad sandwich, seemingly, every single day for lunch.  The egg bits dripping from his braces and flying all over the damn place ?

My wife makes it once in a while.  I can’t even smell it.

Didn’t we talk about the a few years ago?

6 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'm eating breakfast with you BUT, I'm not an early riser, if I have a choice.

Any time. 

22 hours ago, snafu said:

I just put a small pot lid over the egg in the pan. Don’t need to flip it that way.

I put a little water, a couple tablespoons, in the pan and then put the lid on. The water steams and cooks the top of the egg. It also helps to keep the bottom of the egg from getting too crispy.  I don’t like the bottom to get too crispy.  I try to get the yolk to be cooked, but soft. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, The Senator said:

My understanding is that he would need to qualify for Medicaid, for me to be compensated.  Is that not correct?

(BTW, I don’t need the money - but I’ll certainly acccept it!)

Yes that is correct. Here is the thing. Don't know how familiar you are with "the system." Have you heard of the five year look back? To qualify for in home medicaid, there is no look back. The five year look back pertains nursing homes. So, if you put your father's assets into an Irrevocable Trust today, on March 2, 2024 a nursing home won't be able to touch them and Medicaid would take over the payment to the nursing home. However, you would be able to apply for in-home medicaid tomorrow. At 90 your father will only get worse and need more help. Six years ago my father (then 95) had a stroke and overnight my parents went from "more than the sum of their parts" to, not twice the problem, but the problem squared. Talk about a life changing event. Anyways we kept them both at home. First 3 years we went through almost 100K per year on top of their pensions and SS income. Then my brother researched the in-home medicaid thing. Long story short we have broke even the past two years, plus when one of us fills in we get paid $11.50/hr. You need to start by talking to an estate attorney and put your father's assets into an irrevocable trust.