Eggs ? how do you eat them? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack

mead107

1 minute ago, snafu said:

We only have stainless steel pans.  Non stick gives you testicular cancer, I think. 

With enough butter and the right pan, I can sometimes flip the egg without a spatula.

Only if you put your balls directly into the pan.

40 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Jeez fellas.....flipping an egg isnt that hard. Just get a good non stick pan and and a flexible spatula. Use some Pam or butter. I have an approximately 95% success rate. 

Yeah, I've mastered both ways, since my wife likes em runny.

I can’t even look at egg salad.  I’ll throw up.  Weird thing from childhood.  In 3rd or 4th grade we had assigned seats for lunch.  I sat directly across from this kid with giant braces who ate an egg salad sandwich, seemingly, every single day for lunch.  The egg bits dripping from his braces and flying all over the damn place ?

My wife makes it once in a while.  I can’t even smell it.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried....

Wait a minute, what are we talking about?

A properly done Eggs Benedict is the best possible breakfast.  Was having breakfast at a nice hotel in Dallas a few years ago and they had choice of ham or salmon so I went with one of each....might have been the best Benedict I ever had.

Over easy with bacon that's just reached crispy, or scrambled (not overcooked) with the bacon mixed in and multi-grain toast (fully toasted) is also a wonderful way to start a leisurely day.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I can’t even look at egg salad.  I’ll throw up.  Weird thing from childhood.  In 3rd or 4th grade we had assigned seats for lunch.  I sat directly across from this kid with giant braces who ate an egg salad sandwich, seemingly, every single day for lunch.  The egg bits dripping from his braces and flying all over the damn place ?

My wife makes it once in a while.  I can’t even smell it.

Yet... You love a poached egg dripping with hollandaise sauce.  Go figure?

/rolling_my_eyes 

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yet... You love a poached egg dripping with hollandaise sauce.  Go figure?

/rolling_my_eyes 

You obviously don’t understand the intricacies of conditioned aversions.  Your world is so much more acidic above the shoulders....some mustard *****.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

4 eggs medium over steak several times week.....quiches....salads..scrambled, frittata, sous vide, poached in soups, shaksouka, omelettes.....I really dig eggs

You and me both. they may be my favorite protein.

• Like (+1) 1

Let me count the ways 

Breakfast in the AM    - Over Easy or scrambled 

or when breakfast is at noon (lunch)   - Over Easy or scrambled 

Or too lazy to cook a fresh meal  (leftover) Steak and eggs for dinner.    - Over Easy

Boiled Eggs when ever

Devil Eggs whenever 

and Egg Salad sandwiches  whenever 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, snafu said:

I just put a small pot lid over the egg in the pan. Don’t need to flip it that way.

Mega-props there Snafu!!  That's how my grandfather made eggs.  Put just a little water in the pan to get the steam to cook the tops of the eggs.

13 hours ago, snafu said:

I suppose it does, but I think it cooks more thoroughly, and I don't risk busting up the yolk. And yes, if you cook and don't know eggs then you don't know much. 

I had a bit of extra oil in a small saucepan once and tried "deep frying" an egg. Huge fail. I don't recommend it. 

Take some bacon grease in the pan and baste the tops.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Senator said:

My diet has changed since I recently became Dad’s caregiver, but I used to have an egg/bacon/cheese breakfast sandwich every day.  Probably explains my blood pressure.

I used to whip up a fine quiche or 6 when I’d host the 10am Bills games at my house in San Fran.

When I cooked for just myself, it was always an omelette.  Now, my Dad requires hard boiled eggs on Friday, scramble on Monday.  He’s 92, been the same routine for my mere 60 years.

I f**king crave Eggs Benedict, and a Mimosa.

Several Mimosas!

Not to change the subject (actually that's exactly what I'm doing) but I hope you know that you can get paid for this if you're keeping him at home.