Best one year wonder?

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Shaun Alexander

???? You do know what one year wonder means right? Guy is an all pro.

Nobody mentioned Eddie Lacy. Guy was great then just fizzled....

Kinda related but my gf says I'm a 30 second wonder. Not sure what she means by that.

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beat me to it.  Without question Peyton Hills is the poster child for this discussion.

Notable mentions for one year wonders I can think of:

RB - Bobby Humphrey

QB - Don Majkowski

QB - RG3

RB - Ickey Woods

QB - Our own Derek Anderson (Browns)

TE - Gary Barnridge

RB - Trent Richardson

RB - CJ Spiller

Browns seem to be the home of one hit wonders lol

Wonder if injuries had a lot to do with these guys leaving the league so quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

When he was Defensive Player of the Year, he had 17 1/2 if I recall John. The following year he had 9 1/2 unless my memory is shot, and I can't look it up right now. He tore his groin and I don't know if anyone ever came back from that.

I saw him play against us when he was on the Packers and was thrilled beyond belief when we signed him as a ufa. I think it was 3 years/7.6 million LOL! The man was just great!!!!   Bruce Smith was happy when Paup was named DPOY and said he deserved it.

He tore his groin. The man was absolutely great. He was as strong as an ox and used his long arms as well as anybody. His sacks caused injury and pain. I don't think that he was very friendly lol.

Talk about fortunate circumstances... The guy went from playing with Reggie White to playing with Bruce. It’s not often that you see a 4x probowler spend most of his career being the second best pass rusher on his team. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Talk about fortunate circumstances... The guy went from playing with Reggie White to playing with Bruce. It’s not often that you see a 4x probowler spend most of his career being the second best pass rusher on his team. 

True, but he was an excellent player. I was lucky enough to see him play at RWS. He had very long arms and used them perfectly as leverage. Bryce was also a nasty player. I'm not so sure of how some of his hits would go over in todays NFL.

In one game many, many years ago I saw the Bills sack Harbaugh 6 times. Bryce and Hansen were hitting him so hard I was afraid they were going to kill him and he kept getting up. Say what you want wrt Harbaugh but he is one of the toughest guys I ever saw in any sport.

Others on this board were at that game.

I always thought that NE RB Robert Edwards was on his way to greatness before he suffered a nearly crippling injury playing volleyball.

He kicked ass in his rookie season and sat out for years. He wound up in the CFL. He is another player who I thought had HOF potential if he stayed healthy.

Anyone remember Michael Clayton in Tampa bay. I do because I drafted him early in FF after he went 80 and 1100 his rookie season...

dude never got more than 480 in a season after that. 

Also those spiller highlights in the front page are insane. I guess had forgotten his 2012 year. I remembered it being very good but it was just absurd!  I just can’t get my head around how somebody could make professionals look so silly for one whole season like that and then never really make any sort of impact on a team again. It’s just crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

I don’t know about being a bust after only one good year, but how ‘bout after only one good game...

Rob Johnson

(Unfortunately, that game was with the Jags.)

Damn I went through 4 pages and looks like I finally found someone that beat me to the Rob Johnson punch.

So, I'll add Scott Mitchell, who started 7 games in replacement of Marino in 93 and parlayed that into a nice free agent contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Damn I went through 4 pages and looks like I finally found someone that beat me to the Rob Johnson punch.

So, I'll add Scott Mitchell, who started 7 games in replacement of Marino in 93 and parlayed that into a nice free agent contract. 

Great choice!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, T master said:

Dude had some wheels i love the long runs where he just pulls away from the defenders that was one hell of a year he had here to bad it was only one he was a great person & a really good team mate !! Too bad he was a 1 & done player ...

One of the funniest threads ever on this board was the "CJ Spiller Countdown to 2000 Yards" thread.