Bills sign C Spencer Long to 3 year deal

One Buffalo

24 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think you must have a limited imagination.   

Murphy's on the team because of his heart.   He's a role model of how to practice and play.  When they have other similar role models on the dline, then Murphy is expendable.   I don't think Hughes is that role model.   Star is, and Murphy.  Not Lawson, not the Phillips. 

I fully expect to see Murphy in a Bills uniform for another season.  

I honestly dont know about this

He is carrying a large cap number

Lots of edges on the market this year

If Murphy was 100 percent healthy and performing like he was 3 years ago?   Sign me up.......but you gotta way the $$$ along with all of it.

Comes down to how Bodine recovers from his injury.  I felt like he was serviceable and noticeably better than Groy.  I could also see Buffalo drafting a center with a trade down or on day 3.  Long at worst is an upgrade at RG. That's about as much as one could ask for 2 weeks before the combine.  I think Buffalo still needs another interior lineman and a OT.  Long imo allows them to target a guy at Center or Guard instead of needing both or one instead of the other.  Basically, figure out who the best fit and player is and go after them regardless of position.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Lol, good luck with that

Its probably more like our new guard.

Playing for the stench that was the jets probably brought him down a bit as he was a solid guard for the skins.......so we will have to try to make him forget he ever put on that horrid green uniform.

Have a nice day :)

I hope the Bills are eyeing him for guard over C. It's good to have versatility with your interior lineman. Hope he works out, sounds like a pretty friendly deal.

As he can play both C or G, I doubt this changes our plans to go after anybody that we were originally targeting at either of those positions, FA or Draft. If we sign/draft a C, he'll play guard, if we sign Paradis, he'll play guard, if we sign/draft a G, he'll likely play C. Bills need 2 guards though, Teller is not the answer some people made him out to be after the Jets game

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

wasn't Bodine a vet ? Mills Ducasse ?

Just not leaders perhaps .

Mills was the only one who had been a regular starter somewhere.   And they were signed when the Bills were in cap hell.  

I really think this year is the first year where we get to see completely what kind of players McBeane want.  Last year was the first draft; this is the first year of free agency.  

53 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Mills was the only one who had been a regular starter somewhere.   And they were signed when the Bills were in cap hell.  

I really think this year is the first year where we get to see completely what kind of players McBeane want.  Last year was the first draft; this is the first year of free agency.  

agreed : )

this year is the defining of McBeanes motif  or MO. fun stuff for sure  !