Dolphins Plan to Tank

20 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Since you seem to be at a loss of words ....  ;) ;) B-)

Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day, hey hey

I love the Electric Light Orchestra nostalgia 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, H2o said:

A first year coach can't afford to tank these days. Look at Wilks in AZ. He just inherited a bad team overall and got the axe after 1 season. 

There's truth in that, though I wonder if MIA will have lower expectations than AZ. AZ went 7-8-1 the previous year and spent money on Bradford (terrible in hindsight). While they may have had lower-end talent I don't know if they expected to perform as terribly as they did.

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Since you seem to be at a loss of words ....  ;) ;) B-)

Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day, hey hey

I love the Electric Light Orchestra nostalgia 

I fixed my post.Also...good find on ELO! Most people think I'm  native american..

Edited by Misterbluesky

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

So what you're saying is that hes basically still a rookie?

Tannehill always seemed to get confused when the first read wasn't there.  Throw in a defense he's not expecting and he is an interception waiting to happen.  With the talent they put around him, he should have been better.  So ya, he's a 6 year rookie.  

4 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Tannehill always seemed to get confused when the first read wasn't there.  Throw in a defense he's not expecting and he is an interception waiting to happen.  With the talent they put around him, he should have been better.  So ya, he's a 6 year rookie.  

I was making a joke about the old argument that used to get tossed around here that Tyrod was basically "still a rookie" 7 years into his NFL career since he had sat the bench for 5 years and started for 2. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I was making a joke about the old argument that used to get tossed around here that Tyrod was basically "still a rookie" 7 years into his NFL career since he had sat the bench for 5 years and started for 2. 

Some players will always be rookies, no matter how long they play.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I thought they were tanking the last two years when Gase let emotional decisions decide how he coached a football team.  

Cutler, trading Landry, cutting Suh, signing Frank Gore and using him over Kenyan Drake.

Not sure who wants to tank worse the Dolphins or the team who just signed up for three years of Space Case Gase.

.....pretty much a natural occurrence.......effortless............

On 1/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, mannc said:

How about the Bills against the Jets in the last game of the season, after they fired Rex, and started EJ?? A very effective mini-tank that put them in position to pass on Pat Mahomes.

I am sure you have heard reasons before and completely do not understand them hence not worth wasting time to try again.

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am sure you have heard reasons before and completely do not understand them hence not worth wasting time to try again.

Relax.  I’m a big Josh Allen fan.  But let’s not pretend the trade was a good idea, and please don’t say it wasn’t the right time to draft a franchise QB.

Well if you know your team is going to suck regardless, why not say it is all part of a "plan".

Now if Lawrence was up for grabs next year, then the Phins tanking all the way would make sense. Providing he stays in one piece at Clemson, once that kid is eligible he is the kind of QB that I think more than a few NFL teams are going to try to out-tank each other to get.

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Oh yes you can

Truthful hyperbole.? But Tanny does suck. I get a little nervous against the Fish when he's out. He played his best game against us in Miami this season, but mostly just trash.

Edited by LSHMEAB

No team ever plans to tank. People lose jobs and negotiating leverage when they do. That said, I'm sure the Pegulas were willing to give Beane and McDermott a pass on 2018 while we "took our medicine".

Edited by GreggTX

On 1/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, WideNine said:

Well if you know your team is going to suck regardless, why not say it is all part of a "plan".

Now if Lawrence was up for grabs next year, then the Phins tanking all the way would make sense. Providing he stays in one piece at Clemson, once that kid is eligible he is the kind of QB that I think more than a few NFL teams are going to try to out-tank each other to get.

just cracked me up.
 Competitive tanking for QBs.

lol with  out- tank       love it !

21 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Oh yes you can

Bills fans would know .  amirite : )

much much worse

20 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Truthful hyperbole.? But Tanny does suck. I get a little nervous against the Fish when he's out. He played his best game against us in Miami this season, but mostly just trash.

but they have failed to gather his heir. Miami put too many chips in on Ryans success 

they are kinda screwed