The 'Most Likely To' New HC Game

GunnerBill

So it appears that Zac Taylor will take the Benglas job right after the Superbowl completing the NFL HC hiring season. So for a recap:

Browns - Freddie Kitchens

Bengals - Zac Taylor

Jets - Adam Gase

Dolphins - Brian Flores

Broncos - Vic Fangio

Cardinals - Kliff Kingsbury

Buccaneers - Bruce Arians

Packers - Matt LeFleur

In the quiet weekend before Superbowl week I thought we could play a fun game of "Most Likely To" among these hires. Rules are simple..... decide which of the new HCs best suits each statement. Treat it as seriously or as irreverently as you desire!

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1:

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach:

Make the playoffs his first year:

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years:

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired:

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future:

* for these purposes the incumbent starting QBs are: Mayfield, Dalton, Darnold, Tannehill, Keenum, Rosen, Winston, Rodgers

I'll try and get the ball rolling:

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Brian Flores

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Adam Gase

Make the playoffs his first year: Freddie Kitchens

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: Zac Taylor

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: Matt LeFleur

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: Zac Taylor

Most likely to pimp slap Jamies Winston, Bruce Arians.

Most likely to start a new QB in year one is Kliff.

Be one and done, Zac Taylor. That Bengals team is a mess and although I think Kliff will be a major failure the Birds won’t fire another coach after one season. 

Playoffs- Kitchens, all the talent is there and he already has a relationship with Mayfield.

COTY, Kitchens, see above.

SB, I will take Lefleur. Great QB who will stop pouting now that he got his way. None of the other coaches have that.

Bills Coach, Vic Fangio as DC in a few years. 

I like you’re take Gunner, but would only change the playoff coach to Arians. They have one of the most potent offenses, healthy in cap space and some talent up front need an overall on the back end.

i actually think McD will be here for quite some time and after free agency and draft will make some serious improvements in offense.

Good call Gunner.

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I like you’re take Gunner, but would only change the playoff coach to Arians. They have one of the most potent offenses, healthy in cap space and some talent up front need an overall on the back end.

i actually think McD will be here for quite some time and after free agency and draft will make some serious improvements in offense.

Good call Gunner.

So do I. It's why I went for Taylor because he is young and might still be coaching in a few years time if our vacancy doesn't come up for a while.

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Flores

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Flores

Make the playoffs his first year: Kitchens

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: Kitchens

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: Kitchens

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: None of these

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

So it appears that Zac Taylor will take the Benglas job right after the Superbowl completing the NFL HC hiring season. So for a recap:

Bengals - Zac Taylor

Jets - Adam Gase

Dolphins - Brian Flores

Broncos - Vic Fangio

Packers - Matt LeFleur

In the quiet weekend before Superbowl week I thought we could play a fun game of "Most Likely To" among these hires. Rules are simple..... decide which of the new HCs best suits each statement. Treat it as seriously or as irreverently as you desire!

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Fangio

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Flores

Make the playoffs his first year: Kitchens

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: Kitchens

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: Kitchens

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: LeFleur

* for these purposes the incumbent starting QBs are: Mayfield, Dalton, Darnold, Tannehill, Keenum, Rosen, Winston, Rodgers

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Zac Taylor

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Matt LeFleur

Make the playoffs his first year: Bruce Arians - GO HOKIES

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: Kliff Kingsbury

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: Bruce Arians

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: Kliff Kingsbury

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1:  Flores. Runner-up, Zac Taylor. If I'm a fan of either of these teams I'm ready to try again in the draft.

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach:  Adam Gase

Make the playoffs his first year:  Bruce Arians. He has a chance to hit the ground running with a nice coaching staff there with Bowles as DC and an offense that scored points this year. Kitchens makes sense here too but hey, it's still the Browns.

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years:  Bruce Arians. I think he's a good coach 

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired:  I'll say LaFleur here. To me it was McCarthy's ancient offensive system that's been holding GB back. With Rodgers, will Hackett show more creativity and variance than he has with EJ/Orton/Bortles? They will at least be committed to the run now. Did Marrone have something to do with keeping those offenses simple? Hackett had some early success with Orton before the offense faded down the stretch and I believe he did somehow have the #6 scoring offense last year with Bortles. I think Rodgers is still the best QB on the planet and love Pettine coaching the D.

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future:  Flores, of course! Grab your partner, it's the AFC East tango!

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Flores in Miami

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Adam Gase in NY. The guy was lost in Miami, looked lost in his introductory press conference, and is now in the NY spotlight.

Make the playoffs his first year: Bruce Arians in Tampa. Bringing in Bowles was huge. I expect them to take a big step forward in 2019 all the way around. 

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: Bruce Arians in Tampa. If Tampa makes the playoffs like expect then Arians gets the credit. 

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: Matt LeFleur in Green Bay. Any time Aaron Rodgers is QB, if they get the defense squared away, your chances are good.

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: None of the above. McDermott will end up being our Tom Landry/Chuck Knoll

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'll try and get the ball rolling:

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Brian Flores

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Adam Gase

Make the playoffs his first year: Freddie Kitchens

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: Zac Taylor

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: Matt LeFleur

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: Zac Taylor

the guy that is most likely going to win COTY in his first 3 years is most likely going to the Bills in the future?

26 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the guy that is most likely going to win COTY in his first 3 years is most likely going to the Bills in the future?

As I said above picked him because he is young and I don't think we are going to have a vacancy any time soon. He could easily have a 6 year run for example in Cincy and still be young enough to coach the Bills in the future.

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1:  Brian Flores - Dolphins

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach:  Kliff Kingsbury - Arizona (he's making the jump from college to the pros and brings a college mentality to the offense.  Chip Kelly was the last one to try that, with mixed results.  Having seen it before in Kelly, opposing defensive coordinators may adjust to it far more quickly this time around.  Add to that the fact that Arizona has a young QB who just might be better suited to an old fashioned West Coast offense, and Arizona may be setting itself up for a disaster.)

Make the playoffs his first year:  Freddie Kitchens - Cleveland (Cleveland is loaded with young talent, many of whom are players entering their third or fourth season.  They have a potential franchise QB in Mayfield, and started to get a lot better in 2018 versus previous years.  Next year could be the year they get over the hump.)

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years:  Matt LeFleur - Aaron Rodgers has a head coach and an offense he likes.  The Packers still have a lot of talent.  He could have a nice enough season to grab coach of the year honors next year.   If he doesn't do it next season, it gets progressivly more difficult as Rodgers ages.

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired:  Bruce Arians -  Tampa Bay (An old QB whisperer rekindles the magic with talented problem child Jameis Winston)

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future:  This is a tough one since Sean McDermott is going to make the process work and be a fixture in Buffalo for the next 20 years, winning multiple Super Bowls.  That rules out older guys like Arians and Fangio.  From Arizona, I think Kingsbury will head back to college.  Peguloa won't want to have to make eye contact with Adam "Evil Eyes" Gase, so he's out.  I'll go with Zac Taylor, but I don't have a compelling reason.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Bengals - Zac Taylor

Jets - Adam Gase

Dolphins - Brian Flores

Broncos - Vic Fangio

Packers - Matt LeFleur

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1:  BRIAN FLORES

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach:  KLIFF KLINGSBURY

Make the playoffs his first year:  MATT LEFLEUR

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years:  FREDDIE KITCHENS - has best overall roster of all the coaches.

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired:  FREDDIE KITCHENS - has best overall roster of all the coaches.

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future:  NONE.  MCD WILL BE HERE A WHILE

Honestly, didn't like the final question was necessary although I answered it.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Most likely to.....

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Vic Fangio

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Kliff Kingsbury

Make the playoffs his first year: Matt LeFleur

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: Adam Gase

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: Freddie Kitchens

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: All of these guys will be done as Head Coach in the NFL before McDermott retires from being head coach of the Bills many, many years from now.

Start someone other than his incumbent starting Quarterback* week 1: Zac Taylor and Brian Flores. Tanny will be in Cincy. Dalton to Washington.

Be a 'one and done' Head Coach: Kitchens. Good guy, just reeks of a McAdoo/Koettet hire.

Make the playoffs his first year: Fangio. The defense can lead the way as long as Lindsey comes back healthy.

Win NFL Coach of the Year at some point in his first 3 years: LaFluer. He's got Rodgers...hes got a shot.

Win a Superbowl in the job to which he has just been hired: LaFluer. Same as above.

Become Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills at some point in the future: Taylor. He's young. Lots of time,to make rounds.

I think Bruce Arians will be a one and done.  He'll figure out the humidity and heat in Tampa Bay sucks and that he (and his body) don't have the desire it takes to be an NFL head coach anymore. 

I think Adam Gase will be a one and done.  He's Rex Ryan redux.  A guy who refuses to admit he needs to step back and evaluate what went wrong.  Instead he'll just keep doing it wrong for a different team.   

I think Matt LeFleur will be a one and done.  I see a mediocre season ahead and the Packers falling in love with a bigger, better name next offseason.  Plus, the Packers will tire of the endless Dodgeball The Movie memes. 

Edited by dpberr