Josh Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer with McDermott's blessing

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

We could have had Frank Reich! :o

We're supposed to get all excited becuz Josh is working with a former marginal pro/college QB.

Josh doesn't need a teacher.  He needs a coach.

So coaches don't teach.  Brilliant analysis there.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Good! Keep him working hard!

i wouldn’t mind Jackson in the 5th-6th round if he’s there...

I would really like that pick.  If we are going to tailor the offense around Josh, I think a mobile backup with a big arm would be a very sound investment.

I'm sure Palmer is doing very well for himself acting independently, but I kind of wish we would just make him a godfather offer to be the QB coach exclusively with Josh.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

We're supposed to get all excited becuz Josh is working with a former marginal pro/college QB.

So how do you explain his improvements since Anderson got on board? He's the epitome of marginal. Quite often the marginal guys make the best teachers because they were longtime backups and spent more time working on film or imitating the opposing QB in practice 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I would really like that pick.  If we are going to tailor the offense around Josh, I think a mobile backup with a big arm would be a very sound investment.

I'm sure Palmer is doing very well for himself acting independently, but I kind of wish we would just make him a godfather offer to be the QB coach exclusively with Josh.

Part of me agrees, completely!

Another part of me thinks that having Palmer work with Allen outside of the allotted timeframe provided by the CBA is incredibly more valuable. Just take a look at how restrictive the CBA really is:

https://www.nflpa.com/active-players/off-season-rules

Any extra, McCoach-approved tutelage under a well-respected guide like Palmer is icing, baby; pure icing. And it circumvents the CBA, legally. 

• Like (+1) 3

Reich as HC?  Because he would have been working with QB's?  And he's developed...who?

And Palmer is a coach.  Even better, he's a coach who can work with Josh 24/7/52.  Unlike NFL-employed coaches who can only have limited contact with players.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

JA is working out..

Meanwhile Mahomes is Mahoming 

Mahomes is...Mahome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buddo said:

It can easily be argued that Frank is a marginal pro/college QB. (I'm not about to, but you get my drift).

Why do people not get that this is a 'win, win' situation for the Bills. CBA rules simply don't allow players to get the amount of reps/practises they need, to hone their craft. Allen working with Palmer, is an opportunity for him to do so, that doesn't contravene the CBA.

Great take, Rook.  Great take indeed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Part of me agrees, completely!

Another part of me thinks that having Palmer work with Allen outside of the allotted timeframe provided by the CBA is incredibly more valuable. Just take a look at how restrictive the CBA really is:

https://www.nflpa.com/active-players/off-season-rules

Any extra, McCoach-approved tutelage under a well-respected guide like Palmer is icing, baby; pure icing. And it circumvents the CBA, legally. 

Plus McD indicated in the article that they will make sure Palmer is familiar with the terminology/concepts they want JA to continue to work on--what's not to like about this, right?

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks for posting Transplant. Good to see JA grabbing the offseason by the proverbial horns and not taking an extended vacay somewhere waiting around for minicamp to call. He just flat out makes it easy to like him as the face of our franchise going forward. 

I know, right Huddsy?

This is honestly what I wanted to at least hear about this off season.  I loved seeing Josh at a Sabres game...especially a game that was more than a week after the Bills' season ended.  He was in town for a reason and it wasn't hockey.

The Bills' season ended.  His didn't.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know, right Huddsy?

This is honestly what I wanted to at least hear about this off season.  I loved seeing Josh at a Sabres game...especially a game that was more than a week after the Bills' season ended.  He was in town for a reason and it wasn't hockey.

The Bills' season ended.  His didn't.

I think that goes towards maturity and an understanding that he's just started scaling the mountain, and has earned nothing yet besides the right to become even more scrutinized this coming season. The Bills have to translate the growing pains of 2018 into additional W's in 2019, we all know that. But I feel like the foundation is being properly laid. How do you rank your feelings comparatively about the upcoming season with any since the start the turn of the century? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

and McDermott is not only aware of it, he's good with it (some weird typos in this quote):

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/22/josh-allen-offseason-plans-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott/amp/#click=https://t.co/Pvc3Fkqp3O

“We respect and trust what Jordan (Palmer) does out there. And certainly… understand Josh’s relationship and trust with Jordan, I think that relationship is a good one,” McDermott said.

“I think it’s important that (players) work with the right people,” McDermott added. “We’ll be in tough with Jordan and make sure we’ll in sync with stuff as much as possible in terms of terminology, technique, things that we feel like he’ll need to work on. Josh already went out there equipped with much of that when he left Buffalo.”

It seemed like Allen took steps between the Wyoming season and the Sr Bowl/regular season so hopefully it will continue to help!  The only thing I would like better would be the news if he had some of our WR with him, Foster and Zay.

• Like (+1) 5