Josh throws the ball out of the stadium. Do you think it happens ever?

ILBillsfan

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

http://buffalobills.io-media.com/web/index.html

From the wall to the end of the stadium, in the endzone, looks to be approximately 55-60 yards.....then, add the height to it.

Impossible.

I think he has a slight chance if wind is strong in direction needed and he throws a perfect spiral running towards the wall.

There is a gap between the M&T bank club and the Wall of Fame(Jim Richter). On that end after he scored he was very near the wall and when he cocked his arm it appeared he was aiming for that gap. Same gap on other side. Both gaps on that S end zone seem lower than the gaps on N end zone.

Man if he could do it the sports headlines would be epic.........

Edited by cba fan

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

Beast says Kelly threw one up into the stands and it went maybe two thirds of the way up the lower bowl.

If I remember the clip I dont think Kelly really looked like he was trying to chuck it out of the stadium. I think it was a celebratory toss.

It's apples to oranges, and I'm really not sure if Allen could do it. But if I remember the game Kelly did it, he wound up but it wasn't an attempt to get it out the stadium. 

If Josh throws the ball and its speed hits 88 mph, it might disappear altogether and appear back in 1955 and land in the empty field where the Ralph has yet to be built...

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If Josh throws the ball and its speed hits 88 mph, it might disappear altogether and appear back in 1955 and land in the empty field where the Ralph has yet to be built...

I’d sooner he concentrate on getting better and winning 11 games in a season during his career

• Thank you (+1) 1

Good piece from Buffalo Rumblings on the likelihood including math involved.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/1/4/18168852/could-josh-allen-throw-a-football-out-of-new-era-field-lets-find-out

Author mistakenly thought Josh was in scoreboard end not the tunnel end last SUN.  

i think he has to try tunnel end in the spaces between the suites and admin bldg - less wind issues 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/1/4/18168852/could-josh-allen-throw-a-football-out-of-new-era-field-lets-find-out

Author mistakenly thought Josh was in scoreboard end not the tunnel end last SUN.  

i think he has to try tunnel end in the spaces between the suites and admin bldg - less wind issues 

that article was posted at 10:41 last night. a good bit of the information contained within sure looks like it was derived straight from this thread. good article all the same.

Edited by Foxx

19 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well according to wiki, the field is 50ft below ground level and the top of the upper deck is 60ft above.  So being 110ft to get it over the 300 sections and probably around 75-80ft around the end zones (not accounting for the jumbotron and suites).

That being said I'm sure he could do it and want to see it.

Also I'd be curious if he did if it would circumvent the 6k fine for throwing the football into the stands since he would technically be throwing it over the stands and out of the stadium.

And if he did it during the game would he get an intentional grounding or unsportsman behavior penalty.

12 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Go to 1:59:10 of this video and continue to watch  until the end and it may give some an idea just how impossible the task would be. Kelly throws multiple balls up into the stands but it will give you a bit of an idea.

that game was so cold.... you needed a cozie on your beer to prevent it from freezing.

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Thanks for sharing, that was fun to read.  And this type of conversation is part of what has made Josh such a great fit here.    I think the odd's are iffy that he can do it, but I love that he thinks about it and that we are having this conversation.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

Something a young man thinks about, then after a few seasons he starts thinking how quick he can get back to the locker room and encase himself in ice

Haha cue that interview with Steve Smith and 'Zo:

"Most young guys, you goin' to Chipotle, McDonalds, Jack in the Crack.....they don't have to (take extra measures to take care of their bodies) because they young.  They roll out of bed and do it.  We roll out of bed and go 'no, uhh uhh. I didn't even work that muscle yesterday. Uh, I need that dry needle (acupuncture)"

I hope Josh Allen listens to someone like 'Zo before he goes the Roethlisberger route. 

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Now this author is a lad (or lass) after my own heart.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

that article was posted at 10:41 last night. a good bit of the information contained within sure looks like it was derived straight from this thread. good article all the same.

Great article that summed up the thread they should of mentioned all of us here in this thread to give credit ??

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Great article that summed up the thread they should of mentioned all of us here in this thread to give credit ??

One thing to note, he is measuring out of the stadium.  To make it over the seats and on top of the building is only 155ft compared to his 198ft to clear the building. 

Edited by The Wiz