4. Levi Wallace - 83.5

5. Shaq Lawson - 76.4

The bottom 5 graded on defense (minimum 200 snaps) are:

5. Star Lotulelei - 59.9

4. Trent Murphy - 58.1

2=. Tremaine Edmunds - 57.4

2=. Eddie Yarbrough - 57.4

1. Jordan Phillips - 52.0

Ehhhhh.  I am a huge Edmunds guy.  I think he has played really well, I think he should stay a MLB, and I think he will be a cornerstone of our defense.  

All that being said, this award is for stat counters.  NE was not a good game, but he still got 11 tackles.  It doesn't matter if the tackles were 5 yards past the LOS, he still gets credit for the tackle.  So on the stat sheet it looks great.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane’s first rookie class looking prettay, prettay, prettay good at the end of the season 

Even though you are tremendous I honestly thought I just plain up-vote you too much every day, so I shall pause.

...and then you give a curb your enthusiasm response and the flood gates open back up! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He is not a thumper but in today's NFL you wouldn't want him to be.  He is so young, when he becomes physically mature POA will not be an issue.  Proper technique and a professional offseason you will see a leap in his play.  He is only 20.  

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Ehhhhh.  I am a huge Edmunds guy.  I think he has played really well, I think he should stay a MLB, and I think he will be a cornerstone of our defense.  

All that being said, this award is for stat counters.  NE was not a good game, but he still got 11 tackles.  It doesn't matter if the tackles were 5 yards past the LOS, he still gets credit for the tackle.  So on the stat sheet it looks great.  

The entire team - both three sides of the ball - was owned by New England for 60 complete minutes.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Babich is a legend. If he believes in Tremaine, I don't question it. He was ecstatic when we landed Tremaine. I think he knows more than a few message baord guys reading PFF. He's developed some great players...not just Urlacher. Great coach. 

the development of Milanio from last year when he was good to this year when he was great was amazing.  Can't wait to see Termaine in year 2.   I'd also get a young guy for when Lorax eventually retires.  Let Babich coach him up also!

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I'm also a big Edmunds fan.  The NE game was awful, although the entire defense was awful against the run.   I put more stock in PFF, and their year grad is not fantastic on Edmunds.  That said, I think he played very well for a 20 year old rookie MLB.  

In terms of keeping him at MLB or not, it really depends on who is available in the draft (White?) or FA.   If a bona-fide solid MLB is available, perhaps Edmunds will be even more imposing at OLB.   Can he play MLB, I think he can.  Is it the best spot for him, I have no idea. 

Good rookie year though. 

Ohhh nice! I take it. It is not a DROY but it is nice for him to get recon. 

I still wish he played with a little more fire in him so he could hit and destroy some RBs, but so far I like what he has done. 

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Don't worry they will. Love to see McB make a run at Barr.

....It was sarcasm.

He's not moving. 

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm also a big Edmunds fan.  The NE game was awful, although the entire defense was awful against the run.   I put more stock in PFF, and their year grad is not fantastic on Edmunds.  That said, I think he played very well for a 20 year old rookie MLB.  

In terms of keeping him at MLB or not, it really depends on who is available in the draft (White?) or FA.   If a bona-fide solid MLB is available, perhaps Edmunds will be even more imposing at OLB.   Can he play MLB, I think he can.  Is it the best spot for him, I have no idea. 

Good rookie year though. 

I just don't get why anyone thinks the "move to OLB" thing has merit whatsoever. 

First of all, they didn't spend his rookie season letting him QB the defense from the Mike position just to switch him in year two and have to start from scratch at a new position.

Secondly, if you move Edmunds to weakside LB, you're bumping Milano out of a job, and that doesn't make any sense because Milano is a playmaker. You're not going to put Edmunds at the strong side linebacker position because that's only a part time player in this defense. He'd be coming off the field for 79% of the snaps (based on how much the Bills were in base defense in 2018).

So is it that people want Edmunds to bump the talented Milano out of the lineup, or that they want Edmunds on the bench 79% of the time? 

Either way, it's ludicrous. He's our long term ILB, Period.

All of that being said, I DO believe there's merit to finding a 3rd down pass-rushing sub-package role for Edmunds in year 2. He showed excellent pass rushing efficiency.

Edited by Logic

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Good rookie year though. 

I hate PFF.  I simply cannot understand how they can grade players without the All-22.  That said, he played like a rookie.  He had bad games and good games.  Exactly what you would hope. 

Here is the thing that gets missed, we played in a base defense 20% of the time (the NFL as a whole was like 13%).  Modern defenses do not need two OLBs.  

We are set at LB this year and probably next, depending on Edmunds trajectory.