Alabama vs Clemson who ya got?

Bfanlc

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m thinking the same thing. I wish that I had the balls to be the ML here. I thought it would be a close game so I went with the points. In hindsight i would have made small bets on adjusted spreads and tried to hit home runs.

I took Georgia +12 but teased the money line and I think I was gunshy about doing it again

What an impressive display of dominance by the Clemson Tigers. Alabama didn’t score since the 2nd quarter. Two INTs, 3 stops on 4th down in the red zone . About the only thing the Clemson D couldn’t manage to do was fall on one of the 4 fumbles. Trevor Lawrence and Ross were amazing. Score a huge win for the good guys !  Bravo !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seeing Clemson dominate Alabama the way they did makes me feel not as bad about how they whooped up on my Irish. Book hits a couple of open guys for TD's he could have had and doesn't turn the ball over then it would have been a closer game. Clemson still would have won though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Now that was something!  The way the game started, even with the pick-6, it appeared that Tua and the Bama offense were going to have their way all night.  What a turnaround!

Gotta love that Lawrence kid.  Looks like he has a very bright future.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Alright everyone, I’m going to bed. Can’t wait for Trevor Lawrence vs. Justin Fields for the National Championship In New Orleans next year!!

Come within 28 points to Iowa or Purdue and it just might happen.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Alabama and Georgia, the two teams that competed for the alleged greatest SEC championship game ever, got run off the damn field this postseason. Gotta make sure you get as many SEC teams in as possible though. It just means more.

They should have replaced Bama with Purdue?

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d still take their talent. That’s hyperbole though the hypothetical spread was 28.5 I think. Only idiots were talking about the score straight up. That’s wasn’t the conversation. It was 28.5

They barely covered 28.5 tonight versus a college team lol 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

A damn fine college team mind you. 

Trevor Lawrence and Justyn Ross are true freshman and played like that. Wow. 

Dabo has done one hell of a job with Clemson. They are going to be hard to beat the next two years. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A damn fine college team mind you. 

Trevor Lawrence and Justyn Ross are true freshman and played like that. Wow. 

Dabo has done one hell of a job with Clemson. They are going to be hard to beat the next two years. 

I just think that people that don’t watch a lot of college football don’t realize how good the top few teams are now. They are closer to pro teams than at any time in history. The coaching is elite. They get the top players from all over the country (which wasn’t the case 5 or 10 years ago). Recruiting was regional with a couple of exceptions. Alabama would have never had a QB from Hawaii, a LT and RB from California, etc... Recruiting has changed. The top teams no longer have 4 or 5 pros as people like to argue. They have 10+ guys that will be first rounders and 30 pros. So while you can say, “an NFL team has 53” they certainly don’t have the top end talent. That gets redistributed at the next level. That doesn’t happen in college it gets hoarded.  Robert Foster would have been the 4th or 5th passing option at Alabama if he had another year. 8 months later he was our first option.

If anything, the lesson should be to focus your attention on big time recruits. Much like the way that technology and information have lowered the percentage of draft busts, the same has happened in recruiting. These recruiting services are much closer to right than ever. The top guys go to the top schools. Their production may be spread out because of all of the other top guys there. To stick with the Foster example, he was a 5 star recruit but a backup at Bama. He wasn’t a backup because he was bad, there was just other elite talent. You may find more productive guys that played at Arizona but that’s a function of opportunity and not talent. If you follow recruiting you’ll see the massive gap between the top programs and everyone else. 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

elliott2.jpg

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I took Georgia +12 but teased the money line and I think I was gunshy about doing it again

Yeah, I pounded Georgia. I had them -13, -12, -6 and -6.5. I had them straight, in parlays and teasers. I had like 6 different open bets all tied to UGA (which is really dumb by the way) and lost them all. I should have hedges with a UT ML bet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

You missed the point entirely. The SEC has been so lapped up by ESPN that they yapped and yapped that 2-loss UGA should have gotten in because they... lost to Bama and it was close so that meant they were the only ones who could really compete with Bama. Meanwhile they both got waxed by the Big 12 and ACC champs. Of course Bama should have been in the playoff. When UGA narrowly lost to Bama, to me it didn’t show that UGA was that great, but rather that Bama wasn’t as good as i thought and I predicted Clemson would win it all.  It was the UGA narrative that was hilarious. It was clearly Oklahoma’s spot. What the heck does Purdue have to do with anything? Not everything has to be about Ohio state, in fact I’ve consistently stated that I didn’t think they would or should make the playoff this year....

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just think that people that don’t watch a lot of college football don’t realize how good the top few teams are now. They are closer to pro teams than at any time in history. The coaching is elite. They get the top players from all over the country (which wasn’t the case 5 or 10 years ago). Recruiting was regional with a couple of exceptions. Alabama would have never had a QB from Hawaii, a LT and RB from California, etc... Recruiting has changed. The top teams no longer have 4 or 5 pros as people like to argue. They have 10+ guys that will be first rounders and 30 pros. So while you can say, “an NFL team has 53” they certainly don’t have the top end talent. That gets redistributed at the next level. That doesn’t happen in college it gets hoarded.  Robert Foster would have been the 4th or 5th passing option at Alabama if he had another year. 8 months later he was our first option.

If anything, the lesson should be to focus your attention on big time recruits. Much like the way that technology and information have lowered the percentage of draft busts, the same has happened in recruiting. These recruiting services are much closer to right than ever. The top guys go to the top schools. Their production may be spread out because of all of the other top guys there. To stick with the Foster example, he was a 5 star recruit but a backup at Bama. He wasn’t a backup because he was bad, there was just other elite talent. You may find more productive guys that played at Arizona but that’s a function of opportunity and not talent. If you follow recruiting you’ll see the massive gap between the top programs and everyone else..

I put the over/under for the 44 starters last night being in the NFL in 5 years time at 35. That was a game of two absolutely stacked rosters. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If anything, the lesson should be to focus your attention on big time recruits. Much like the way that technology and information have lowered the percentage of draft busts, the same has happened in recruiting. These recruiting services are much closer to right than ever. The top guys go to the top schools. Their production may be spread out because of all of the other top guys there. To stick with the Foster example, he was a 5 star recruit but a backup at Bama. He wasn’t a backup because he was bad, there was just other elite talent. You may find more productive guys that played at Arizona but that’s a function of opportunity and not talent. If you follow recruiting you’ll see the massive gap between the top programs and everyone else. 

elliott2.jpg

Yeah, I pounded Georgia. I had them -13, -12, -6 and -6.5. I had them straight, in parlays and teasers. I had like 6 different open bets all tied to UGA (which is really dumb by the way) and lost them all. I should have hedges with a UT ML bet.

The coaching was elite except that baffling fake FG.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.