Alabama vs Clemson who ya got?

Bfanlc

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Sick of them both and would like to see some fresh competition

But Alabama wins easy

Guess a lot of people are like you, me included. Almost zero interest in the game. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/title-game-ticket-prices-plummeting-90-percent-college-football-worried-214530894.html

Edited by plenzmd1

51 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Guess a lot of people are like you, me included. Almost zero interest in the game. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/title-game-ticket-prices-plummeting-90-percent-college-football-worried-214530894.html

Would making it an 8 team playoff automatically make it better when the top teams are simply way too good?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Tough call, they are both great teams. Clemson seems to be the team most think will win.

I find that questionable.... shrug...

Edited by row_33

52 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If this game would have been in Atlanta or Dallas or even Florida the tickets would have been snapped up at full value. Having the game in the West Coast makes it difficult for their respective fanbases to make the costly trip during this holiday season. 

I'm hoping that it turns out to be a great game with a lot of pro talent and potential Buffalo draftees. I'm leaning toward Jonah Williams but am open to one of the many studs on both sides of the field. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

If this game would have been in Atlanta or Dallas or even Florida the tickets would have been snapped up at full value. Having the game in the West Coast makes it difficult for their respective fanbases to make the costly trip during this holiday season. 

I'm hoping that it turns out to be a great game with a lot of pro talent and potential Buffalo draftees. I'm leaning toward Jonah Williams but am open to one of the many studs on both sides of the field. 

Im surprised by that. Rose Bowl tickets were going for over a grand and it was 60% buckeye fans. If it was a national title game it would be even moreso. Maybe their fan bases are just bored at this point. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Im surprised by that. Rose Bowl tickets were going for over a grand and it was 60% buckeye fans. If it was a national title game it would be even moreso. Maybe their fan bases are just bored at this point. 

The Buckeye fanbase is more likely to be drawn from cold weather locations. I'm sure as you pointed out that repeated trips to the championship game against the same opponent has lessened the novelty and incentive to attend a concluding game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

The Buckeye fanbase is more likely to be drawn from cold weather locations. I'm sure as you pointed out that repeated trips to the championship game against the same opponent has lessened the novelty and incentive to attend a concluding game. 

Probably true... can make a vacation out of it 

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

i perceive that Alabama and Clemson fans are very much enjoying this, they wish to be in this game for the next 100 years

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i perceive that Alabama and Clemson fans are very much enjoying this, they wish to be in this game for the next 100 years

They are not enjoying it to the extent of putting out their own pesos to get to the West Coast to in person witness the games. 

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

They are not enjoying it to the extent of putting out their own pesos to get to the West Coast to in person witness the games. 

why would anyone fly voluntarily these days?

is the big story that NCAA football is losing interest of fans even more than the NFL???

Edited by row_33

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

why would anyone fly voluntarily these days?

is the big story that NCAA football is losing interest of fans even more than the NFL???

Don't generalize. If Ohio State was in the Championship Game YOLO would be in the stands basking in the west coast sun wearing his red shirt. :mellow: 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Don't generalize. If Ohio State was in the Championship Game YOLO would be in the stands basking in the west coast sun wearing his red shirt. :mellow: 

i will generalize if i want to...

YOLO cheers for the Bills, that's not a normal fan.

Okay, so it was like the Bills on their 3rd SB run and the fans didn't care enough to sell the game out, so we had to listen to Van Miller call the Big Comeback.

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

YOLO cheers for the Bills, that's not a normal fan.

We can at least agree on the fact that YOLO is not a normal fan. Some people would generalize and say that he is not a normal person. However, that is not to say that he isn't appreciated. :D

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.