YoloinOhio

Report: Bills working on extension for Jordan Phillips

Posted (edited)

“We’ve already been in negotiations. We’ve been keeping it under wraps. The word on the street is the Bills are looking for a new 3-technique, and I think I’m the best candidate. So we’ll see,” Phillips said.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

No brainer.

He's young, and adds toughness and size to our interior line rotation.

We just need a 3-technique who can rush the passer now, although Shaq Lawson showed last week kicking him inside on passing downs could be an option. 

• Like (+1) 6

Good. 

I'd try to make it a 2-year deal if I could. Give him a decent bump to $3.5-$4M per and allow him the ability to hit the market again before he's 30.

• Like (+1) 4

A quote from Phillips after cleaning out his locker....

“Buffalo’s great. I love the atmosphere,” Phillips said. “Wherever I wind up, I won’t go anywhere with a bad fan base. The fan base is a big part of my game, and I haven’t seen anything better than the Bills Mafia.”

• Like (+1) 23
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Good, get this stuff done early and know what you have going into FA and the draft.

The D solidified after he was signed. Still room to improve on the unit as a whole, but a good pick up, and a piece of the puzzle.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m all for it.  Especially with the loss of Kyle, we still need one more guy to go with Star and the 2 Phillips kids.  I can see him costing us a game or two with his over excitement penalties but that’s fine with me.  I like the guy a lot

• Skeptical 3

Awesome. Get it done. Solid player and looks like an excellent teammate. Always trying to pump up the team and the fans. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m all for it.  Especially with the loss of Kyle, we still need one more guy to go with Star and the 2 Phillips kids.  I can see him costing us a game or two with his over excitement penalties but that’s fine with me.  I like the guy a lot

it would really be ok with you if he cost us 2 games because of penalties? That's pretty significant in a 16 game season.

• Like (+1) 9

Good move by the front office.  His play seemed to be decent/solid and seemed to really enjoy playing for the Bills Fans.  

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

it would really be ok with you if he cost us 2 games because of penalties? That's pretty significant in a 16 game season.

Yup.  Sue me.  I like the kid.  A game a two over the course of his 2 year contract.  1 game in two, years, so be it.  I doubt it would be the reason we lose a championship.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

41 minutes ago, wppete said:

A quote from Phillips after cleaning out his locker....

“Buffalo’s great. I love the atmosphere,” Phillips said. “Wherever I wind up, I won’t go anywhere with a bad fan base. The fan base is a big part of my game, and I haven’t seen anything better than the Bills Mafia.”

I mean watching a 13 year vet get roaring applause in his retirement game from the fanbase probably leaves a great impression.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

He made a nice impression as a rotation player, plus he seems to bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm.  Between him, Harrison and Star, it's a nice 3 way DT rotation and we wouldn't need to use the 1st rounder for it

He outplayed Harry the Horrible. Probably at a price comparable to a 3rd rd pick. Therefore, excellent opportunity to lock him up for a few years

Would be a solid, judicial signing👍

Since he denounced everything Miami Dolphins, I have no problem with this. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

He made a nice impression as a rotation player, plus he seems to bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm.  Between him, Harrison and Star, it's a nice 3 way DT rotation and we wouldn't need to use the 1st rounder for it

If the BPA at 9 is a DT Beane will scoop him up, just as he should.  That 3 way rotation is okay.  But if you can add a potential all pro talent they would not be wrong to do it.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1