1st half thread: Wk 16 Bills at Patriots, 1 pm on CBS

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I know that the cupboard is completely bare on offense, but this team needs a lot of help on defense, too.

I completely disagree.

The Chiefs would be undefeated with a defense like ours. 

We have to remember that this is the new NFL, teams with decent offenses are going to score points.

The defense keeping this to 14-0 is pretty good, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

How so? No receiver in the league catches that bomb given the sun issue. The second one was blanket coverage.

The second one was a simple adjustment to make the play, Gilmore was way out of position with his back turned. It wasnt a perfect throw but it was good enough it should been caught...

As for balls in the sun, that's why they have eye black...maybe he should use a little extra next time...

1 minute ago, mannc said:

It was a horrific 4th and 3 playcall.  Awful.

Not sure - Allen was not told to go to Foster, just the guy he is most comfortable throwing to with man coverage.

It does show that the coaches do not think this O-Line can get 3 yards worth of push for our RBs and that tells you something.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

It was a horrific 4th and 3 playcall.  Awful.

It was man coverage, without seeing what other receivers were running, how do you know that? Allen chose to go to the deep route, that doesn't mean there weren't other routes that would have got the first down. It looked like Shady was running a route coming across the field.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not true.  That's a classic throw in the NFL and more often then not it's caught. 

Given the perfect coverage, more often than not it’s NOT caught. I know everyone watches the deondre hopkins highlight catches, but those are the exceptions. For real.