Josh Gordon Stepping Away from Football in Advance of this Sunday's Game; Returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended List Indefinitely

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

life isn't going to be long for him if he can't straiten out.  it's tragic, and I can't help but wonder if he had gotten some mental health help earlier in his life if this all couldnt have been avoided

If it is truly just a weed problem, I know plenty of people who have very successful careers and are daily weed users as well. They just don't work in an industry that tests for it. I get the feeling with Gordon that it is a bit more than a desire to get high daily that is the problem. Although, not being able to stop, even when it jeopardizes yips livelihood, is concerning in and of itself. 

51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

that said, sign him to a future’s contract!  Our “culture” will get him back on track.

While I recognize the sarcasm here, the reality is that in Gordon's world of employment, the Bills' 'culture' would provide him a much more successful path to getting back on track than the one he is leaving. They knew his problem, but played him anyway. They don't care about Gordon any more than they care when the McRib comes back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

jfc

So you either have to resort to violence to officially be addicted to some or it doesn't count?

Have you seriously never watched intervention or heard of a story about someone ignoring their family or responsibilities and ruining their life because they're addicted to a gambling or videogames? 

I guess lack of empathy makes it difficult to understand what some people go through. It's pretty common, so I shouldn't be too annoyed or surprised with dumbass thoughts like this. 

Yes.  You need to be addicted to something pretty serious for it to impact you enough to lose your job.  If you lose your job because you’re “addicted” to solely marijuana...you’re actually an irresponsible *****.  Same goes with shopping, working out, and all the other frivolous “addictions” folks use to make excuses for their poor choices in life.  It’s a bunch of crap.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 2

Justin Blackmon type ban coming.  Indefinitely...likely career ending.

I feel sorry for the man here.  Alcoholism is a mental health disease per the AMA.  His addictions (Alcohol, weed, other substances) are in control of his life.  And being "on stage" in the NFL is not an easy place to work them out.

Don't like the behavior but respect the man.  He's not a bad or "weak" person, just a person with an illness trying to get better.  God's speed Josh.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm with you.  Weed is not an addiction, it's a will power issue.

I've been stopping/starting when I need to for decades. Now that I have degrees and a career, I'm all about daily rides on the MJ train. I've also earned it. If I needed to stop tomorrow, I would, and could. The worst thing that happens after you stop is that your dreams become so vivid for a few weeks that you may roll out of bed. The horror!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

While I recognize the sarcasm here, the reality is that in Gordon's world of employment, the Bills' 'culture' would provide him a much more successful path to getting back on track than the one he is leaving. They knew his problem, but played him anyway. They don't care about Gordon any more than they care when the McRib comes back.

Which NFL organization cares about players?  And which players care about their organizations?

Loyalty in professional sports is long gone.  It's all about the Benjamins (except Kelvin.  ***** him).

• Like (+1) 1

I saw so many Pats fans on the internet use the way he’s played the past month to further ridicule Cleveland, and talk about him being saved because of being in a “real” team and the “Patriot Way.”

Hard not to see this news and be glad to see those fools humbled.  But it’s even harder not to feel bad for Gordon.  Not sure what happened, but if it’s related to addiction, that thing is the devil.  I will hope for the best for him.

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Lol ya I still don't understand that trade at all. You think you would want to maximise the talent on the team given Brady`s short window remaining.

They didn’t want to pay him. But this year was the last year of his rookie deal, and they should have kept him. They don’t like to pay WRs.

• Like (+1) 1