The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, grinreaper said:

I know that's what Trump says, but it is such a poor position for the dems to take, I wonder if there's more to it?

I would hope so. 

I still am of the opinion that they're not really negotiating the wall at all, considering they know - and Trump knows - he can build it without an EO and without Congress through the military and there would be no way for an injunction to prevent it. 

Either that, or as others have said, Trump is just punishing the opposition by making them dangle in front of the public and argue a losing cause. 

• Like (+1) 1

How is that a defensible position ??

Talks have stalled over Democrat request to put new 16,500 cap on immigrant detention beds for interior enforcement. Republicans want to apprehend and hold violent criminals above that cap. Shelby says 50/50 chance of Deal now.

Now Democrats would rather shut down government than let ICE detain illegal aliens, including violent criminals. Amazing!

Democrats have become the party of Open Border radicals & extremists.

I posted the new poll numbers for President Trump in a different thread - 52% according to Rasmussen. The internals will be closer to the truth, and much higher. Makes me wonder if this will change anything this week in negotiations?  The whispers after the SOTU speech were the D internal numbers for the President were much higher than the 70s immediately reported.

This next shut-down will not be on Trump. The Ds should get serious, and get this done with the Rs. The wall is being built with or without them, so they may as well try and act like they support the county.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How is that a defensible position ??

Talks have stalled over Democrat request to put new 16,500 cap on immigrant detention beds for interior enforcement. Republicans want to apprehend and hold violent criminals above that cap. Shelby says 50/50 chance of Deal now.

Chances were never 50/50.  Dem leadership doesn't want anything that will restrict people coming into this country.  Chances were always 0.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I posted the new poll numbers for President Trump in a different thread - 52% according to Rasmussen. The internals will be closer to the truth, and much higher. Makes me wonder if this will change anything this week in negotiations?  The whispers after the SOTU speech were the D internal numbers for the President were much higher than the 70s immediately reported.

This next shut-down will not be on Trump. The Ds should get serious, and get this done with the Rs. The wall is being built with or without them, so they may as well try and act like they support the county.

:beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Chances were never 50/50.  Dem leadership doesn't want anything that will restrict people coming into this country.  Chances were always 0.

Dems are mostly refusing to even consider bargaining in good faith

Pelosi is a loyal opponent who wants to get things done, so that is the only redeeming factor. If it was just a temper-tantrum idiot this would have been shut down months ago

14 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I think the attempt to limit detention beds is just a ploy to limit ICE's authority. Without a bed, and without the ability to deport, the only choice left is to release illegal criminal aliens   in the USA. It is the dems way of telling Trump, FU to any deal.

No schiff, sherlock.

They never had any intention of negotiating in good faith.

• Like (+1) 1

Appeals court rules Trump can build border wall

Liberal panel shoots down environmentalists' challenge

A federal appeals court ruled Monday that the Trump administration has the power to waive environmental laws in order to speed up border wall construction, dealing a major symbolic blow to the president’s opponents.

The three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which President Trump regularly likes to chide as too liberal, sided with him this time.

The judges said federal law gives the administration broad powers to waive any laws in order to get the wall built.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Appeals court rules Trump can build border wall

Liberal panel shoots down environmentalists' challenge

A federal appeals court ruled Monday that the Trump administration has the power to waive environmental laws in order to speed up border wall construction, dealing a major symbolic blow to the president’s opponents.

The three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which President Trump regularly likes to chide as too liberal, sided with him this time.

The judges said federal law gives the administration broad powers to waive any laws in order to get the wall built.

</snip>

The 9th circuit what?! Is there an emoji for deep breathing into a paper bag?

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So the clown travels to El Paso to claim the city is a criminal infested hole, when in fact it isn't. Beto upstages the clown. 

Once again, your "facts" are wrong, as usual, Trump at at least 25, 000 at his rally, the moron had a couple hundred, also El Paso was a crime infested city, till the wall there was built. 1500 murders just across the wall, 27 in El Paso, the wall worked 

Being fair, there are media outlets reporting that Robert Francis had a gazillion more people there than President Trump did. It is a misinformation campaign (again). They are also not reporting about this (see tweet) ie the entities that organized (and paid the attendees) at the Robert Francis ralley:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

You would think after the same embarrassing crowd reporting on Hillary vs. Trump during the last election that the media would realize no one believes them anymore when it comes to crowd sizes and polls.

They do this all the time, liberal causes are reported at hyperinflated guesses and larger conservative or religious causes are ignored if the media can get away with it

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Being fair, there are media outlets reporting that Robert Francis had a gazillion more people there than President Trump did. It is a misinformation campaign (again). They are also not reporting about this (see tweet) ie the entities that organized (and paid the attendees) at the Robert Francis ralley:

Do people think that regular folks on the street are interested in attending a rally for O'Rourke? 

They had 50 groups organize his event, and he could barely fill a Waffle House with attendees. Yeah...2020 should be interesting.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Why do the democRATS keep bringing out losers like Beto and that lying fat Stacy Adams? Win an election then maybe some will take you a bit more seriously 

Trending, trending, that's why! Almost winning in deep red states is something big and shows the future power of the Dems. Not only did they win the House by 40 seats, they almost toppled some pretty Red States, or, more red states I mean, Arizona and Alabama were won. 

54 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I heard on the radio on my way to work this morning that Ted Cruz is proposing using the assets seized from El Chapo to fund the wall. Sounds awfully close to Mexico paying for it to me.

Who was the ultimate drug buyer?

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

You would think after the same embarrassing crowd reporting on Hillary vs. Trump during the last election that the media would realize no one believes them anymore when it comes to crowd sizes and polls.

Doc Brown and Tibs quote every poll they like by the hour here