The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I heard on the radio on my way to work this morning that Ted Cruz is proposing using the assets seized from El Chapo to fund the wall. Sounds awfully close to Mexico paying for it to me.

7B3948E7-EACB-435F-8199-17B06AC7CE24.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

7B3948E7-EACB-435F-8199-17B06AC7CE24.jpeg

That's being spoken TO Trump... LoL... Nice!

Just now, B-Man said:

e8fdf5e9ae863d5f2cbd71dc17e131b7a37f9638...........Wall construction continuing throughout the rest of the fiscal year with new democrat agreement

Thanks dems...............say what happened to that "Immoral" business ?

It's still immoral.  But Trump got worse deal than offered in December.  $5.7B... Cut to just below $1.7.

Gotta throw a bone to the dog... Let them think they got something.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Even you have to admit that if he somehow gets a wall built using money seized from El Chapo, it would be one the greatest political end arounds in our history.

having said that, I doubt it happens

1 minute ago, Kevbeau said:

Even you have to admit that if he somehow gets a wall built using money seized from El Chapo, it would be one the greatest political end arounds in our history.

having said that, I doubt it happens

How long will it be tied up?  But, at least Mexico is "paying"... Except for all the US druggies that bought from El Chapo.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's still immoral. 

But Trump The dems got worse deal than offered in December February.  $5.7B  $0 ... Cut raised to just below around  $1.7.

See how easy that is Exiled ?

The President got enough immoral funding to keep construction going to the end of the year.........

and you want to proclaim victory........................well go ahead ................:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

See how easy that is Exiled ?

The President got enough immoral funding to keep construction going to the end of the year.........

and you want to proclaim victory........................well go ahead ................:lol:

$5.7 vs. $0

Uh... $1.7 is not even in the ballpark.  I am not going Cadillac shopping with you and taking you into finance company office.  We'll walk with funding for this:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/heres-why-yugo-one-worst-cars-ever-made-259789

280px-1987_Yugo_GV_Sport_(7407651462).jp

You're quite the Arab Horse-Trader B-Man.  They were giving Yugos away free when You bought a Cadillac in 1987.

4bd6706a-2ea2-498a-a144-b7571db40439.gif

Well done!

Trump won without a doubt. The Left's "the wall is immoral" stance is no longer available to them in the future. Were they just a little immoral because they only gave up some money for the wall?

The Left did nothing for DACA nor did they even try. That takes that issue away from them.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's still immoral.  But Trump got worse deal than offered in December.  $5.7B... Cut to just below $1.7.

i must have missed the Dems offering up 5.7 in Dec. can you provide substantiation for your claim.

TYIA

Edited by Foxx

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i must have missed the Dems offering up 5.7 in Dec. can you provide substantiation for your claim.

TYIA

"[All Trump] had to do was accept a 10- to 14-year path to citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants brought to the United States at a young age.

That deal has been on the table for more than a month now: Trump gives Democrats a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers; Democrats give Trump his full $25 billion wall funding request. [...]

It is confounding that Trump didn't just take the deal."

49 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Trump won without a doubt. 

Isnt this amount only a fraction of what he demanded for a wall?  How is this a win.

was there anything that could’ve happened where the people that always support trump would say he lost?  And vice versa

when you side with someone every single time, you gotta wonder how much thought you are putting into it. Not necessarily you, but a lot of the “trump won” crowd.

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"[All Trump] had to do was accept a 10- to 14-year path to citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants brought to the United States at a young age.

That deal has been on the table for more than a month now: Trump gives Democrats a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers; Democrats give Trump his full $25 billion wall funding request. [...]

ummm.... it's not that i don't believe you, but i asked for substantiation. which if i have to spell it out for you, generally means and is understood that you need to give a link.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

ummm.... it's not that i don't believe you, but i asked for substantiation. which if i have to spell it out for you, generally means and is understood that you need to give a link.

Who sent out the PPP Circle Jerk Bat Signa©? 

My intent was to just point out the Tale of Two Boondoggles, along with Trump losing The Art of the Deal©.

Man... You Guys really hover.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Who sent out the PPP Circle Jerk Bat Signa©? 

My intent was to just point out the Tale of Two Boondoggles, along with Trump losing The Art of the Deal©.

Man... You Guys really hover.

link or you stink. and your whole argument is bull####.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Where are you getting that?  Trump has openly said several times that he would like to do a grand deal and has offered citizenship for dreamers in exchange for border security.  Dems have not taken him up on it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Where are you getting that?  Trump has openly said several times that he would like to do a grand deal and has offered citizenship for dreamers in exchange for border security.  Dems have not taken him up on it. 

11 months ago:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/trump-should-have-accepted-democrats-border-wall-offer.html

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Lazy *****... Look it up yourself NJSue.  Bust out of your bubble a little.

Shhh... Be very quite the helicopters are circling.

***** you, you piece of *****.

tumblr_n5vomrXZce1r3q6loo1_400.gif

congrats! you have just elevated yourself a rarely status. you are nothing more than a disingenuous piece of *****. i held out hope for youyou have proven yourself to be a real douchbag.

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

congrats! you have just elevated yourself a rarely status. you are nothing more than a disingenuous piece of *****. i held out hope for youyou have proven yourself to be a real douchbag.

If you were paying attention a year ago... You would have saw it:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/trump-should-have-accepted-democrats-border-wall-offer.html

I call you a lazy *****... And you gotta one-up.  If the shoe fits, wear it.

Don't worry, I am not heart broken that I.  Who the ***** are you to think you hold out "hope" for me?  Get off your high horse.  We are arguing politics.  You are too serious about yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If you were paying attention a year ago... You would have saw it:

I call you a lazy *****... And you gotta one-up.  If the shoe fits, wear it.

Don't worry, I am not heart broken that I.  Who the ***** are you to think you hold out "hope" for me?  Get off your high horse.  We are arguing politics.  You are too serious about yourself.

nah, you just proved your a disingenuous piece of *****. you claimed the offer was on the table in Dec, it wasn't. the link you finally did manage to post was from March '18. 

you are seriously addled.

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Now, now. He made the claim. He can't be expected to do ALL the work!

Besides...XENOPHOBE! TEABAGS!

NPC.thumb.jpg.5ffd6a413e0597a22967be12248ec23e.jpg

Hey Man... At least I got you to look inward.  It was so much nicer when when you ignored me.

Again... I didn't mean to send out the PPP Circle Jerk Bat Signal© with my reply to Chef's Bullet Train post. Just pointing out both are boondoggles... I'd rather dream of choo choos thEn be scared of Cheeco's walking across the border, but that's just me.  I don't live in fear.

You Cats coming at me faster than lightning...

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

nah, you just proved your a disingenuous piece of *****. you claimed the offer was on the table in Dec, it wasn't. the link you finally did manage to post was from March '18. 

Exactly... Outside of being disingenuous. Been on the table last March.  He waited till Mid-terms. Lost miserably. Of course it was offered in December again.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sisters and brothers

why are we fighing

who's fighting

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Again, you are full of fecal matter. Trump did have a verbal deal with the Left about a year ago, then a federal judge made a ruling that wouldn't allow Trump to use DACA people as leverage to do that deal. The Left backed away. Get your facts straight.

4 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Again, you are full of fecal matter. Trump did have a verbal deal with the Left about a year ago, then a federal judge made a ruling that wouldn't allow Trump to use DACA people as leverage to do that deal. The Left backed away. Get your facts straight.

"Link or you stink"

~Little Sammy Chung, AKA: @Foxx

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

Isnt this amount only a fraction of what he demanded for a wall?  How is this a win.

was there anything that could’ve happened where the people that always support trump would say he lost?  And vice versa

when you side with someone every single time, you gotta wonder how much thought you are putting into it. Not necessarily you, but a lot of the “trump won” crowd.

The President can get the funding from other pieces of the budget tied to national security and emergencies.

He's likely going to punish Democratic strongholds like California, by stripping them of Federal funds typically used to combat wild fires, and other things of this nature across the country.

The win for the President is that Congress capitulates, and gives their consent to build the wall.  Now that it has been approved by Congress, lawsuits rejecting the President's authority to act unilaterally are moot, because he's not acting unilaterally.  He's acting with the express consent of Congress.  The wall will now be built, without legal resistance.

55 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Don't bother.

Eric is a genuinely ***** person, only interested in treating people poorly, and bringing the level of discourse into the toilet.

He's never been interested in facts.

He's a self-serving Federal employee living fat off the back of tax payers.

He's part of the problem.

My suggestion is to put him on ignore, as I did years ago.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

In March he could have ended all that BS and took deal... Went about the same buisness.  This ain't on the judiciary.  Thet granted a respite.  This is on Trump.  Instead, he waited for Mid-terms to fire up his base... He lost miserably.  DemocratBlueWave© flipped 40+ seats.

Trump is a shill for his Deplorable, immoral base.  Now he's painted into a corner.  Some "wheeler and dealer."

Again... Don't go Cadillac shopping with Trump.  You'll drive out in a used Yugo.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

In March he could have ended all that BS and took deal... Went about the same buisness.  This ain't on the judiciary.  Thet granted a respite.  This is on Trump.  Instead, he waited for Mid-terms to fire up his base... He lost miserably.  DemocratBlueWave© flipped 40+ seats.

Trump is a shill for his Deplorable, immoral base.  Now he's painted into a corner.  Some "wheeler and dealer."

Again... Don't go Cadillac shopping with Trump.  You'll drive out in a used Yugo.

The federal judge took away all of Trump's leverage before a deal was consummated. The dems walked away once the judge's decision came down. If you paid any real attention to this stuff like many of us do here you'd already know that and I wouldn't have given you a link to several articles.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

... Don't bother.

Eric is a genuinely ***** person, only interested in treating people poorly, and bringing the level of discourse into the toilet.

well, i haven't been around as long as most of you and i really like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt. with that said, he proved beyond any shadow of a doubt today that he is just here to troll and is not really interested in having a genuine conversation.

due to life circumstances, i know what it is like to be judged unfairly so i bend over backwards to extend the opportunity to prove initial impressions wrong. i won't ignore him as i don't like to reside in an echo chamber but as for interacting with him, it will next to nonexistent, if ever.

thanks for the words of experience.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Foxx said:

well, i haven't been around as long as most of you and i really like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt. with that said, he proved

beyond any shadow of a doubt today that he is just here to troll and is not really interested in having a genuine conversation.

due to life circumstances, i know what it is like to be judged unfairly so i bend over backwards to extend the opportunity to prove initial impressions wrong. i won't ignore him as i don't like to reside in an echo chamber but as for interacting with him, it will next to nonexistent, if ever.

He's not a troll.  He's far too irretrievably stupid, and lacks the skill.

He's actually speaking his mind.

He's a bad person, and he's telling you exactly what he believes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I've learned not to view these types of issues based only on "this moment in time!". Over the past couple years people have crowed about how THIS time, they. got.him! only to have the current president continue to plow ahead. See for instance, today. 

The deal is what it is, and the parts on the board are constantly moving. He has set himself up to be the savior of the resistance if he follows through, uses the military ame other options at his disposal to continue to construct the barriers.

In the interim, the dems cracked and if one chooses to look at that as a victory, it can be seen that way.  However, virtually every high profile dem has been all over the page on supporting, not supporting, moral, immoral depending on who they were speaking to, whether running for office or sitting in opposition to the current president, and that makes them look weak politically and on the issue of border security. Snapshots of Master Beto at the border barricaded behind a 10 foot high chain link fence for protection only add to the challenges the dems face as the move farther to the left.

Put another way, you're not going to find consensus between the extremes, but there are an awful lot of folks in the middle who recognize the security/economic challenges of just letting $#@@ go on the way the dems want it to be.   Those are the difference makers who might not want to speak publically and be bullied by crazies for suggesting security at the border needs to be overhauled, but would apply some common sense to the problem of hundreds of thousands of people showing up for benefits that their tax dollars pay for. 

In other words....developing....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

well, i haven't been around as long as most of you and i really like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt. with that said, he proved beyond any shadow of a doubt today that he is just here to troll and is not really interested in having a genuine conversation.

Sometimes Foxxy ya gotta sweep the leg. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you'll learn, it's okay, all you lose is your time and mind and maybe carry it with you emotionally when you get burned on here for trying to understand...

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The President can get the funding from other pieces of the budget tied to national security and emergencies.

He's likely going to punish Democratic strongholds like California, by stripping them of Federal funds typically used to combat wild fires, and other things of this nature across the country.

The win for the President is that Congress capitulates, and gives their consent to build the wall.  Now that it has been approved by Congress, lawsuits rejecting the President's authority to act unilaterally are moot, because he's not acting unilaterally.  He's acting with the express consent of Congress.  The wall will now be built, without legal resistance.

Don't bother.

You don't even know me.  I am just a working slob... Hourly... Living fat? Hardly, but living content. That's only because I make the best of the hands I am dealt.

And hardly self-serving.  If I was self-serving, I would be agreeing with you guys and the majority of my blue collar, hourly co-workers that I am around on the job with daily.  That's self-serving.

Word up.  It's not always what things appear.  That's the wheels in your own head, your own insecurities that create your illusions.

And when it comes to treating people poorly... We are arguing politics.  Stop being a butt hurt Snowflake because you can't take what you dish out.  I only treat poorly the ones that attack first. Go back and read through.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen... Retreat.  Fine with me.

Sorry... This liberal doesn't fold.  Hopefully, you can take a look at yourself and not what others are doing.