Atta Boy Josh - What a stud

Bakin

1 minute ago, wettlaufer said:

Hard for Zay to reel it in when he's being bear-hugged. No-call on that was bad.

No doubt.  Don’t like Allen getting hit in the head and the laundry staying in the pocket, either.  Not impressed with the zebras today. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Look he is getting better. He's understanding just how much he can take advantage of teams by getting out of the pocket and running. He also makes some truly special throws. But again, the accuracy is terrible. He made 8-10 bad throws today. It's not just the missed TD or the INTs. I'm fine with that 50 yards bomb we took in the 2nd half that missed. It's missing Zay repeatedly on crossing routes, or KB over the middle, or the poor throws on outs. Some of the misses are by 5-10 yards. It's so weird how he can go from hitting the bulls eye two to three times in a row and then miss by so much you're almost not sure who he was throwing to. Josh killed several drives today with unforced errors because he wasn't accurate. He has to improve on that. New receivers and a new line aren't going to make him accurate on wide open throws.      

Edited by VW82

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Look he is getting better. He's understanding just how much he can take advantage of teams by getting out of the pocket and running. He also makes some truly special throws. But again, the accuracy is terrible. He made 8-10 bad throws today. It's not just the missed TD or the INTs. I'm fine with that 50 yards bomb we took in the 2nd half that missed. It's missing Zay repeatedly on crossing routes, or KB over the middle, or the poor throws on outs. Some of the misses are by 5-10 yards. It's so weird how he can go from hitting the bulls eye two to three times in a row and then miss by so much you're almost not sure who he was throwing to. Josh killed several drives today with unforced errors because he wasn't accurate. He has to improve on that. New receivers and a new line aren't going to make him accurate on wide open throws.      

right on the money

• Like (+1) 1

I had to work through this game but the texts I got from my dad said he was off early on. I got to see the last 3 minutes and man did he make some special plays. 

Allen is an odd case as a young qb. Struggles with throws that are routine for many, and then makes throws that would make Aaron Rodgers' jaw drop and some that Brady couldn't make in his wildest dreams. It's actually ideal in my opinion. Much easier to teach the mechanics to consistently make 5-10 yard throws than it is to teach a guy to feel the rush, step up in the pocket and deliver a 50 yard bomb through the air while getting drilled that hits the reciever in the numbers.

For all the detractors, keep in mind he wasn't supposed to start this year for a reason. I'm sure the coaching staff knows he has accuracy issues on the short/intermediate passes and they have a plan to fix it. It's much harder to step back and work on the basics when he has to get ready to start every week, going through film and game planning for the next team. Let's hope he can get with Palmer again this offseason and work out his kinks while not having the pressure of starting on him for ~7 months. I'd bet with his work ethic we will see improvements in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Really strange game to evaluate. I thought Josh was off in the passing game most of the day, but he made a couple of fantastic throws - the second TD in particular - and he made a lot of plays with his legs. 

I still need to see more consistency throwing from the pocket. That is how you ultimately win consistently in this league. 

Most of the game?? Think that's an overstatement.  You could argue he was off in the 1st half, but the 2nd half, he was damm good.  He also was smart with the runs, don't recall him getting hit on any of them.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

What would have been the game-winning TD to Clay was not short and was right on the money.  ST's cost the team dearly today as did miscues all over and the refs.

Respectfully, I disagree and believe it was short. Tough pass, on the run, just couldn't get enough on it. SHould Clay have caught it? Definitely.

It looked like the play calling in the 2nd half  was more "put the ball in Josh's hands" and he seemed to be up to the task. Look at his 2nd half numbers. If they would have called it that way in the 1st half rather than putting the ball into Shady's hands it might have been a much different ballgame. 

It also seemed like he's improve in his short and medium throws - anyone agree?

47 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Josh Allen has been playing competitive football for many years now.  HS, Jr. College, Wyoming, now with the Buffalo Bills.

His pass accuracy has never improved.

Sorry!

:thumbdown:

Cheer for the Cardinals instead. 

4 minutes ago, johnnychemo said:

It also seemed like he's improve in his short and medium throws - anyone agree?

Yep he's gotten much better in the intermediate passing game. He had a few really outstanding throws in the 2nd half that gave his receivers plenty of room for YAC. The 3 passes on the last drive to get us to the red zone were huge plays.

53 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Josh Allen has been playing competitive football for many years now.  HS, Jr. College, Wyoming, now with the Buffalo Bills.

His pass accuracy has never improved.

Sorry!

:thumbdown:

It appears most here want nothing more than an echo chamber, they certainly don't want the truth.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yep he's gotten much better in the intermediate passing game. He had a few really outstanding throws in the 2nd half that gave his receivers plenty of room for YAC. The 3 passes on the last drive to get us to the red zone were huge plays.

Yep. He also took a lot off a bunch of passes, which his natural tendency is not to do. He lofted the ball to DiMarco and another one in the second half that I liked. He's played like 7-8 games with a crappy cast. He's played VERY good IMO.

• Like (+1) 4

He gave the Bills a chance to win at the end.  Too many penalties and miscues today.  Saw some jaw dropping plays today and some misses.  Hopefully we see consistency set in as he's asked to do less to make things happen.  Right now with the O line the way it is and no running game he is the entire Bills offense.  There some really good throws that few qbs would even attempt along with some bad misses.  I'm ok with it.  Get some real play makers around him and we'll start to see several big plays a game. 

I’m far more encouraged than disappointed. Winning this week means little. Seeing progress means a LOT. He tried to take the offense on his shoulders, and he almost pulled it off. Work to do, holes to fill, but I’m encouraged. 

• Like (+1) 1