If the Chiefs offered Patrick Mahomes for Josh Allen straight up, would you pull the trigger?

3 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

I wouldn't. Even if they threw in a first. It is clear after today that Allen will be the best QB in the NFL since Brady and Manning. This is not a joke. Buffalo will win out and finish 9-7. Playoffs next year.

#trusttheprocess

[And I can’t make this a poll since I am posting from mobile, but if I did, the majority of people would agree with me.]

Allen for Mahomes and a 1st and you wouldn't do it? 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's a more interesting question - Allen for Mahomes straight up, or we get Tyreek Hill in exchange for nothing? So basically would you prefer Allen and Tyreek Hill or Mahomes with this offense? That's a tougher choice.

I get what you are saying here.  I think Mahomes with both a year more of experience and Reid for a coach is going to be able to out produce Allen even with Hill.  No knock on Allen.  I think Daboll is coming around and what we have has a lot of potential but it will be different than KC's offense.  Now put Mahomes here now and Allen in KC now, that would be an interesting switch.  I think Allen could do a lot but it would be interesting.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The answer is yes

although what do we do with tre white in this fantasy

Give him to them. And anyone else too if that's what it would take to get a generational player at the most important position in the game.

Edited by vincec

At the moment, yes.  Lets see where they both stand like 5 years from now.  Mahomes has a great supporting cast and awesome offensive coaching.  He fell into 10000% better situation.  That's not to take away what the kid has done so far, but there is no saying Allen can't achieve that down the road.

It is my opinion in viewing both QB's, that they both have incredible arms and can make all the throws. Both show great spirit and leadership.  Mahomes is far more accurate, Allen has better pocket escape ability and foot speed and is a danger when on rollouts.  

Given comparable protection and weapons I think Mahomes is probably just a tick better when both are fully developed.

In looking at the overall its Allen and Tre White vs Mahomes.  Slight edge to Buffalo but both teams did quite well

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

At the moment, yes.  Lets see where they both stand like 5 years from now.  Mahomes has a great supporting cast and awesome offensive coaching.  He fell into 10000% better situation.  That's not to take away what the kid has done so far, but there is no saying Allen can't achieve that down the road.

Bingo!

Love the optimism!! I would definitely have to pause and at least think about it a little bit, because JA’s an athletic freak who once harnessed could be the thoroughbred that blows everyone out of the water—he did nothing today but reinforce that, setting a franchise record in the process with his legs. I’m hoping he will become a hybrid between Jim Kelly’s arm strength and Flutie’s legs—that is basically unstoppable 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, vincec said:

Give him to them. And anyone else too if that's what it would take to get a generational player at the most important position in the game.

Well this is where it gets a little more complicated for me

Lets put aside my personal preference for Allen.....both of us from Northern Cali....both of us growing up on Farms.....both of us pretty much making our lives happen ourselves (he rights a 1000 letters......I was on the streets for 2 years before joining the Air Force and making something of myself

Josh Allen could actually become very good....we dont know what Allen would look like with Reid who is great with QBs.......Mahommes has the all star cast that would put EVERY OFFENSIVE MEMBER WE HAVE on the bench....Mahommes would have to deal with working with our trash and a defensive minded HC

Now lets look at the fact that Tre White is one of the very best corners in the league.....another money position

I dont think it is as simple as all that when I look at it....right how?  Yes I would trade for Mahommes in this fantasy.....I dont know how I would feel about it next year because I am not part of the intant grat crowd.   Josh Allen has all the tools

• Like (+1) 1