Aaron Maybin After Football - "Walking the Walk"

26CornerBlitz

Great CBS spot - nice to see the positives from football - even on guys that did not live up to his potential.

He is now doing something meaningful for many others.

He is a better fit in the real world than he ever was on the field.

? ???

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i saw it and officially take back everything i ever said about him.  great story.

He's a good guy moving on making a difference happy in his own shoes with no unreasonable expectations heaped on him. Was all I was trying to express to the Peterman hangups.. he's a young man that has all the world ahead of him. Played some professional ball now the onus is on him to make an impact on life after football. Or get incredibly better and stay in football lol.

• Like (+1) 3

Important lesson: judging anyone by a single measure (e.g. "worst bust in NFL history!") is shallow and stupid.  People are far more complex, and have far more to give, than just one thing.

Except that ***** cheating bastard, Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 3

Definitely a *different* guy.

Loved the part where he says  "when you are genuinely trying......they know it".

Because he wasn't trying in the NFL and it took a while for people to wrap their heads around it because of the way he did it..........but in time the Bills and Jets knew it.

I've never seen fake hustle to the degree he took it..........he embellished every routine stalemate block to appear as if he was being hit over the head with a steel chair in a WWF match...........showing no respect for the intelligence of others.

All time favorite was that game against the Steelers in Buffalo where he flails around and gets pancaked and lays on the ground with no one around him for 3 seconds waiting for a whistle before he realizes Ben broke contain then gets up to chase him.

The NFL is a tough, exploitive biz and most of the players get chewed up and spit out in exchange for their moments of glory..............but it's disrespectful to those that are trying to fake the effort.

Also like humility he shows wearing an Aaron Maybin jacket to school.    AAM...... too funny.

The humble, self-serving civil servant.:beer:

Glad some kids are benefitting from the comfortable life he's carved out in his nice neighborhood NEAR a bad neighborhood.

IMO he's still trying to wear a Big Hat without tending any actual cattle.............but at least it's not at anyone's EXPENSE this time.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Glad to see he went on to do  something more important than football. Good on him ?

not totally, he wasn't remotely up to playing in the NFL

doesn't make him a bad person, that's on the team rating and drafting him so highly

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hats off to Maybin finding his niche which is helping make a positive impact to those young ones—a winner at life even without finding success on the gridiron

I would say making the top 1% of his profession and making millions of dollars would qualify as success. But it’s a great story and he will be a great role model for young people.  I wish him a ton of success.

• Like (+1) 1