Chad Kelly arrested & charged with criminal trespassing; Cut by Broncos

YoloinOhio

Riddle us this: who took more crap from coworkers this monday - kelly or the homeowner guy?

Homeowner got their backup QB arrested after beating him with a vacuum cleaner for sitting on his sofa.

Kelly left teammate's party sideways, shared a family room with some stranger and yer child until her husband beat him up with a vacuum cleaner attachment.  

I think those two should go have a beer and share monday office horror stories.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Colorado Law FWIW

1. What is criminal trespass in Colorado?

1.1. First degree trespass -- 18-4-502 C.R.S.

18-4-502 C.R.S. provides:

A person commits the crime of first degree criminal trespass if such person knowingly and unlawfully enters or remains in a dwelling of another or if such person enters any motor vehicle with intent to commit a crime therein.

The keys to first degree trespass are:

• The property is someone's home, or
  • The property is someone's motor vehicle and you are entering it to commit a crime (such as auto theft).

Because these are places in which people are likely to be present, this is the most serious form of trespassing.

The "knowingly" is tough if someone is drunk.  I know people who have stumbled into wrong home after being dropped off by friends. In one case they had key for they used to live there and when they moved to new apartment next tenant never had lock changed.

The "remains" is bogus since you need to enter to remain so it is superfluous.

In this case it appears he stumbled into wrong home and the door was locked so no idea how he got in.  The story is incomplete and we should wait for facts to come out before convicted in social media.

1 hour ago, boater said:

Someone needs to be fired over drafting Chad Kelly NOW!!

I suspect the Bronco's Boards are raging. But really ought not be, Kelly was after all Mr. Irrelevant in the 7th round, oui?

The fire threads are out of control.  Anytime someone posts such a LAMP they should get a week detention (two weeks during bye week or off season) to stomp this fire out.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

A buddy of mine did that in college. He woke up to a lady and her grown son standing over him. And.....let’s just say.....I bet they threw that couch out. :sick:

Same thing happened to my brother-in-law.  Got black out drunk and tried to find his way back to his friend's pad.  Ended up at the elderly neighbors and woke up in the morning on her couch.  Lol.

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The "knowingly" is tough if someone is drunk.  I know people who have stumbled into wrong home after being dropped off by friends. In one case they had key for they used to live there and when they moved to new apartment next tenant never had lock changed.

In this case it appears he stumbled into wrong home and the door was locked so no idea how he got in.  The story is incomplete and we should wait for facts to come out before convicted in social media.

Posters asked questions about Colorado State Laws concerning trespassing and stand your ground.

I provided some answers.

I have not commented about Chad Kelly's situation with any speculations or opinions.

FTR

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Posters asked questions about Colorado State Laws concerning trespassing and stand your ground.

I provided some answers.

I have not commented about Chad Kelly's situation with any speculations or opinions.

FTR

I put my comments in a separate paragraph from those on the law; did not mean to imply you were speculating.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The fire threads are out of control.  Anytime someone posts such a LAMP they should get a week detention (two weeks during bye week or off season) to stomp this fire out.

Strongly agree. I was being facetious in my comment.

40 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Dunno exactly Colorado statutes but 'knowingly' probably denotes general intent, and thus voluntary intoxication probably isn't a defense. 'Remains' probably covers someone who stays beyond what's reasonably expected if they were initially invited into the dwelling. 

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Dunno exactly Colorado statutes but 'knowingly' probably denotes general intent, and thus voluntary intoxication probably isn't a defense. 'Remains' probably covers someone who stays beyond what's reasonably expected if they were initially invited into the dwelling. 

While this is probably true legally, it really depends how he acted in the process as to whether a prosecutor will pursue it seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hate it for that kid and the whole Kelly family—really thought he’d worked through his off-field issues already. Hope something good can still be salvaged from his incredible potential 

21 , 22 and got too “high” on something.  

Johnny football was waaaaay worse imo 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

While this is probably true legally, it really depends how he acted in the process as to whether a prosecutor will pursue it seriously.

I think the DA wrt trespass as defined by the guy who quoted Colorado law last page wouldn't be concerned with how he acted in flagrante to be honest. Sounds like he fulfilled the unlawful entry part, and it was private property so that's pretty much right on the standard. Whether a prosecutor takes trespassing seriously has more to do with a bunch of other things like how they feel the day it ends up on the docket, their particular caseload, whether they're Broncos fans, etc...legally it's pretty cut and dried imo.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think the DA wrt trespass as defined by the guy who quoted Colorado law last page wouldn't be concerned with how he acted in flagrante to be honest. Sounds like he fulfilled the unlawful entry part, and it was private property so that's pretty much right on the standard. Whether a prosecutor takes trespassing seriously has more to do with a bunch of other things like how they feel the day it ends up on the docket, their particular caseload, whether they're Broncos fans, etc...legally it's pretty cut and dried imo.

Always use the buddy system 

leave no friend behind