McBeane Confidence

McBeane  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

5 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I am cautiously optimistic.  Beane has made some moves that I initially did not agree with, but they later turned out to be smart moves.  This has been a difficult season, but one that we expected.

I am hopeful that we will start to see the team of the future start to come into focus next season.  IF we are not serious contenders for a playoff spot by the 2020 season, then it will be time to move on.

Your photo should be a caption this......."sorry June....I was a little hard on the Beav last night"

12 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

McDermott came in here with an I'm smart, wholesome..........

Then at the press conference the other day we realized he had herpes and gets treatment under the name Sean Mexico....

7lWFcAXbXm3GxEtt.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

turn what around? most everything that has happened is by design. this year is a wash, we all know it, yet some want to melt down about it and pretend McBeane meant to put a good complete team on the field this year.

This.

Yes, I think McD & Beane can improve the offense in the offseason such that we will notice a marked improvement in 2019.  2018 is a wash, folks.  Come to grips with that now.

...with 10 picks and FA $$$ for 2019 (still wonder how much cap space McBeane may defer to 2020), they certainly have the obvious personnel deficiencies AS WELL AS staff coaching deficiencies right under their collective noses.....sure the draft and FA will never be an exact science...BUT.....I think they better aim for a home run in 2019 for personnel and coaches, and settle for no less than a "three bagger".......SAME position next year as we are in now, namely "taking on water" may impede "job security"......then again, the continual turnstile/turnover approach with no real PROVEN rock stars on the horizon probably earns another year....."grass ain't always greener"......

Next spring there will be an opportunity to rebuild the team. They have the draft picks and the money. A once in a decade (or less) opportunity. I don’t have confidence that these guys will get it right. I wish they could get a guru to help with the task that they are facing. Not just any guru, the right guru, whoever that would be.

I predict massive melt downs on this forum next spring when the moves are being made and about half the posters will be hating every move, and many others will be saying wait and see.  It’s not likely that many will approve. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Next spring there will be an opportunity to rebuild the team. They have the draft picks and the money. A once in a decade (or less) opportunity. I don’t have confidence that these guys will get it right. I wish they could get a guru to help with the task that they are facing. Not just any guru, the right guru, whoever that would be.

I predict massive melt downs on this forum next spring when the moves are being made and about half the posters will be hating every move, and many others will be saying wait and see.  It’s not likely that many will approve. 

I agree with a lot of what you say here.  We got rid of supposedly "bad contracts" and I suspect that we are going to overpay to get guys in free agency given the state of the team (and/or get retreads from Carolina). It is going to be very interesting to see how the money is spent.

Also, giving up all of the assets that we did to draft Josh Allen, not making sure that we had a viable veteran QB on opening day, and surrounding our QBs (and Shady) with substandard linemen and WRs (in other words, mishandling the QB situation) do not give me much comfort either.  We (in my view) overpaid to obtain a very, very raw QB (who, if I recall correctly, was not even first team mountain west) and then threw him into the fire the way we did. Andy Reid and the Chiefs made sure to have Mahomes learn for a year even though Mahomes was much more ready than Josh to make the transition to the NFL it seems.

In the end, my fear is that we are going to have a repeat of the Tim Murray situation where we end up wasting a bunch of capital. And, if Josh Allen does not end up being the franchise QB that McBeane presumably believed him to be, we will have to start the process of looking for a QB all over again in a couple of years . . . . Rinse and repeat.

I am going to hope for the best, but I do not have a lot of confidence in either guy right now.

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

McDermott came in here with an I'm smart, wholesome and a no nonsense coach attitude.

He flexed his I'm in charge here muscles by ridding the locker room of video games, pool table and players not up to his standard.

His borrowed pearl of wisdom "culture over strategy" was meant to impress and buy time, but he's looking like a sad sack worse than Rex as time goes by.

You are right!  This approach definitely was total failure, look where it got him, 9-7 and in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

No not at all. Completely destroyed a competent offense literally overnight and gave the most important person in the organization no weapons and no vet QB to learn from, forcing him to play way before he was ready. 

Wait a sec!  A competent offense.....describe said competent offense once Wood left due to injury and Richie left to join the CIA?  Which the Bills had NO control over......enlighten us dude - we await your wisdom of said competent offense.  And PLEASE spare us the TT ramblings.....dude couldn't even hold his job for 2 games in Cleveland.  We await you...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

No not at all. Completely destroyed a competent offense literally overnight and gave the most important person in the organization no weapons and no vet QB to learn from, forcing him to play way before he was ready. 

You must be new to the NFL?

4 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Wait a sec!  A competent offense.....describe said competent offense once Wood left due to injury and Richie left to join the CIA?  Which the Bills had NO control over......enlighten us dude - we await your wisdom of said competent offense.  And PLEASE spare us the TT ramblings.....dude couldn't even hold his job for 2 games in Cleveland.  We await you...

No one but McBeane thought it was a good idea to initiate a pay cut for our all pro offensive left guard.

As for Wood, that happened at the very, very beginning of the off season.  These guys had more than enough time to figure that out.

P.S. A few names:

Robert Woods

Marquis Goodwin

Sammy Watkins

Cordy Glenn

Edited by Peter

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

McDermott came in here with an I'm smart, wholesome and a no nonsense coach attitude.

He flexed his I'm in charge here muscles by ridding the locker room of video games, pool table and players not up to his standard.

His borrowed pearl of wisdom "culture over strategy" was meant to impress and buy time, but he's looking like a sad sack worse than Rex as time goes by.

So is your post!

No. Instead of building on last year's momentum, they have continued to tear the team down to the point where they can't possibly fill all the voids. Draft picks are always a crap shoot, trades bring in flawed players, and quality free agents don't sign on with dead-end franchises. Where is the talent going to come from? Even if they draft very well, who is going to mentor the young players to become winners?

The only hope is if Josh Allen develops into the next Aaron Rodgers. Which is not looking likely. 

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

No one but McBeane thought it was a good idea to initiate a pay cut for our all pro offensive left guard.

As for Wood, that happened at the very, very beginning of the off season.  These guys had more than enough time to figure that out.

P.S. A few names:

Robert Woods

Marquis Goodwin

Sammy Watkins

Cordy Glenn

Or...they ended up getting rid of a about to lose it LG just in time.

We truly do not know what happened behind the scenes on that....he may have been showing signs of losing it prior to that?  We do know that he immediately lost it afterwords

• Like (+1) 1