Raiders now Shopping Derek Carr (?)

Raiders Shopping Derek Carr (?) Whats He Worth?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. If The Raiders are shopping Derek Carr Whats he Worth?

28 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Crynig is not a sign of a lack of mental toughness. Sheesh.

I mean, I don't disagree, but he didn't get hit that hard and he was sobbing like a baby.  I'd hire him to work at my law firm, but it's tough to lead a football team after something like that, it just is.

Point #1: There's simply no way that Beane goes for Carr. I'm sure he wants Allen to continue playing.

Point #2: Paying a QB that can't carry a team roughly $20 million is not a good place to be; this was one of the main reasons for moving on from Tyrod.

I don't think Carr ends up getting moved. The teams that would have interest in him either cannot afford him (Jags) or their picks are too valuable to trade for him (Giants). The only real possibility I see for a trade is if Oakland and Miami agreed to do a Foles-Bradford style swap and just swapped Carr and Tannehill but that's probably a longshot.

Edited by DCOrange

57 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I mean, I don't disagree, but he didn't get hit that hard and he was sobbing like a baby.  I'd hire him to work at my law firm, but it's tough to lead a football team after something like that, it just is.

I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. Whatever the reasons for the supposed "regression" in Carr (and he has still had 3 good games this season - I think particularly against Denver and Cleveland he played well) I don't think they are related to him crying.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. Whatever the reasons for the supposed "regression" in Carr (and he has still had 3 good games this season - I think particularly against Denver and Cleveland he played well) I don't think they are related to him crying.

No one is saying it affects his performance - the issue is whether his teammates still believe in him.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No one is saying it affects his performance - the issue is whether his teammates still believe in him.

But isn't the assertion that part of the struggles in performance are related to the confidence his guys have in him? I just don't buy it - that suddenly they saw him cry and thought "huh he can't be my Quarterback?" It doesn't ring true to me at all. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yikes.  Something about that family, they're just not mentally tough enough for the position.

Total BS. David Carr hung in as long as anyone could have expected for Houston. He got the hell beat out of him for 5 seasons behind garbage OLs. They never protected him with scheme either. Chris Palmer, the OC there, did the same thing to Tim Couch in Cleveland when he was HC.  It’s a lazy, false narrative.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The other thing to factor in - the toxic culture that Gruden is breeding that lets this sort of thing fester. I have a hunch that's part of what's going on.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:22 PM, H2o said:

He's worth a 2nd. Gruden has proven himself to be a complete idiot in his NFL return and has COMPLETELY destroyed the team Reggie built in less than 10 months. I would expect Miami to be all over this, maybe the Giants as well. 

Possibly Jax too

Miami paying to much for Tannehill already an over rated QB why spend even more for another over rated QB?

jax might as they have a running game but is he much of an upgrade over Bortles? Who also sucks.

giants — hahaha they are going #1 over all pick this year he may screw that up and win 2 games loo

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The other thing to factor in - the toxic culture that Gruden is breeding that lets this sort of thing fester. I have a hunch that's part of what's going on.

Maybe the owner is cash poor after Gruden contract and building a stadium in Las Vegas... they are stockpiling #1 picks right now. 5 the next two years. That’s a lot of trade capital.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:02 AM, joesixpack said:

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't give up ANY picks at this point. In fact, I'd be selling whatever I could for MORE picks.

Hey Joseph want to take another crack at reminding us what management has done with all these extra draft picks they acquire? You must have a better idea than an already established qb. If you forgot, a second rounder last year was Zay Jones so let me know!

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I honest to god see no way this thing gets turned around with these ***** in charge. Trading for Carr literally might be the 1 shot these guys have at changing things. Carr and Allen going into next year, is much different. 2 shots at finding a QB might actually restore some faith here. If this guy is really available, I think it would be the smartest thing the Bills could do. Again, I don’t like Carr that much but my god...compared to what we normally have? I don’t care what it means for THIS season. It’s the best move we can make for the next 3.

Exactly what would Carr be able to better in Buffalo that he hasn't been able to do very well in Oakland since 2016?