Raiders now Shopping Derek Carr (?)

Raiders Shopping Derek Carr (?) Whats He Worth?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. If The Raiders are shopping Derek Carr Whats he Worth?

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We need a proven QB, with the young defense that we have Carr would be perfect. Let Allen develop behind Carr and let the better QB win.

Two of the defensive keys, Kyle Williams and L. Alexander are ancient.  Not young. Jerry Hughes is not a spring chicken either.  "Defense is of average age, 

I can see why Gruden is doing what he is doing and that is to clear money for the team to bring in younger, cheaper players. The Raiders have a cap imbalance in that they have 100 million in offense and 52 million on the defense

The thing is that Gruden will never be happy with any QB unless he finds a Brainiac who can memorize a 1000 plays so when Gruden calls some obscure play he will know what it is that is being called.

This whole thing feels like another Chip Kelly debacle and I don't see Gruden in Oakland very long if that team doesn't win by next year.

9 hours ago, GoBills! said:

If we can pay 16 million for tyrod we can pay 22 mill for a guy who does win games, he is very up and down. But allen can sit all of next year as well. I'd send a 2nd rounder all day. You can cut him any time after this year with no Cap issues.

not only that, but ja is not having surgery now....and that doesn't mean he doen't need it or will need it in the future. there probably is now,   an opinion that he needs or will need it, which would kill an entire year at least. the bills should definitely make a move.

it would be nice if derek anderson had a gannon mvp type of year, but i doubt it.

Edited by billsredneck1

16 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

not only that, but ja is not having surgery now....and that doesn't mean he doen't need it or will need it in the future. there probably is now,   an opinion that he needs or will need it, which would kill an entire year at least. the bills should definitely make a move.

it would be nice if derek anderson had a gannon mvp type of year, but i doubt it.

On what basis are you making this projection regarding the probability of Allen needing to surgically repair his injury? Seems you are suspicious of the reports that indicate exactly the opposite.

Edited by Dr. Who

17 hours ago, H2o said:

He's worth a 2nd. Gruden has proven himself to be a complete idiot in his NFL return and has COMPLETELY destroyed the team Reggie built in less than 10 months. I would expect Miami to be all over this, maybe the Giants as well. 

Possibly Jax too

The Raiders sucked before Gruden got there too. Carr had one good year and hasn't been the same since.

Gruden is still an idiot for letting Mack go.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I checked out his contract and it is quite team  friendly after this year

I agree that it makes a lot of sense for him to go to the Giants..

100/1 odds of him coming to Buffalo..

Its friendlier than it looks because Oakland will assume some dead cap. 

Like when Dareus went to Jacksonville, his cap hit wasn’t $16M like in Buffalo. It was $10M for Jax. 

Just about $48M of Carr’s $125M was paid out already. That would leave just over $77M over 4 years. 

I am not sure on this, but I think that would make his cap hit $19.33M at most. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/derek-carr-14445/

Does anyone know know for sure how you figure out what his cap hit would be if traded?   I took $125M. Subtracted the $47,675,000 already paid, then divided the remaining money ($77,325,000) by 4 (yrs). 

53 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

On what basis are you making this projection regarding the probability of Allen needing to surgically repair his injury? Seems you are suspicious of the reports that indicate exactly the opposite.

well first there was the talk of tommy john surgery and how long that takes to overcome. although it was decided surgery was not needed at this time,

the injury to that particular ligament is the exact one that determines the tommy john thing. i hope he has a full recovery, but i have a feeling that it will take more time than stated.

plus the fact that it took a second opinion to wave the need for surgery would lead me to believe it was at least borderline.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

well first there was the talk of tommy john surgery and how long that takes to overcome. although it was decided surgery was not needed at this time,

the injury to that particular ligament is the exact one that determines the tommy john thing. i hope he has a full recovery, but i have a feeling that it will take more time than stated.

plus the fact that it took a second opinion to wave the need for surgery would lead me to believe it was at least borderline.

Okay. I am taking the second opinion (by Dr. Andrews, the usual expert they go to?) as ruling out what may have been considered borderline prior to the exam. You are taking the initial questionable nature of the injury to be a perduring issue. I hope your more negative assessment is incorrect. I think Josh Allen's current mood and body language from what I have seen indicates a more optimistic prognosis.

....trade a 2nd....lure his brother outta retirement......we could have dual (bumper) Carrs.....signed that big deal and ....whiff.........thinkin' Chuckie wants to sign Gannon.......and Plunkett as his backup....the "Great Train Robbery" pales in comparison to his "$100 Mil Heist".............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

What a strange twist of fate this would be for my Raiders fan brother. He is dumping the Raiders when they move to Vegas anyway but here is the irony if this trade were to occur. At the end of the 1966 season, the Bills shipped Daryle Lamonica off to Oakland. My brother (a huge fan of Daryle) started the 67 season as a Raiders homer. He actually moved to that area (for other reasons) and has been a season ticket holder for nearly 30 years. He is a big supporter of Carr and hates Davis and Chuckie. This would surely help his transition back to the Bills once the Raiders have skipped town!

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Okay. I am taking the second opinion (by Dr. Andrews, the usual expert they go to?) as ruling out what may have been considered borderline prior to the exam. You are taking the initial questionable nature of the injury to be a perduring issue. I hope your more negative assessment is incorrect. I think Josh Allen's current mood and body language from what I have seen indicates a more optimistic prognosis.

ok i hope it works out. having josh listed as week to week gives me a gut feeling that they'll kick that can down the road 4-6 weeks and by then this season could be determined.

just listening to wgr and read the carr thing and if there is the slightest hint that they may have to give josh the year with the headset on, then they gotta make a move soon.

i propose sending kb,  a 2nd next year and a 2nd 2020 for carr and cooper. good deal for both teams.

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

ok i hope it works out. having josh listed as week to week gives me a gut feeling that they'll kick that can down the road 4-6 weeks and by then this season could be determined.

just listening to wgr and read the carr thing and if there is the slightest hint that they may have to give josh the year with the headset on, then they gotta make a move soon.

i propose sending kb,  a 2nd next year and a 2nd 2020 for carr and cooper. good deal for both teams.

Some folks seem to think Carr's contract is too high, but from what I have heard, it is pretty manageable after this year. Then the problem becomes fitting in a 16M cap hit for this year. I don't know how you figure that one out. I think Carr has definitely regressed significantly. If he can return to form, that would be a good deal.

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

His best years were under Bill Musgrave who is currently the OC in Denver.

Apparently, Carr isn't a plug and play QB and there's ZERO chance Chuckles will let any offense but his own be ran.

This will not end well.

well if he gets his guys it might work out.