Peterman Could Play in Indy

billsfan_34

10 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I am uncertain what it would hurt to start him at this point. Our chances of making the playoffs this year are slim and none. His starting schedule has been sporadic. Start him three games in a row where he prepares for each opponent and see what you have. Maybe a light goes on, maybe the OC doesn't call plays that are not suited to him. Worst thing that happens is he explodes which gives us a better draft pick. No no no I am not a tank Advocate and never will be. But the season is lost and starting our 35 year-old old Mentor probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense at the end of the day.

Yeah this is where I'm at with it. I can't think of a single benefit of Anderson playing. I mean I would only start Peterman until Allen is recovered from the injury but that could be a game or 2 where he can just watch some film.

r447057_1296x518_5-2.jpg&w=768&h=307&sca

Mike Rodak - ESPN
Bills' Support of Nathan Peterman Approaches Absurd Level

The Bills love Peterman's character, but it's well past time for them to move on. If Josh Allen can't play next week, Derek Anderson should.

HOUSTON -- LeSean McCoy shook his head, pursed his lips and took six seconds to find the words to answer a question Sunday about how much remaining confidence the Buffalo Bills' offense had in quarterback Nathan Peterman.

"I still have a lot of confidence in him," McCoy eventually said. "We just gotta play better for him, make plays [and] make it easier for him to build some confidence within himself."

McCoy did his best to support his teammate after Peterman threw two more interceptions to doom the Bills in a 20-13 loss Sunday to the Houston Texans, but the Bills' rationalization of continuing to stick by Peterman has reached an absurd point.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

Honestly, if Anderson isn't ready to go I'd still rather have Peterman out there than expose Josh to any further humiliation and undue pressure. Allen is the investment that needs to be protected, so let's protect him. 

Plus, it's not like Josh is giving us a better chance to win right now. The only difference between the two is Bills coaches are dumbing down the offense to ridiculous degrees for Allen, and calling the most vanilla plays ever to minimize risk. They've allowed Peterman to take more risks and it's blown up in their faces in spectacular fashion. Outside of the Minnesota game, the results have been similar: an anemic offense and a bunch of Ls. 

Allen can come back when he's fully healthy and we're out of the playoff race so the focus can be more on his development rather than just winning.

Edited by VW82

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Remember when TT was the main problem with this team. 

Those were the Days my Friend !
I have come around to just letting Peterman have another shot. How much worse could he be really ?
and if he gets killed via the O line ? then it was meant to be.

I do not want to see Anderson injured.

so until Allen is Healthy enough. just put Nathan in there and hope for the best.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Its not like Bills have options.
Allen hurt

Anderson not ready to run the Offense yet.

sucks though.

and Bills still might win the game lol

Well, they did have options and made questionable choices.

all things equal, it’ll probably be pretty unreasonable around here next Monday no matter what so here’s to hoping it’s the crazy peterman fanatics celebrating 

3 hours ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Peterman makes mistakes but he also threw the first Bills TD in 13 quarters.  He is a solid backup QB.

i know, i don't get it. he can put on a classic 80 yd. drive for a score in 2 min. , but i think the problem is that he decided to make his brand by getting rid of the ball quick and it's bit him in the ass. i don't know if those 2  picks were due to play calling or the aforementioned,  but i'm a sucker and would love for nate to be able to come out in a game that wasn't affected by weather or desperation and see him operate. i think he can still be a frank reichish backup.i   just think there's more there. sorry...flame away

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Well, they did have options and made questionable choices.

all things equal, it’ll probably be pretty unreasonable around here next Monday no matter what so here’s to hoping it’s the crazy peterman fanatics celebrating 

how Bills put themselves in this position is one thing. and shortsighted. Shoulda kept AJM and let him start. Some one in the FO made an error indeed to not have 3 going into the season having just Drafted Allen.

I hope Peterman can manage a day against the Colts.
and hold the line till Allen comes back.

Once you started Allen, hard to turn back. Nor should they.

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i know, i don't get it. he can put on a classic 80 yd. drive for a score in 2 min. , but i think the problem is that he decided to make his brand by getting rid of the ball quick and it's bit him in the ass. i don't know if those 2  picks were due to play calling or the aforementioned,  but i'm a sucker and would love for nate to be able to come out in a game that wasn't affected by weather or desperation and see him operate. i think he can still be a frank reichish backup.i   just think there's more there. sorry...flame away

i might have thought the same. But the pick six killed any enthusiasm i might have . 

poor kid

7 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

*sigh*. It's saddening to see this defense (maybe 1 of the best Bills D in a long, long time) get wasted with the joke of an offense. Petermen and Allen both are not playing well, however,  I'd still rather see Allen if he can go. Feel like Allen is being wasted thus far also with the lack of any talent once so ever around him(besides Shady).

The Bills defense was good just 4 years ago...

What is it with these crap takes? They were top 3 when Orton was sliding behind the line of scrimmage

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

r447057_1296x518_5-2.jpg&w=768&h=307&sca

Mike Rodak - ESPN
Bills' Support of Nathan Peterman Approaches Absurd Level

The Bills love Peterman's character, but it's well past time for them to move on. If Josh Allen can't play next week, Derek Anderson should.

HOUSTON -- LeSean McCoy shook his head, pursed his lips and took six seconds to find the words to answer a question Sunday about how much remaining confidence the Buffalo Bills' offense had in quarterback Nathan Peterman.

"I still have a lot of confidence in him," McCoy eventually said. "We just gotta play better for him, make plays [and] make it easier for him to build some confidence within himself."

McCoy did his best to support his teammate after Peterman threw two more interceptions to doom the Bills in a 20-13 loss Sunday to the Houston Texans, but the Bills' rationalization of continuing to stick by Peterman has reached an absurd point.

Idk if you heard his post game, but it is maddening to me... Petermans post game. I'm starting to think he is diabolical. Coming out with this I'm a child of God and all this stuff.... Is he !@#$ing nuts? He injected religion into his post game, out of no where. Does he always do this in face to face interactions? I think he's playing McDermott.

Look I'm pretty strong in my faith. I respect most of those who are. But when you start going off rambling about your religion when asked about your job performance, I start to think you're nuts or you're whacked. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Those were the Days my Friend !
I have come around to just letting Peterman have another shot. How much worse could he be really ?
and if he gets killed via the O line ? then it was meant to be.

I do not want to see Anderson injured.

so until Allen is Healthy enough. just put Nathan in there and hope for the best.

Kinda like an offering to the football Gods sorta thing...

I sincerely don’t get it. It’s really the #1 thing that makes me question this regime right now, and if this happens I may go into full blown “F the process” mode.

Peterman does not belong in the NFL and I have to imagine that most teams would have dropped him long ago. To start him at this point is just insane. WTF are you trying to do McBeane? None of this should be about your ego’s at this point. If this truly happens, and fails again, then get them all out of here.