Fire Brandon Beane and McDermott

Klaista2k

7 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Total malpractice when it comes to the management of the most important position the field.

A competent front office would have cut ties with Peterman after the Chargers game last season.  The Bills front office named him this season's starter.

After the Ravens game, a veteran QB should have been signed. 

I don't know if they should be fired, but this loss is on them.  It was an unacceptable risk keeping Peterman on the roster. 

You don't cut a rookie QB because of one bad game in his rookie season. I'm not going to get on them for that. If he isn't cut here on out, then there is a problem. 

19 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Why is Peterman still on this roster? He sucks and doesn't belong in the NFL.

Yet these guys think he's good enough to be our backup?

These guys DO NOT know how to put a competent offense on the field. 

It's time to fire these guys and get a real coach and GM in Buffalo. 

Just shut up

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

McDermitt coached his butt off today- this loss is all on Peterman. No ones getting fired- simmer down. Cut Peterman and keep building this team. The D is just about built the offense needs alot of pieces.

McDermott is the only reason that Peterman is still on an NFL roster.

Everything good he does is undone by his management of the QB position. 

I loved the way the defense played today, but McDermott is accountable for keeping a player who has no business being an NFL QB on the roster.

21 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

The scary this about this regime is how pathetic the offense looks.

29 passing yards at half time. Are you kidding me?

We need to get a more offensive minded coach in Buffalo. 

In case you haven't noticed, Allen has not played well...his best play of the season was the "touch" pass on play action today. Aside from that, hes been pretty rough...which is to be expected this year

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

McDermott is the only reason that Peterman is still on an NFL roster.

Everything good he does is undone by his management of the QB position. 

I loved the way the defense played today, but McDermott is accountable for keeping a player who has no business being an NFL QB on the roster.

Are you sure McDermitt hasnt gone to Beane and said I want to cut Peterman? One thing is for certain- Peterman does have to go and both coach/gm has a huge spotlight on them now.

10 minutes ago, Lfod said:

At least Peterman threw a TD pass. I'm not saying he is good or anything but your hopes of winning that game came off a Nate Peterman touchdown pass. Up until that happened we were losing that game. At least Peterman gave a brief moment of we might win. 

Bipolar Daboll. Great play to take the lead, bad play to give the game away. 

The entire world knows that Peterman should NOT be throwing outside the numbers, yet the OC has him do just that, when they should either just run, or throw over the middle where hes not terrible...

11 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Maybe.

But if we fire two OC's in 2 season's that very concerning.

Show's that McDermott doesn't know how to find a good coordinator. 

Takes 2 to tango

10 minutes ago, boater said:

This isn't the stupidest post of the week.

The stupidest post of the week was the dude who wanted "fire someone now" because Mahomes was lighting up the league.

OP comes in second place to that.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

You said the loss is on Peterman. It's not his fault he !@#$ing blows and his coach still loves him and plays him. That's on the coach. 

QB’s with any clue know not to throw the ball in the flat with 1 defender behind and one in front- thats a pick six waiting to happen. Im not saying the coaches dont have some fault allowong this guy to suit up, but Peterman is a careless qb when the live rounds are firing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Are you sure McDermitt hasnt gone to Beane and said I want to cut Peterman? One thing is for certain- Peterman does have to go and both coach/gm has a huge spotlight on them now.

GM/coach relations run the gamut.  You have the Cowboys situation where Jerry is the defacto GM and the Garret has no real say.

Then you have the NE situation where Belichick is the GM/coach.

From what we seen,  Beane and McDermott look to be a true partnership. 

There is no doubt that McDermott has had faith in Peterman. He's the one who named him the season starter. I think Beane trusted McDermott and followed the coaches lead.

I think accountabilty for the management of the QB position is on them both.

This regime does so many things right but does the most stupid things any regime's ever done. 

It's like you have a genius sales manager that refuses to fire dingus over in client outreach losing every client he's ever met with.. and everybody knows it's killing your sales manager's career but he believes in Dingus!

Does that merit a firing? Probably not based on the good things they've done but step in Terry Pegula / CEO of weird genius sales manager stop letting them embarrass themselves.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

QB’s with any clue know not to throw the ball in the flat with 1 defender behind and one in front- thats a pick six waiting to happen. Im not saying the coaches dont have some fault allowong this guy to suit up, but Peterman is a careless qb when the live rounds are firing.

The point is that has ALWAYS been a fault of his. And yet McBeane keep trotting him out there. He should have been cut after week 1. I said he shouldn’t have made the opening day roster and yet McBeane say he stays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Easy McD Drafted him. McD has pull if he wanted him cut he would be

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No ****.

He shouldn't be in the league. For some reason McDermott loves him. His Peterman love cost him another victory today.

He was showing just why the staff has kept him, prior to that drive. 

That said, he's an extremely limited QB. DO NOT CALL THROWS OUTSIDE THE NUMBERS!!!

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The point is that has ALWAYS been a fault of his. And yet McBeane keep trotting him out there. He should have been cut after week 1. I said he shouldn’t have made the opening day roster and yet McBeane say he stays.

Shouldn't have been drafted.. whatever happened in the war room that day they must have been popping $20,000 Champaign celebrating the *draft steal of the century

*Worst pick of the century

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

This regime does so many things right but does the most stupid things any regime's ever done. 

It's like you have a genius sales manager that refuses to fire dingus over in client outreach losing every client he's ever met with.. and everybody knows it's killing your sales manager's career but he believes in Dingus!

Does that merit a firing? Probably not based on the good things they've done but step in Terry Pegula / CEO of weird genius sales manager stop letting them embarrass themselves.

McDermott is a great NFL DC.  Problem is that he's not the Bills' DC, he's the HC.

The HC has responsibility for offense, defense, and special teams (and nobody is talking about it, but McDermott's special teams are awful).

The Bills having a great defense isn't enough for McDermott.  As the head coach he needs to ensure the team addresses all it's short comings.  He needs to work with the GM and position coaches to deal with the roster talent, play calling, and stupid penalties.

I'd take McDermott as a DC every day of the week.  As a HC though, he has a lot to prove.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

...could we be seeing the effects of the azz backwards hiring hierachy at OBD?.....oddly, McDermott was hired first as HC........and Beane was next.......was it subject to McDermott's approval/selection?....plenty of comments how McDermott is an Andy disciple and idolizes him....does he also idolize the fact that ANdy is GM, HC AND Director of Personnel and expect the SAME power as a neophyte not even wet behind the HC ears yet?......I'm probably over the top here and not reading things right, but if McDermott DOES have that much power, we could see more of the same personnel wise on the horizon......with 10 picks in 2019 and $$$ in FA dollars, better get it straightened out ASAP........just a thought...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Sad 1

Just now, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

He was showing just why the staff has kept him, prior to that drive. 

That said, he's an extremely limited QB. DO NOT CALL THROWS OUTSIDE THE NUMBERS!!!

Let's get ourselves a QB going into week 1 that can make rudimentary throws!