The House of Saud at it again (Khashoggi disappearance)

Funny how dems are so upset about this, but never hear a peep

about mexicans getting literally mass slaughtered, including journalists...

What say you **** schumer

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's sad that the Turkish government is the one that is bringing the light to this whole thing. While Trump is praising a thug for physically attacking a journalist. 

I don't watch cnn so i missed that bit of (lol) news.

Yep.... The Saudis own his death now.  Its not pretty.  The excuse is extraordinarily thin.  Patsies have been arrested/killed.  

The King has stepped in to exert his authority over this mess.

Does this change our relationship with the Kingdom?  Not materially.  Expect Trump to tweet that he's happy that the King has taken responsibility and arrested the people responsible for this heinous crime.  The Saudis arrested will probably be given new identities and slip back into the public after their deaths have been 'arranged'.

Its not pretty and hopefully, the Saudis learn from this.

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It's sad that the Turkish government is the one that is bringing the light to this whole thing. While Trump is praising a thug for physically attacking a journalist. 

It's a ludicrous connection to make.  You can point out the hypocrisy with Trump generalizing that all Democrats are a mob (while it's just a sliver of people with nothing else better to do) while he praises a GOP congressman for attacking a journalist which he plead guilty to a misdemeanor for. 

A foreign government we're in bed with possibly killing a Washington Post reporter and chopping him into little pieces is completely different than a Congressman who lost his cool and bodyslammed a reporter.

Edited by Doc Brown

Yes, Saudi Arabia is aligned with us politically in the ME and a large part of our geopolitical plan there. We know that they are a strict and unbending society and routinely dish out harsh punishments to criminals and dissidents. It makes no sense for the Saudi government to sanction the killing and dismemberment of Khashoggi. If they wanted him dead they could have kidnapped him and rendered him to his homeland and dealt with him there. Something happened at the consulate that was unexpected and it was handled poorly. It would appear that Kashoggi's death was the result of something that went terribly wrong either by government agents or rogue actors, but not something that any reasonable government official would plan or condone.

Much of the civilized world is up in arms over this killing and yes it is tragic, but in the overall picture it means very little in comparison to all of the bad actor's acts in the Middle East. Hopefully our policies in the Middle East (that include Saudi Arabia's help) will eventually lead to less violence and more individual freedoms. Kashoggi's death, although tragic should be condemned but then put aside as we continue our quest to make the area more peaceful for millions.

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, Saudi Arabia is aligned with us politically in the ME and a large part of our geopolitical plan there. We know that they are a strict and unbending society and routinely dish out harsh punishments to criminals and dissidents. It makes no sense for the Saudi government to sanction the killing and dismemberment of Khashoggi. If they wanted him dead they could have kidnapped him and rendered him to his homeland and dealt with him there. Something happened at the consulate that was unexpected and it was handled poorly. It would appear that Kashoggi's death was the result of something that went terribly wrong either by government agents or rogue actors, but not something that any reasonable government official would plan or condone.

Much of the civilized world is up in arms over this killing and yes it is tragic, but in the overall picture it means very little in comparison to all of the bad actor's acts in the Middle East. Hopefully our policies in the Middle East (that include Saudi Arabia's help) will eventually lead to less violence and more individual freedoms. Kashoggi's death, although tragic should be condemned but then put aside as we continue our quest to make the area more peaceful for millions.

Agree and I'm a little dumbfounded by how much air time this story is getting.  He was a Saudi citizen, not an American right?  This really falls under the "we have bigger fish to fry" category IMO.  It's really none of our business unless we suddenly want to adjudicate every murder that happens on the globe. 

We have more meaningful and egregious murders happening here every day. 

Meanwhile $22T in debt and entitlement costs exploding - nobody is talking about that. 

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Agree and I'm a little dumbfounded by how much air time this story is getting. 

I've been thinking about this all week. I have little knowledge about Khashoggi, and when I initially saw his name showing up on Twitter, all I was able to gather was that this is a sometime journalist with deep ties to bad people who ended up sliced and diced and dead.

But the more I read, the more you see a pattern of why this is being covered so much. It's simply Trump's fault that a 'journalist' is dead.

Then this caught my eye...

Edited by LABillzFan

14 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I've been thinking about this all week. I have little knowledge about Khashoggi, and when I initially saw his name showing up on Twitter, all I was able to gather was that this is a sometime journalist with deep ties to bad people who ended up sliced and diced and dead.

But the more I read, the more you see a pattern of why this is being covered so much. It's simply Trump's fault that a 'journalist' is dead.

Then this caught my eye...

They started establishing this "The White House is complicit" narrative during the Kavanaugh hearings.  The State Department's been on the Saudis from the start to explain themselves, but the media didn't pick up on it until a week later, with "Why isn't the President doing anything?" stories that basically came down to "Trump hasn't done anything, because we haven't reported it, which proves he doesn't care!"

The news media in the US is worse than useless at this point.  

No media outcry over this detention (and possible death)... 

This should be illuminating to anyone who wonders about the biased nature of our corporate media establishment. They have long been on both the Saudi and Chinese payrolls through investments and advertisement... as well as Iran and "others". China, who is not a strategic partner of the US and is in fact a foe in many, many areas, gets a pass while the Kingdom, who's literally fighting side by side with the US against Islamic fascism across multiple regions, is made out to be worse than Stalin's regime. 

They think we're stupid. But we're not. Learn from this. 

33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No media outcry over this detention (and possible death)... 

This should be illuminating to anyone who wonders about the biased nature of our corporate media establishment. They have long been on both the Saudi and Chinese payrolls through investments and advertisement... as well as Iran and "others". China, who is not a strategic partner of the US and is in fact a foe in many, many areas, gets a pass while the Kingdom, who's literally fighting side by side with the US against Islamic fascism across multiple regions, is made out to be worse than Stalin's regime. 

They think we're stupid. But we're not. Learn from this. 

They don't think we're stupid, they think they have us under control with their angry npc mobs.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/16/2018 at 12:48 AM, joesixpack said:

A “journalist “ killed? I’m not losing any sleep over it.

I agree, we have anyone looking for the truth!

A fist fight. Right. 18-1, with a bone saw. 

Why is killing reporters is being normalized?

What the hell is happening?

17 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

No one's normalizing it.

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No one's normalizing it.

I’d love to believe you. I wish I could. But then I come across a bunch of posts here on this very board (not that that’s a representative sample size) that advocate for State TV and cheer on investigative reporters being killed by states when they get too close to the truth.

That’s where we are. 

We are finished. 

I do have to say, these posts will be useful artifacts to look back on when my kiddos get married and move on to successful careers.

This board’s posts capture the “angry white man” ex majority narrative better than I could ever articulate. Best bet is to just watch Gangs of New York to figure out what is happening.

Im a registered republican and have been since I was 18, but I have to wonder why my party wants so badly to find ways to deny Americans the right to vote.

That’s not too impressive...what are you afraid of? 

25 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

There’s an obvious solution to this problem. 

Welcome aboard. 

Yes, murder!

State TV for everyone!

8 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

People get killed.  Even reporters.  No one is "normalizing" it.  The question is why does the US have to do anything about it when it involves a Saudi citizen who was killed in another country?

• Like (+1) 3

I love how the NPCs didn't give a flying crap when Turkey was taking out journalists, but suddenly now care about the safety of the media when a Saudi Journalist is killed in Turkey.

It's almost like they're only outraged when told to be.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

I do have to say, these posts will be useful artifacts to look back on when my kiddos get married and move on to successful careers.

This board’s posts capture the “angry white man” ex majority narrative better than I could ever articulate. Best bet is to just watch Gangs of New York to figure out what is happening.

Im a registered republican and have been since I was 18, but I have to wonder why my party wants so badly to find ways to deny Americans the right to vote.

Yes, murder!

State TV for everyone!

Michael Hastings. What’s your take on his murder?

You were told to care about that case - right?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

I’d love to believe you. I wish I could. But then I come across a bunch of posts here on this very board (not that that’s a representative sample size) that advocate for State TV and cheer on investigative reporters being killed by states when they get too close to the truth.

That’s where we are. 

We are finished. 

2 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Yes, murder!

State TV for everyone!

So you're still drinking. Well, it is game day and drinking is probably required to watch what's about to go down...

3 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Yes, murder!

State TV for everyone!

5f5e467c2c94281142595ac946f3b0fd--drunk-

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

That’s where we are. 

We are finished. 

You'd love to believe me, but you'd rather listen to a minority of idiots.  What does that make you?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

People get killed.  Even reporters.  No one is "normalizing" it.  The question is why does the US have to do anything about it when it involves a Saudi citizen who was killed in another country?

Because the POTUS has interactions with Saudi leaders and therefore he uh....help kill some guy in Turkey.  Or something.

• Like (+1) 1