The House of Saud at it again (Khashoggi disappearance)

On 12/27/2018 at 2:32 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Not a journalist. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mzhemingway/status/1078334851105705984?s=21

Ask yourself why he's been framed as such by every outlet and talking head you can find. 

Then in remember who he represents. 

The enemies of this country are here. At home. And they have microphones and lie to you about their true masters and agendas. 

Trump vindicated, media is silent
by Don Surber

Original Article

Two months ago, Jamal Khashoggi was a thing. He died in Saudi Arabia´s embassy in Istanbul apparently painfully and slowly. The Washington Establishment went wacko and demanded President Trump break relations with Saudi Arabia for the death of Khashoggi, whom the elitists described as a journalist for the Washington Post. He wrote 20 columns for the paper. Now we know the rest of the story. Khashoggi was a propagandist for Qatar, the one gulf state that sides with Syria and Iran. A Saudi paper, Arab News, reported, "Washington Post subtly admits Khashoggi columns were ‘shaped’ by Qatar."

https://securitystudies.org/khashoggi-case-analysis-of-an-information-operation/

“Executive summary

The Turkish government successfully used an information operation to elevate the case of Jamal Khashoggi’s disappearance into a major international incident with strategic implications. The disappearance of Khashoggi is contemporaneous with the disappearance, and possible murder, of the head of INTERPOL, Meng Hongwe.

In one of these cases a highly visible individual with international position vanished without a trace and little fanfare; in the other a stunning amount of media coverage resulted in one of the largest news stories of the year. The US Secretary of State was personally dispatched to investigate, as was later the Director of Central Intelligence.

The difference in these cases is caused by the existence of the Turkish information operation (IO), and the absence of any similar operation attempting to push for Chinese accountability.

The Turkish government attained success through an adaptation of a Russian technique that the RAND Corporation calls the “Firehoses of Falsehood Propaganda Model.”1 In fact the “Falsehood” aspect of this model is dispensable; the model works much better if the information can be proven true, and still quite well if the information is merely not demonstrably false.

What is essential to the model used by the Turks and the Russians is the repeated injection of wild stories, not all at once but in controlled sequence. This creates a building effect similar to the increase of tension in a novel or screenplay. The audience comes to see attaining a resolution as necessary to their personal psychic well-being.

A major difference in the Russian model and the Turkish model is that the Russians tend to push their firehose narratives through propaganda outlets of their own creation. Although Turkish-language media supported and helped to drive the narratives, as did Arabic-language media controlled by Turkish ally Qatar, the main outlets that Turkish intelligence used to execute their operation were major Western English- language journalist outlets. This becomes clear upon an intensive study of the data.

While protecting the lives of dissidents and journalists are worthy goals, it is also important to a self- governing people to be able to recognize outside attempts to manipulate them or drive them to actions that may not align with their self-interest.

Some Western outlets, including the Washington Post, performed reasonably well at alerting their readers to the possibility that these stories were manipulative. Others, especially the New York Times, treated the successive firehoses as if they corroborated one another.

Better practices among journalists are necessary in order to ensure that similar operations in the future do not overwhelm clarity of thought in our political process.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

https://securitystudies.org/khashoggi-case-analysis-of-an-information-operation/

“Executive summary

The Turkish government successfully used an information operation to elevate the case of Jamal Khashoggi’s disappearance into a major international incident with strategic implications...

In the end, all the Turks accomplished was tipping the Saudis off that their consulates are compromised. No one is going to remember Khashoggi in 6 months.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I can’t figure out what the deal is wish Kashogi or however the hell ya spell it. Since when is Haj killing Haj major news?

He was a "journalist" who was killed because the Saudi Prince was emboldened by Trump's anti-media tweets. Or something.

Either way, ORANGE MAN BAD!

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

He was a "journalist" who was killed because the Saudi Prince was emboldened by Trump's anti-media tweets. Or something.

Either way, ORANGE MAN BAD!

Whoever he was, he ain’t worth turning into a Franz Ferdinand. 

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Somebody's been watching WWI documentaries

Hardly. However I am re-reading The Last Lion series. I’m to the Dardanelle fiasco right now so the war is on the brain. My two favs are Caesar and Churchill. Both worthy of extreme adoration. I continually come back to both. Further, WWI is my special interest. I consider it the most horrific war ever fought and it holds a special place in my heart. 

29 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Hardly. However I am re-reading The Last Lion series. I’m to the Dardanelle fiasco right now so the war is on the brain. My two favs are Caesar and Churchill. Both worthy of extreme adoration. I continually come back to both. Further, WWI is my special interest. I consider it the most horrific war ever fought and it holds a special place in my heart. 

Was it the mustard gas?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Was it the mustard gas?

Gas

Airplanes

Submarines

Zepplins

Tanks

Trench warfare 

Flamethrowers 

Did you know what the Red Barron was when the war started? He was a lancer. As in a guy on a horse with a lance. 

Imagine being a Tommy at the Somme. You go over the top and start walking. You can’t see the enemy trench, the grass is too tall. Then your buddy goes down. Then you go down, and from a machine gunner who can’t even see you. 

The generals didnt know how to fight in tandem with their new technology. That and “Plan 17” was just so awful. 

Many, many reasons. Most horrific war ever fought. Napoleonic tactics with modern weapons. 

Edited by The_Dude

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Probably the Ottomans.  Damn hajis.

I wish so badly Constantinople was retaken and the Turks were pushed out of Europe. Oh well. There’s always the next war. 

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

I thought he made pizza

That was before the war. 

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Gas

Airplanes

Submarines

Zepplins

Tanks

Trench warfare 

Flamethrowers 

Did you know what the Red Barron was when the war started? He was a lancer. As in a guy on a horse with a lance. 

Imagine being a Tommy at the Somme. You go over the top and start walking. You can’t see the enemy trench, the grass is too tall. Then your buddy goes down. Then you go down, and from a machine gunner who can’t even see you. 

The generals didnt know how to fight in tandem with their new technology. That and “Plan 17” was just so awful. 

Many, many reasons. Most horrific war ever fought. Napoleonic tactics with modern weapons. 

Red Baron

Edited by 3rdnlng

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Gas

Airplanes

Submarines

Zepplins

Tanks

Trench warfare 

Flamethrowers 

:lol:  You're an idiot.

Go Dev Null! 

The worst (or maybe best) part is the moronery that is the the literal GOP playbook for winning national elections. This is what the current day Republican party is reliant upon to capture the electrical collage. The more muralesque paintings of non college grads from the middle of the US that we can depict the more likely we are to tell people they have to die rather than blow their life savings to try to see their grandchildren’s second Christmas.  

Can’t have a black guy lead us to a better future, right?

The latest is that that they only had 1.7 million saved and so therefore the rest  deserved to die because you know, money over life baby!

left my lifelong registration last year due to the official highjinxery going on in this embarrassing clown show of a party

Edited by Thurmal34

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 8:03 PM, The_Dude said:

Meh. 

You can spell it. I can lecture on it. 

I still screw up chose and choose on the regular. 

a single 'o' is pronounced like 'o'. a double 'o' is pronounced like 'u'.

your welcome.

Edited by Foxx

• 4 weeks later...

The Trump administration declined Friday to submit a report to Congress determining whether Saudi Arabia’s crown prince is personally responsible for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Senators had asked for the finding by Friday, with an eye to imposing new human rights sanctions on Saudi Arabia over the journalist’s Oct. 2 killing inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-declines-to-submit-report-to-congress-on-khashoggi-killing/2019/02/08/fdab7f96-2bd4-11e9-984d-9b8fba003e81_story.html?utm_term=.04558c785b91

Hide, stonewall, lie...That's the story of this corrupt administration 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, are we still pretending to care about and be outraged by a Saudi who was killed by other Saudis in the Saudi consulate in Turkey?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Oh, are we still pretending to care about and be outraged by a Saudi who was killed by other Saudis in the Saudi consulate in Turkey?

Caring that our president is cozying up to and financially linked to these murderers, yes. 

I totally understand you don't care 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Funny, Tibs, you didn't care at all about Obama "cozying up to and financially linked" to the killers in Tehran... 

When you don't have principles, you sound silly when the partisan attacks inevitably boomerang (as partisan issues always do). 

Well, trying to stop Iran from getting a nuke is a little more important to the world than Trump trying to corruptly line his pockets with Saudi money, right? I mean, seriously. 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, trying to stop Iran from getting a nuke is a little more important to the world than Trump trying to corruptly line his pockets with Saudi money, right? I mean, seriously. 

Shockingly incorrect. 

44 was paying off Iran to the tune of billions (in cash), calling off the DEA and FBI from shutting down narcotic and human trafficking routes run by Hezbollah into the United States, selling out classified intelligence of our allies (Stuxnet), all to placate a regime while it's actively killing and engaging our troops on the ground in both Iraq and Syria - all to get a deal signed that would do nothing but accelerate Iran's nuclear program

Meanwhile, the Saudis (who I've railed against for years on this site) have for the past several years been our staunchest ally in the region in the war against extremism (of both the Sunni and Shia variety). 

One of these things is not like the other. One is legitimate treason. 

The other is fake news.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Shockingly incorrect. 

44 was paying off Iran to the tune of billions (in cash), calling off the DEA and FBI from shutting down narcotic and human trafficking routes run by Hezbollah into the United States, selling out classified intelligence of our allies (Stuxnet), all to placate a regime while it's actively killing and engaging our troops on the ground in both Iraq and Syria - all to get a deal signed that would do nothing but accelerate Iran's nuclear program

Meanwhile, the Saudis (who I've railed against for years on this site) have for the past several years been our staunchest ally in the region in the war against extremism (of both the Sunni and Shia variety). 

One of these things is not like the other. One is legitimate treason. 

The other is fake news.

No, actually it was a nuclear deal that is still working. Good job Obama!