The House of Saud at it again (Khashoggi disappearance)

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed for the most part - and it's posts like this that make me want to suggest you take an honest look at the changes to US foreign policy since Trump took over despite your feelings about the man. He ran on changing precisely that long standing, bipartisan agenda. And now he's made tremendous strides to achieve what he campaigned on. It's why he's such a threat to both sides and the media. It's why the coverage is 94% negative and the comparisons to Hitler began on day one (despite no evidence of his policies/leadership being in any way fascist or repressive to civil rights/liberties). America First isn't isolationist, it isn't even nationalist as much as it is about changing that exact agenda.

Really smart men and women who spent their lives fighting for this country realize the truth of what you said above - and it's why they are working with Trump to change it despite the tremendous risk. The last president who so blatantly attempted to buck this bipartisan agenda wound up shot in Dallas. 

I guess we'll have to see the end results. Thus far I don't (not can't) see a marked difference in approach, only tone. A good start would be drawing down our ridiculous proxy w/ Russia via Iran in Syria. It's out of control imo. There are reports of US troops taking deliberate fire from Turkish backed fighters while patrolling areas in conjunction with the Turkish military. While conducting joint patrol operations with Turkey. From my point of view there is no plan, just the continuation of bad policies. The Kashoggi thing may be related tangentially, but the war in Syria is now well and truly in 'not our fight' territory. 

I know you think I'm not seeing the bigger picture. I'm trying to evaluate based solely on the evidence available to me. So when 44 assassinates a US citizen and his 16 year old son in Yemen and then 45 kills his 8 year old daughter and 7 other children...I have a hard time seeing the kind of change you're alluding to. I'd like to think when/if it happens I'll be able to recognize it.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, keepthefaith said:

How exactly are people being denied the right to vote? 

Easy to see what happened in Georgia. Polling places closed, voting machines supplied with no power cords and dying off battery with four hour lines, voting machines in minority districts being left in the back, people showing up to vote and being told they already voted provisionally, people casting absentee ballots and them sitting uncounted at first. 

The Secretary of State (running for gov) refusing to recuse himself. 

This is stuff if plain as day for anyone with an unbiased set of eyes and a sense of right and wrong.

10 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Easy to see what happened in Georgia. Polling places closed, voting machines supplied with no power cords and dying off battery with four hour lines, voting machines in minority districts being left in the back, people showing up to vote and being told they already voted provisionally, people casting absentee ballots and them sitting uncounted at first. 

This is stuff if plain as day for anyone with an unbiased set of eyes and a sense of right and wrong.

051317_clemin_squirrel_med_ioqtwj0p.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Like Florida, Georgia's election would warrant international observers if Georgia were a foreign country.

But you still have to go a ways further to prove all that was malicious voter oppression rather than sheer incompetence.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Like Florida, Georgia's election would warrant international observers if Georgia were a foreign country.

But you still have to go a ways further to prove all that was malicious voter oppression rather than sheer incompetence.

Hmmmn, I wonder who runs the local polling places? Is it possible that they are local people from the very same precinct?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Hmmmn, I wonder who runs the local polling places? Is it possible that they are local people from the very same precinct?

Of course not.  They're all run through a series of shell companies that trace back ultimately to a St. Petersburg professional services company in which the Koch Brothers own a controlling stake.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is either acceptable?

(As I've been saying, this is spy v spy stuff, not an innocent journalist being killed by a dictator-in-waiting)

The spin is so fast, so hard on this story it should be illuminating to everyone paying attention. If you step back from the emotional manipulation being attempted by the media ("it's a human rights violation!") and look at it dispassionately, it's easy to see the strings being pulled. 

The next question to ask is who's pulling the strings and why. 

Honing your own discernment is key. Questioning everything you're reading in MSM outlets is paramount. This is a (dis)information war and we're all combatants whether we recognize it or not.

• Like (+1) 1

You've got to give some credit to the msm. They've yet again taken a situation that no one cares about, with implications that no one knows about, and they have many millions of people so emotionally invested in the story that they think they're upset about how it's being handled. Their ability to manipulate minds is impressive.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, 3rd Inning said:

You've got to give some credit to the msm. They've yet again taken a situation that no one cares about, with implications that no one knows about, and they have many millions of people so emotionally invested in the story that they think they're upset about how it's being handled. Their ability to manipulate minds is impressive.

No one ever cared this much about Daniel Pearl, did they?

On 11/22/2018 at 3:23 PM, Thurmal34 said:

Ah yes, yet another round of "Republicans closed polling places and rigged the machines in districts that are completely controlled by Democrats" theory.  That's a oldie and a goodie from 2000 and 2004.   

What, no charges of Republicans "intimidated voters" in neighborhoods that are 90% black this time?

I mean, if that’s where you want to hang your hat, we’ll judge you later. 

16 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Drunk-squirrel.jpg

Did you want a personal history lesson on how that played out?

Or is it more impactful for you to ignore history and hide behind squirrels?

12 hours ago, 3rd Inning said:

Ask yourself what the reaction would be if everything was exactly the same except the President were a Democrat.

Ask yourself, and try to be honest, how different the comments and perspectives would be.

MSM would say it's the downside of doing business with an evil regime for the greater good. 

Fox News and talk radio would be hammering Democratic president of being weak and cozying up to dictators.  Also, whining about MSM lack of coverage.

Rand Paul would make fiery speech on the Senate floor.

Possible Republican House investigations into the matter if it was the president's first term.

DR questioning accuracy of CIA intelligence.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

I mean, if that’s where you want to hang your hat, we’ll judge you later. 

Did you want a personal history lesson on how that played out?

Or is it more impactful for you to ignore history and hide behind squirrels?

sleep it off sloshed squirrel

drunk-squirrel.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) is making it clear who is telling the truth. “The top Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee on Friday accused President Donald Trump of lying about the CIA’s report that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman personally ordered the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. . . . When asked if the President was lying about the CIA’s conclusion, Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Jack Reed said, ‘Yes. The CIA concluded that the crown prince of Saudi Arabia was directly involved in the assassination of Khashoggi.'”

So, are we still pretending to be outraged over a Saudi "journalist" who was killed in a Saudi consulate by other Saudis, and that it is somehow Trump's fault for not immediately cutting all diplomatic ties with Saudi Arabia?

When are we scheduled to move on to the next irrelevant thing we're supposed to be outraged about?