What I'd do to see a fun entertaining high scoring Bills game...... Will it happen???

Please no more winning ugly.  Yep 1-2/yr is okay, but every week to watch this offense struggle, no creativity or wanting to move the ball downfield is makes it almost impossible to watch.  85 yards passing, 19 attempts and 1 TD in two weeks is unwatchable.  I feel sorry for the fans who pay money and am thankful I can tape the game, have Picture in Picture on, switch to the NFL network and watch while on a bike getting exercise and reading too.....

Does the Bills front office & coaches pay no attention to the fact that every winning team does it with an offense capable of moving the ball, throwing for 350+ (used to say 300, but 400 now easily done)?

Yep before I get the stoopid responses "Then don't watch", unfortunately the Bills have been my team for 48 years and I will keep watching, however I am now having nightmares of Joe Ferguson and his 15 pass attempts/game.....

This is 2018 not 1973...... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Please no more winning ugly.  Yep 1-2/yr is okay, but every week to watch this offense struggle, no creativity or wanting to move the ball downfield is makes it almost impossible to watch.  85 yards passing, 19 attempts and 1 TD in two weeks is unwatchable.  I feel sorry for the fans who pay money and am thankful I can tape the game, have Picture in Picture on, switch to the NFL network and watch while on a bike getting exercise and reading too.....

Does the Bills front office & coaches pay no attention to the fact that every winning team does it with an offense capable of moving the ball, throwing for 350+ (used to say 300, but 400 now easily done)?

Yep before I get the stoopid responses "Then don't watch", unfortunately the Bills have been my team for 48 years and I will keep watching, however I am now having nightmares of Joe Ferguson and his 15 pass attempts/game.....

This is 2018 not 1973...... 

I'd hate that b/c it implies you didn't enjoy the Vikings game b/c they did not score. Shaky defense gets on my last nerve, and my nerves are precious and dwindling.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought it was a good defensive battle between 2 very similar team's. We won a hard fought game against a 3-1 team, not sure what the problem is, were facing playoff caliber team's now since we made the playoffs last year with a freaking rookie QB who was said to be too raw to start right away, it really is a miracle that were 2-3. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I thought it was a good defensive battle between 2 very similar team's. We won a hard fought game against a 3-1 team, not sure what the problem is, were facing playoff caliber team's now since we made the playoffs last year with a freaking rookie QB who was said to be too raw to start right away, it really is a miracle that were 2-3. 

That's a really good point. I know teams often "look" different from year to year, as far as looking at the schedule before the season goes, but the Bills are a playoff team that took a significant step back WRT the roster. They have a new, raw rookie QB, 3 new full time offensive linemen, and are weaker at WR (Matthews when healthy and Thompson were servicable enough). Yeah, it sucks seeing your team struggle in certain ways, especially so bad on offense, but wasn't this kind of expected to some extent?

Again the point is the Bills drafted Allen as the future and need to develop thus.  19  pass attempts/game, no creativity, minimal talent and putting him in bad situations is not helpful.  Only an idiot would not acknowledge the need to have an offense that people respect and are concerned to play against.

It took Sean McVay's hiring to turn Goff into a QB, so lay the blame where it belongs on the Coach & FO. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

"a fun entertaining high scoring Bills game"

Two Big IFs:

IF Allen can hit Foster (and/or McCloud) on the long pass,

IF Foster (and/or McCloud) can catch them,

the offense will start to open up for the young QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I’d love it if football went back to the same rules as the 90’s. I’m not nearly as excited for the National Pin Ball league. A few more years of everyone passing for 400 yards a game and people will complain. 

I may be in the minority, but I think the dramatic increase in passing offense is not a result of the rule changes, but rather the fact that modern nfl coaches understand that, as a general rule, passing is a much better way to move the football and score points than running.  They have put more emphasis on throwing the ball and developing innovative passing concepts. I don’t think yards per attempt have gone up dramatically in the past 20 years, but the number of attempts certainly has.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I may be in the minority, but I think the dramatic increase in passing offense is not a result of the rule changes, but rather the fact that modern nfl coaches understand that, as a general rule, passing is a much better way to move the football and score points than running.  They have put more emphasis on throwing the ball and developing innovative passing concepts. I don’t think yards per attempt have gone up dramatically in the past 20 years, but the number of attempts certainly has.  

Pretty much spot on, along with rules that aid the offense.  I swear this staff breaks out tapes from the 70's to prep and put in the game plan.

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

Uhh check out completion percentages since the rule changes. YPA also has gone up but the important stat you forgot about was completion percentage. The game has changed dramatically. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is some weak ass trolling.

No just wish I could watch a game that has some offence and back & forth.  Quit pointing out the anomaly that was the Vikings game where the Bills didn't even have 300 yards TOTAL offence, and scored 27 of the 63 they've put up this year.