Fear of Roughing penalty led to Hughes not finishing sack

YoloinOhio

Players need to adjust... at least this year. Next time he - and the others - should basically hold him still till other players arrive as then the refs will blow the whistle. Dumb rule? Yeah but since it's there, adjust. Lesson learned but they should have actually practiced that. It's not in the Process?

Total BS, Jerry.  

He hugged the guy and then immediately turned around and started to walk away.  You wait for the whistle, champ.  Looked like a fool on that play.  

If he was stopped by the mere THOUGHT of a penalty, well, he's the first guy so far in the NFL that has been affected in this way.  

Not buying it.

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

The liberal NFL-don't hurt anybody, keep everything safe, and hand out participation trophies. It's slowly ruining the game. What's next-they stop keeping score so nobody's feeling get hurt and everybody "wins?"

Lmao bro, that’s conservatism. They don’t want to lose their 50mil+ investment. Liberal lmao. If the league were liberal they’d let them play with no padding and probably roll back the ty law rule. 

Oh wait, you’re a moron who equates politics to everything in life without realizing the actual non political definition of what liberalism and conservatism actually is. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Total BS, Jerry.  

He hugged the guy and then immediately turned around and started to walk away.  You wait for the whistle, champ.  Looked like a fool on that play.  

If he was stopped by the mere THOUGHT of a penalty, well, he's the first guy so far in the NFL that has been affected in this way.  

Not buying it.

4 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Lmao bro, that’s conservatism. They don’t want to lose their 50mil+ investment. Liberal lmao. If the league were liberal they’d let them play with no padding and probably roll back the ty law rule. 

Oh wait, you’re a moron who equates politics to everything in life without realizing the actual non political definition of what liberalism and conservatism actually is. 

Except for five years straight Jerry Hughes has played to the whistle more than any other player on either side of the ball. It's not even close. He's the hardest worker we have, even more than Kyle. 

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Except for five years straight Jerry Hughes has played to the whistle more than any other player on either side of the ball. It's not even close. He's the hardest worker we have, even more than Kyle. 

Diesnt change the the fact that he looked foolish on that play.  He got deked.  He wasn’t looking around cringing for a whistle.

21 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Tyrod Taylor 9th Pro Bowl alternate?

I suppose, if you think being an alternate QB to the Pro Bowl is a "trophy."

I think the Lombardi trophy is a trophy. 

3 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

The liberal NFL-don't hurt anybody, keep everything safe, and hand out participation trophies. It's slowly ruining the game. What's next-they stop keeping score so nobody's feeling get hurt and everybody "wins?"

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

That's why I only drink pure rain water!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

It has nothing to do with politics. It's a CYA move for the inevitable lawsuits. The NFL wants to be able to say they don't condone head injuries. 

Also, someone thinking that billionaire NFL owners are liberals is frickin hilarious.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

The next step is a 'me too' campaign for bad QBs. 

'I was sacked by Jerry Hughes, and I'm not staying quiet anymore!'

• Haha (+1) 1

In the world of slippery slope arguments, that one represents an 89-degree decline on an oily Teflon surface.

4 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Well we would make the playoffs more so I'm in.

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Also, someone thinking that billionaire NFL owner's are liberals is frickin hilarious.

They are, Man. I saw Jerry Jones at a Greenpeace meeting last month.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Looked to me like Hughes thought Mariotta got the pass off.  Still, he was being extra cautious with the contact.  Needs to wrap up there regardless.

You have a point there. I mean he’d never admit to it but it could be true. He had him in a bear hug. All he had to do was continue holding him in a bear hug until the ref blew the whistle. He literally just let him go. 

• Like (+1) 1