WR Rishard Matthews Done in Tennessee - Signed by the Jets

26CornerBlitz

7 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Matthews dropped one of  sixty six catchable balls last year. Notice where these balls are placed before ripping a qb on his accuracy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdI6FXHSto

Seen all I need to see .... please bring him in and cut Benjamin

Too bad. Walking out the way he did is a sign of weakness and lack of character. I finish every job contract I've had even when it means sacrificing my good for the good of the project or sacrificing for my team so they can move ahead.  That's not "the process" and I don't think it will be welcomed here, especially after V Davis. Sad, because we could use him, especially if he's motivated.

Edited by BillsRdue

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Too bad. Walking out the way he did is a sign of weakness and lack of character. I finish every job contract I've had even when it means sacrificing my good for the good of the project or sacrificing for my team so they can move ahead.  That's not the process and it will not be welcomed here. 

What about when the Bills release players?  That seems to be okay as part of the process. ;)

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

What about when the Bills release players?  That seems to be okay as part of the process. ;)

TN did not release him. He walked into the office, requested a release. When he didn't get it, he didn't show up to practice.As far as I know, he is sitting at home and still on a roster. I edited the comment to better reflect my thoughts. We could use those hands, especially with crappy KB the drop machine.  I'm just not sure the Bills will want to go on a limb to alter their team chemistry. 

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

TN did not release him. He walked into the office, requested a release. When he didn't get it, he didn't show up to practice.As far as I know, he is sitting at home and still on a roster. I edited the comment to better reflect my thoughts. We could use those hands, especially with crappy KB the drop machine.  I'm just not sure the Bills will want to go on a limb to alter their team chemistry. 

The point is players get released on a regular basis as teams look to improve and somehow it's terrible for a player to ask for his release in order to look for a better situation on another team. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Too bad. Walking out the way he did is a sign of weakness and lack of character. I finish every job contract I've had even when it means sacrificing my good for the good of the project or sacrificing for my team so they can move ahead.  That's not "the process" and I don't think it will be welcomed here, especially after V Davis. Sad, because we could use him, especially if he's motivated.

I agree, but I also think this NFL is a different industry and really doesn’t reflect the real world. NFL owners commonly terminate player contracts well before they are over. So, a player should be able to do the same. That said, I won’t defend Vontae Davis. I don’t think a team has never cut a player during half-time. No player should ever quit during a game. That Davis did this makes me question Beane/McD’s ability to judge character. And Davis wasn’t the first player who got up and quit on them. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I agree, but I also think this NFL is a different industry and really doesn’t reflect the real world. NFL owners commonly terminate player contracts well before they are over. So, a player should be able to do the same. That said, I won’t defend Vontae Davis. I don’t think a team has never cut a player during half-time. No player should ever quit during a game. That Davis did this makes me question Beane/McD’s ability to judge character. And Davis wasn’t the first player who got up and quit on them. 

Contracts are terminated because it is allowed in contract and most have some sort of signing bonus.

In real world if you are given signing bonus (or moving expenses) you need to stay a certain period of time or need to repay it.

Same thing as with mortgages with early exit clauses - I own mortgage and less than one year after purchaser bought property asked to be able to pay it back and I said sure, there is prepayment penalty.  I was not just going to release and lose thousands of dollars.

NFL players need to adjust to the real world.

I would be all for it, like the guy said he’s been the leading pass catcher there for two years, was hurt in camp and they used it as an excuse to bench him and see what they have in the younger guys. I can see his point why he would want to be let go, he signed thinking he’s a starting receiver there, didn’t lose his job just had some preseason injuries to mend up. Then finding out you’re not even starting has to suck. We could use someone who WANTS to be out there earning their paycheck 

Seeing the Patriots work out almost all FA receivers, I think they Bills should at least give him a look. The fact that he wants to be out on the field and getting stuff thrown to him is already an upgrade from KB's lackluster effort. 

• Like (+1) 1