The Rosen Era Has Begun in Arizona

26CornerBlitz

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Zona running game showing signs of life vs. Seahawks, possibly due to CPR provided by Rosen.  Close to 100 yds rushing I think, altogether.  Pretty classic - deep incompletion by Rosen (good throw, dropped) - 1st down by penalty - then run.

26CB is correct, they did max protect for Rosen at times, but (unlike some team dear to my heart *cough* Bills *cough*) they were salty and effective at it.   Rosen also maneuvered his way out of trouble and ran effectively a couple of times.  Methinks his immobility may have been overstated.  Has Larry Fitz always been used over the middle like that and asked to take those bone-crunching hits?  OMG they're gonna get that guy killed.

Favorite call: Near the end of the first half.  "False start ..... everybody but the center..."  ??

Does anyone else think Russ Wilson just has the neatest slide in the NFL?  It's just a pleasure to watch him.

Anyway, Zona-Seahawks was a fun game to watch.  I used it as a snack to reward myself for grinding my way through a Bills possession on all-22.

I don't like saying that, even though it's true.

5 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I think it's a safe bet that Mahomes and Rosen will both be better than Allen.

Thanks Pegula you !@#$ing idiot. 

So are you just that miserable that you feel the need to go on these boards and sh*t on everything and anything related to bills? Go be a Cardinals/Chiefs/Jets fan then. Or just go away.. 

Your brand of troll is boring.

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

We REALLY need downvoting here.

he's one of the leftovers from the bbmb.  he was terrible then, and is terrible for now.  same threads, same attitude, and the moment the bills win another game, he'll completely disappear.

9 hours ago, bills11 said:

you know who else is an arrogant prick ...aaron rodgers..i hope the bills arent drafting based on personality alone.

What's your point?    Over half of TSW are arrogant pricks.    Probably the same percentage as the general population.

Calling someone an arrogant prick has lost all meaning when every other person is one...

11 minutes ago, teef said:

he's one of the leftovers from the bbmb.  he was terrible then, and is terrible for now.  same threads, same attitude, and the moment the bills win another game, he'll completely disappear.

I'm going to beg management for downvoting. I know this board's software has that mechanism.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does anyone else think Russ Wilson just has the neatest slide in the NFL?  It's just a pleasure to watch him.

One might think Wilson played some baseball at some point. ? Not a bad attribute for an NFL QB to have.

I thought Rosen looked pretty good. With Allen I thought we got the bigger, stronger guy that would stand up to the rigors of the NFL. But as I watched the game and thought of the new sack rule that has put a red shirt on the QB, I am thinking this may not be as big an issue now for Rosen.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hahaha I thought QB coach Byron Leftwich was supposed to be trying to kill Rosen by now:

" “Byron in about a week will probably want to take a poke at him,” this insider continued. “He’s from f—ing D.C., and he ain’t having a cake eater walk in and act like an a–h—.”

People and their Rosen hot takes in the face of coaches and teammates who have said he's never been so in the locker room.

The Arizona Cardinals are 0-4, but I think the Seattle game is the kind of game I envisioned for the Bills to have in a losing season: a hard-fought game with some bright moments, some tough drops, no killer mistakes by the QB (1 sack, no INTs, 1 team fumble), a defense that played tough, and a close score but just not quite enough talent to get the team to a W.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

What's your point?    Over half of TSW are arrogant pricks.    Probably the same percentage as the general population.

Calling someone an arrogant prick has lost all meaning when every other person is one...

The point is..people bashing Rosen for being arrogant is Ptless when so many greats are like Rodgers for example 

Look at the game on NFL game pass

I havent even made it through the first quarter

Arizona can actually run the ball

Saw Rosen miss a completelu wide open WR kirk jumping up and down begging for the ball instead Rosen throws it into coverage and it is knocked away and they have to kick a field goal

Im not saying Rosen is not gonna be a good QB.....if he can stay healthy he just might....but lets dial down the "outstanding" game crap

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Saw Rosen miss a completelu wide open WR kirk jumping up and down begging for the ball instead Rosen throws it into coverage and it is knocked away and they have to kick a field goal

Im not saying Rosen is not gonna be a good QB.....if he can stay healthy he just might....but lets dial down the "outstanding" game crap

The only problem is it isn't crap. He was excellent, outstanding, or damned good as any objective critic can see. There's no need to continually throw shade at other QBs while zealously defending Josh Allen.  It's a bad look.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:49 AM, TheTruthHurts said:

That is a Super Bowl contender around him. They were before he started a game. Why can't people understand. 

Plus sitting a year does make a difference. 

There is a development period for QB's. I wouldn't even begin to judge this year's class until next season 

Um... Mahomes would've sat a year here last year too.However, sitting 1 year & becoming MVP-good doesn't just magically happen. 

And they assembled a good team around him, yes, but he still has to make the freaking plays. He's making them! He's accurate, he's got an arm, he's smart, he's athletic, he can read a defense, he's poised, he's a leader, and he's breaking NFL records. If it was as simple as "sit a year & put a good team around him," everyone would have these results, and no records would be broken.

He's the FIRST to do many of these things because he's just that damn good. He played just like that in college, and imagine that, he's doing it in the NFL. If Josh Allen plays like he did in college, we didn't net anything special at all. And that's the crappy part, we picked a guy who not only has to improve, he has to actually get better than he's ever played in his life and do it while playing at the most difficult level. If he simply had to improve to the point to "catch up" to speed of the NFL & then produce like he did in college that'd be one thing, but no... he needs to get far better than that, and do stuff he's never done in HS, Junior College, or College, but against the best players in the world -_-

Yeah, that's likely to happen

Edited by BigDingus
  • Sad 1

Schofield QB breakdown: Josh Rosen's NFL starting debut a positive for winless Cardinals | Pro Football Weekly

Two rookie quarterbacks made their first NFL starts last week. While Baker Mayfield grabbed the lion’s share of the headlines, Josh Rosen’s debut for the Arizona Cardinals might have been more worthy of attention. Rosen completed 15-of-27 passes for 180 yards and a touchdown and had the Cardinals in position for a late field goal that would have given them the lead. The numbers are not jaw dropping, but the film shows that Rosen might already be the quarterback many expected him to become in the NFL.

Accuracy and Anticipation

Rosen delivers:
giphy.gif

Pocket Movement

Mental Processing

One That Got Away

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Um... Mahomes would've sat a year here last year too.However, sitting 1 year & becoming MVP-good doesn't just magically happen. 

And they assembled a good team around him, yes, but he still has to make the freaking plays. He's making them! He's accurate, he's got an arm, he's smart, he's athletic, he can read a defense, he's poised, he's a leader, and he's breaking NFL records. If it was as simple as "sit a year & put a good team around him," everyone would have these results, and no records would be broken.

He's the FIRST to do many of these things because he's just that damn good. He played just like that in college, and imagine that, he's doing it in the NFL. If Josh Allen plays like he did in college, we didn't net anything special at all. And that's the crappy part, we picked a guy who not only has to improve, he has to actually get better than he's ever played in his life and do it while playing at the most difficult level. If he simply had to improve to the point to "catch up" to speed of the NFL & then produce like he did in college that'd be one thing, but no... he needs to get far better than that, and do stuff he's never done in HS, Junior College, or College, but against the best players in the world -_-

Yeah, that's likely to happen

Do you REALLY believe Mahommes would have sat a year last year given how Tyrod was playing?

Next Gen Stats: Hidden Numbers that Defined Week 4

Rosen-colored glasses

Josh Rosen didn't get a win vs. the Seahawks in his first career start (which was no fault of his), but he did post the highest grade for a rookie QB in his professional starting debut, per Pro Football Focus. This is the Next Gen Stats photo essay, though, so let's dive a little bit deeper into the tracking data.

Rosen completed 15 of 27 passes for 180 yards and a rating of 88.5, but what made his play remarkable was the conditions in which he had to perform. Rosen was pressured on a league-high 50 percent of his pass attempts, per Next Gen Stats, and still managed to complete 55.6 percent of his passes. He exceeded his expected completion percentage by 1.6 points, throwing passes into tight windows on 22.2 percent of his attempts. Arizona receivers' average separation per target was tied for the second-lowest in the league with fellow rookie Sam Darnold's targets at just 2.7 yards. Comparatively, Darnold was pressured on 39.5 percent of his attempts.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Wanted Rosen. Didn’t want Allen. Have to go with what we have and see how it plays out.

99% of the board wanted rosen. Sad how much better we would be if we drafted the players the majority of fans want every year considering the majority of fans are idjits.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If Allen has that game, you would find every excuse for every incompletion while praising him.  Just be consistent John.  Arizona isn’t that much more talented than the Bills right now.  

And i I freely admit I wanted to take Rosen.  Some people hate him because they don’t like his politics.  Personally, I just believe he is just built more to be a successful, consistent qb than Allen.  IMO, Allen is going to alternate between the Minnesota and GB games his whole career.  

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Allen has that game, you would find every excuse for every incompletion while praising him.  Just be consistent John.  Arizona isn’t that much more talented than the Bills right now.  

And i I freely admit I wanted to take Rosen.  Some people hate him because they don’t like his politics.  Personally, I just believe he is just built more to be a successful, consistent qb than Allen.  IMO, Allen is going to alternate between the Minnesota and GB games his whole career.  

Of course I would....Allen is our QB.. :P

That said.....you cannot overlook the fact that a.  The Cards have Fitzgerald and b.  The cards were able to run the ball

We have neither

Somebody else mentioned that he thought most of the fanbase wanted Rosen and I think that's probably true. For sure a good many fans and some analysts were wary of Allen (though to me he also was a first round talent).

I find it puzzling when there is a major difference of opinion between the fanbase and OBD (not saying management was wrong, seems like the Cards wanted JA too). Its frustrating because I'd like to know how exactly they arrived at their decision (and I mean the "fly on the wall real reasons", not some press conference pablum). Did the Bills shun him because of his personality or his politics (the way some fans do?). Obviously there were things about him that made him a less desirable prospect than JA. And I have to believe they had a lot of confidence since it's an important decision, one that can affect their jobs and reputations.  I wouldn't have a problem with a decision based purely on football ability, scheme, etc... even if I didn't necessarily agree with it. But if it was personality/politics I would beg to differ. I might go so far as to call it flat out stupid. I realize the importance of intangibles but I've never heard about teammates bad mouthing Rosen  I guess I'll never know. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Of course I would....Allen is our QB.. :P

That said.....you cannot overlook the fact that a.  The Cards have Fitzgerald and b.  The cards were able to run the ball

We have neither

Their oline is terrible.  They haven’t been able to run the ball until Rosen has been in there and Fitz is looking like a guy who is about to retire.  I’d given them a slight edge offensive but it’s like 31 vs 32.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, teef said:

...just in case, can we engineer some "fake news" headlines to expedite the process?....maybe this??..

The Buffalo News-Sports

Bills Romp Over Titans 63-0 as Allen Throws For 643 Yards

From Albert Breer:

7. Cardinals QB Josh Rosen impressed on tape last week, flashing the kind of accuracy and instincts that had him on the NFL’s radar from the minute he stepped on the field at UCLA in 2015. This week’s opponent, San Francisco, concluded that Rosen should’ve had 400 yards and the Cardinals 28 points and a win against Seattle last week, had his receivers not committed three bad downfield drops.