Will tonight’s game delay Darnold’s HOF ceremony?

6 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I hear ya. Al the praise on Darnold while Allen is dismissed out of hand by the media.

To all the Allen haters, didn't he look much better than both Darnold and Tyrod? Like way better? Mayfield is the real deal though. Much better mastery of the game. But who knows in time if Allen picks it up, he has more physical tools.

We'll see in a few years, but I suspect ALL Bills fans will agree by then that Allen was a miss in the draft, as we move on from McBeane.

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’m sorry, are we supposed to join in on the media’s over reaction on Jets QB’s now? I’m not hating on him, I’m just saying I am sick of him being praised for his greatness while Allen is being called a bust, even though he is arguably better so far this season. 

No surprise.  Darnold was hero-worshipped all last year, despite being a turnover machine on a talent-laden USC team.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Yes the 3rd that this front office didn't use or used to trade up for our over matched middle linebacker.

Whats wrong with Edmunds?

A 20 yr old starting MLB and you expect perfection?

The poor kid is learning on the job cut him some slack.

Edited by JMF2006
spelling
  • Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the board, we got a chap predicting playoffs for the Brownies now that they're 1-1-1

Maybe folks should hold off on the canonizations and annointings all round.

This. 

Meanwhile, I’m waiting for someone to argue we should have drafted Mayfield or Darnold instead of Allen....because, well, we should have moved up to the 1/2 spot in the draft before 1 and 3. It will happen. Beane and McDermott dropped the ball by not drafting Mayfield or Darnold. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I said it before the draft that Darnold's ceiling was that of a Tony Romo. He may put up some numbers for some years, but choke\turn the ball over when the game is on the line. Exhibit A was last night. Not the big numbers necessarily, but the turnovers for sure. 

43 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

This. 

Meanwhile, I’m waiting for someone to argue we should have drafted Mayfield or Darnold instead of Allen....because, well, we should have moved up to the 1/2 spot in the draft before 1 and 3. It will happen. Beane and McDermott dropped the ball by not drafting Mayfield or Darnold. 

I did see someone in the game thread bash the Bills for not trading whatever it took to get to #1. Apparently forgetting the pick was not for sale. 

The narrative that the Bills were outdueled by the Jets because they beat them to trading up to 3 probably won’t die anytime soon. I’ll be pissed about that if Darnold ever throws a pass that isn’t a screen or horizontal pass.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I did see someone in the game thread bash the Bills for not trading whatever it took to get to #1. Apparently forgetting the pick was not for sale. 

The narrative that the Bills were outdueled by the Jets because they beat them to trading up to 3 probably won’t die anytime soon. I’ll be pissed about that if Darnold ever throws a pass that isn’t a screen or horizontal pass.

Sal was just on WGR this morning saying the exact same thing about Darnold - they are not letting him throw anything long whatsoever. Would have to think it's going to be tough sledding for him if they continue this path and teams game plan against it. 

On another note, Sal also said that he very much liked Dabol's game plan for Allen.  Allen missed some wheel routes and other things he should have recognized.  Teams are taking away the short stuff on Allen and daring him to throw deeper - thus the fact he has something like the 3rd deepest targets of any QB. 

Edited by Bockeye

This thread is ridiculous... Please, point to where the media is annointing him a HOF player, or singing undeserved praises. Unlike our first round QB, Darnold actually played at a high level against good competition, put up good numbers, and was on of the best in his conference. 

Seriously? For the past 2 weeks I have heard, seen and read dozens of "NFL analysts" like Cris Carter, Cowherd, Joe Namath, Romo, etc etc talking about how the Jets finally had their QB of the future and how great he would be. I don't give a crap about how he played in college, I am just saying everyone needs to slow their roll and wait for more than one game before talking about how awesome he is.

Did you post a similar thread for Josh Allen in regard to the board? Something like "Will tonight's game delay Allen's Wall of Fame ceremony in Orchard Park?" or "Will fans let Allen make it through training camp before proclaiming he's the best QB from the draft?"

No, fans usually over-react to positive and negative performances. No need to call them out. The media is supposed to be a bit more level headed. Notice I did not mention the Jets fans over-reaction.

Wreaks of jealousy & pettiness. What are you going to say about Mayfield getting all the praise he's going to get this week? You going to get upset that players, pundits, and all the "experts" talk so highly of him & praise what he was able to do for Cleveland in his first game, when an established veteran like Tyrod could not? 

When the media over-reacts to one good game by Baker Mayfield, as I am sure they will, I will say the same thing. Let's wait until he accomplishes something more than one good game before we start calling him great. Not jealous, just pointing out that the media is over-reacting to one positive performance and at the same time calling Allen a bust because of a few off target throws.  

Darnold is a damn good player. Sorry you never paid attention to him enough to  know that. 
I didn't say he wasn't a good player, but he also isn't as good YET as the national media portrayed him after week 1.  Sorry I offended you by pointing out the media's tendency to over-react to good or bad performances to fit their pre-determined narratives. Feel free to go hang out on the JETS fan sites and ball wash Darnold there with your other Jets fan friends.

29 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This thread is ridiculous... Please, point to where the media is annointing him a HOF player, or singing undeserved praises. Unlike our first round QB, Darnold actually played at a high level against good competition, put up good numbers, and was on of the best in his conference. 

Seriously? For the past 2 weeks I have heard, seen and read dozens of "NFL analysts" like Cris Carter, Cowherd, Joe Namath, Romo, etc etc talking about how the Jets finally had their QB of the future and how great he would be. I don't give a crap about how he played in college, I am just saying everyone needs to slow their roll and wait for more than one game before talking about how awesome he is.

Did you post a similar thread for Josh Allen in regard to the board? Something like "Will tonight's game delay Allen's Wall of Fame ceremony in Orchard Park?" or "Will fans let Allen make it through training camp before proclaiming he's the best QB from the draft?"

No, fans usually over-react to positive and negative performances. No need to call them out. The media is supposed to be a bit more level headed. Notice I did not mention the Jets fans over-reaction.

Wreaks of jealousy & pettiness. What are you going to say about Mayfield getting all the praise he's going to get this week? You going to get upset that players, pundits, and all the "experts" talk so highly of him & praise what he was able to do for Cleveland in his first game, when an established veteran like Tyrod could not? 

When the media over-reacts to one good game by Baker Mayfield, as I am sure they will, I will say the same thing. Let's wait until he accomplishes something more than one good game before we start calling him great. Not jealous, just pointing out that the media is over-reacting to one positive performance and at the same time calling Allen a bust because of a few off target throws.  

Darnold is a damn good player. Sorry you never paid attention to him enough to  know that. 
I didn't say he wasn't a good player, but he also isn't as good YET as the national media portrayed him after week 1.  Sorry I offended you by pointing out the media's tendency to over-react to good or bad performances to fit their pre-determined narratives. Feel free to go hang out on the JETS fan sites and ball wash Darnold there with your other Jets fan friends.

That poster should definitely go hang out in the Jets forum with that impassioned defense of Sam Darnold..  However, said poster would find that Jets fans are wayyyyy more critical of Sam than we are.   He’s basically being called a mix of Chad Pennington and Mark Sanchez.   

I personally think he will be an ok QB.  Nothing amazing, but will have some really good games, some clutch moments but with a penchant for turning the ball over. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Lol, yeah, I have intentionally avoided that thread.  All the media praise will likely now switch to Mayfield.  

And if Allen throws 4TD’s and 1 INT on Sunday, we will hear all about how innaccurate the INT throw was.

You don’t really believe that so you?  Holy crap, when did Bills fans become so sensitive?  Allen looked ok in a couple preseason games and his start against the Bengals basically lead off sports center.  

The other qbs were better coming out of college.  Sorry, a lot of people had concerns about a 56% passer out of Wyoming.  But if he plays well, he will get praised.  Stop being sensitive.