Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

On 9/21/2018 at 5:25 PM, CLTbills said:

I'm getting really tired of having to point out that BEANE WASNT HERE FOR THE 2017 DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He passed on Brady 7 times!

Just now, joesixpack said:

OP, it's ok to come back and say you were wrong.

We'll accept you back.

He'll be back after the next 20 point loss.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 7:32 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think it’s close with 2009 (Jauron fired mid-season, Peters traded, Turk Schonert as the pop-gun offense/Trent Edwards no-huddle getting fired right before the season started, getting flicked off by Bud Adams in Tennessee) but Nix’s 2010 was the worst I’ve ever seen the Bills run organizationally. 

- 70-year old Nix chosen to be the GM after Ralph and Russ “scanned a list of names” and had him interview against John Guy. 

- Hiring Chan Gailey as Coach, who was out of football when Nix called.

- Switched the defense to a 3-4, then spent the majority of the draft on players that fit that scheme. Troup, Carrington, Batten, Moats.

- Traded Lynch for 5th Rounder

- Extended Chris Kelsay and thought he could play outside linebacker. 

- Drafted Spiller 9th overall and he got 78 carries in his first year. 

- Kept Trent Edwards as the starting QB. 

- Signed Cornell Green to be the starting RT. 

- Signed worn out linebackers - Reggie Torbor, Akon Ayodele, Pierre Woods, Audra Davis to “teach” the 3-4 with George Edwards as DC. 

That 2009/2010 period we felt as rinky-dink as an organization as you could possibly be. 

^^^^This. Only forgot to mention in your ? list of worn out LB’s credited to Nix, the name of Shawne Merriman, who was about as broke down and worn out as a recovering roids rage nut could be by the time Nix claimed him off the waivers scrap heap. His Wikipedia page is pure comedy gold when you get to the Bills era:

Buffalo Bills (2010–12)

Merriman was claimed off waivers by the Buffalo Bills the day after his release from the Chargers.

On November 10, Merriman suffered an Achilles injury during his first workout with his new team. Subsequently, on November 27, the Bills placed Merriman on season-ending injury reserve.

He signed a two-year contract extension worth $10.5 million with the Bills on January 1, 2011. The deal contained $5 million guaranteed, including $3 million of his 2012 salary.

On October 25, 2011, Merriman was placed on Injured Reserve list for the second consecutive season after suffering a partially torn Achilles tendon. Merriman finished the season with nine tackles and a sack in five starts. During the 2012 offseason, Merriman was moved from outside linebacker to defensive end due to the switch of 3–4 to 4–3. On August 20, the team released Merriman.

Merriman signed a contract to return to the Bills on October 15, 2012.

Retirement

On March 5, 2013, Merriman announced his retirement.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, John from Riverside said:

I wonder if some realize how silly they look with this stuff

The first managment group to even TAKE A TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS IN FIFTEEN YEARS

Let that sink in for a second.....

17 but whatever and they got lucky the bills where not a playoff team with Tyrol Taylor nor would they have ever been. Clearly McBeane didn’t think so either since they have literally got rid of 75% of the playoff roster and by the end of 2019 I’m sure that % will be higher but I agree they aren’t as bad but they have made a lot of questionable moves and are going to kill the invested QB before he can ever develop I hope I am wrong but they have handled things extremely poorly 

On 9/20/2018 at 3:00 PM, John from Riverside said:

I wonder if some realize how silly they look with this stuff

The first managment group to even TAKE A TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS IN FIFTEEN YEARS

Let that sink in for a second.....

Which, again, is not a huge accomplishment and if they gutted the roster in a way no other regime did and then mess it up... could be the worst. Or they nail it and are the best. Verdicts out still but it’s not crazy to say it’s possible 

On 9/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, baskingridgebillsfan said:

and now they are the worst team in the league .   Plus they passed on Mahomes 

How can a GM pass on a player when he wasn't even the GM?

On 9/20/2018 at 9:08 PM, baskingridgebillsfan said:

finally a serious response.   

This topic was so bad, it didn't deserve serious responses

On 9/20/2018 at 4:07 PM, John from Riverside said:

its NOT a legit conversation because there is not enough data to make a determination either way.

I would argue that we are worse at nearly every position than what the FO inherited. I am growing skeptical of this FO. Things don’t add up well CURRENTLY. FA acquisitions have been bad, literally nothing is better than when they started. It’s not a passing on Mahomes issue. It’s an overall talent issue. 

That said, I don’t think this regime is THE WORST. Right now they haven’t done enough to be worse than Marv, Brandon, or TD. They do have some proving to do, because this team is in a bad spot talent wise. We are 3 years from being competitive and 5 from making a run at an AFC championship game or Super Bowl. 

Also: It really doesn’t help or add to any conversation when you call anybody who questions decisions, a troll. This isn’t reddit or FB, the legitimate troll issue really isn’t that high here.