The Bills Worked Out Eight Players Yesterday

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Versitle player. Can play both G and T. Played a couple years in Cleveland where he was better than average to good. Here's a nice article on him from a year or so back when he signed with Atlanta.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/19/what-austin-pasztor-brings-to-the-falcons-offensive-line/

THANKS!  Hope we like and sign him then.

43 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Probably still isn't.

I'm curious if there has ever been another qb to start their first 3 games and not finish them.

Everyone forgets that Peterman started the snow game. He had already started 3 games that he couldn't finish.

This front office is brutal. You have an 8-month off-season to get your house in order for opening day. You get to pick a hundred players and select the best 53. And here we are, just two weeks into the season, and they are already scrambling to find talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, skibum said:

This front office is brutal. You have an 8-month off-season to get your house in order for opening day. You get to pick a hundred players and select the best 53. And here we are, just two weeks into the season, and they are already scrambling to find talent. 

Every team in the league works out players on a weekly basis.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, skibum said:

Actually, every team works out players every Tuesday during the season for bottom of roster/PS shuffling. There will be new guys working out every week for every team.

5 minutes ago, skibum said:

Kind of ignores things like the Patriots playing musical chairs with receivers.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nkreed said:

Everyone forgets that Peterman started the snow game. He had already started 3 games that he couldn't finish.

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or trying to tell me I forgot about the snow game.

I was including the snow game if the latter.  That's why I said 3 and not 2 starts.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or trying to tell me I forgot about the snow game.

I was including the snow game if the latter.  That's why I said 3 and not 2 starts.

Both actually. I should have worded it better, obviously.  I was under the impression the initial post was about a future start. 

In my conversations with many a Bills fan, not on TBD, they seem to forget he started the snow game. So in this respect we agree, he started 3 games he couldn't finish.

With that said, please accept this...?

WHERE on earth does Beane come up with these guys?

Try out a WR that has been on FOUR NFL teams and has yet to be on any team in the regular season.

Brandon Shippen - WR

College career[edit]

Shippen played at Temple and switched from defensive back to wide receiver prior to his junior year. As a wide receiver, Shippen caught 32 passes for 453 yards and two touchdowns during his time at Temple.[2]

Professional career[edit]

Miami Dolphins[edit]

After going undrafted in the 2016 NFL Draft, Shippen signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent on May 6, 2016. Shippen was cut by the Dolphins on August 27, 2016.[3]

Los Angeles Rams[edit]

On January 3, 2017, Shippen was signed by the Los Angeles Rams.[4] He was waived on September 2, 2017.[5]

Kansas City Chiefs[edit]

On January 2, 2018, Shippen signed a reserve/future contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.[6] He was waived on May 8, 2018.[7]

Tennessee Titans[edit]

On June 14, 2018, Shippen signed with the Tennessee Titans.[8] He was waived on September 1, 2018.[9]