Hall of fame voting

Chicharito

22 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

To me only Ed Reed, Boselli and Gonzalez but I know a bunch more will get in. I would rather see it be tougher then it seems to be. Those 3 are the guys that I see “hall of fame” when I look st them

Ed Reed is a stone-cold lock. Boselli only played in 91 games, not enough for me. As for Gonzalez, ***** the Chiefs.

My 5 would be:

Reed

Jimmuh

Matthews

Law

Seymour or Woodson

1 hour ago, greenyellowred said:

YES! Former Buffalo Bill Tom Flores is a semi-finalist!!!

And former Bills assistant coach Ed Reed is a lock!!!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

6 years is a lot to overcome for anyone. Longevity is part of the deal at any position.

I remember Boselli erasing Bruce. Granted it was at the tail end of Bruce's time in Buffalo, but that always stuck with me.  

I'd be Interested to hear from others on Boselli/Bruce. I'll hang up and listen

This has always been my major argument against Terrell Davis getting in.   His induction completely watered down Canton.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This has always been my major argument against Terrell Davis getting in.   His induction completely watered down Canton.

I always liked the notion that if there's any debate then you don't belong. It should be very difficult to get in.

Earl Campbell may have paved the way for TD in terms of short careers (7 for Earl)...and yes, both lowered the bar future HOFers.

Thoughts on Earl Campbell?  Did you see him?  He was a monster in his prime. Much better than TD in my opinion. He passes the sniff test for me....but just barely due to lack of longevity.

Ed Reed.  Best safety ever imo.

Tony Gonzalez-  no brainer 

Champ Bailey-  elite the majority of his career

Jimmy Johnson- he built one of the best dynasties ever

5th is a tough call.  I’d give it to Boselli over Atwater.  The length of his career hurts his case but at his best, he might be the most impressive LT I’ve seen.  

The real question I have-  Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce.  Both HoFers?  If so, who first?  

Here are my top 5:

1. Don Coryell - This man should already be in. The Hall often talks about, even more than stats, did the person change the game. Air Coryell did. His offensive and passing game innovations ushered in the modern passing game. Put him in the hall now!

2. Tony Gonzales - Probably the best Tight End the game has ever seen. 6th all time in receiving yards (that includes all WRs)

3. Tony Boselli - The only thing hurting his status is getting overlooked for playing for a mostly bad Jaguars team. The guy was a beast, a generational talent on the O-line.

4. Isaac Bruce - 5th all time in receiving yards. Part of the triad of the greatest show on turf (Warner/Faulk/Bruce)

5. Steve Tasker - Yes, I know he isn't on the list of semifinalists, but he should be. Best all-around (not just returner) special teams player to play the game. It's 1/3 of the game.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ed Reed.  Best safety ever imo.

Tony Gonzalez-  no brainer 

Champ Bailey-  elite the majority of his career

Jimmy Johnson- he built one of the best dynasties ever

5th is a tough call.  I’d give it to Boselli over Atwater.  The length of his career hurts his case but at his best, he might be the most impressive LT I’ve seen.  

The real question I have-  Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce.  Both HoFers?  If so, who first?  

They will pick an offensive lineman and/or old timer that nobody under 60 will have heard of

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I always liked the notion that if there's any debate then you don't belong. It should be very difficult to get in.

Earl Campbell may have paved the way for TD in terms of short careers (7 for Earl)...and yes, both lowered the bar future HOFers.

Thoughts on Earl Campbell?  Did you see him?  He was a monster in his prime. Much better than TD in my opinion. He passes the sniff test for me....but just barely due to lack of longevity.

Earl and OJ had five great seasons with national attention, plus years of development and years of falling apart as well.

Davis didn’t remotely come close to that

Earl did not lower the bar for the Hall

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Ronde Barber? Why am I not on the list? HOF? Really? 

5 time probowler but more importantly 3 time all pro. 10 int season on his resume and a top player on a historic defense. 

He easily deserves to be in the list and it won’t surpise me if he gets in down the line based on how long he played at a high level. 

He and bailey were the best and most consistent db’s of their era. Other guys may have been more dominant than barber for spells but nobody played as long as he did at a top level like he did... other than bailey. Whom I think is a guaranteed HOF’r 

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

To me only Ed Reed, Boselli and Gonzalez but I know a bunch more will get in. I would rather see it be tougher then it seems to be. Those 3 are the guys that I see “hall of fame” when I look st them

Bailey is a no brainer in IMO. 

Dominant in his prime and consistently one of the top 3-5 at his position for over a decade I would argue. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Ranking Hall of Fame Semifinalists: Holt over Ward

By Adam Rank, NFL.com Writer

The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced the 25 modern-era semifinalists for the ultimate honor in football, entry into the Class of 2019 -- and what an incredible group it is. Now I would like to take a moment to give you my personal ranking of the semifinalists.

Note that the list is NOT MEANT TO BE A PREDICTION OF THE CLASS OF 2019. Rather, this is how I would vote if given a chance, including the 15 I think should make the cut as finalists and the five I'd like to see in the Class of 2019. Many of you will likely be thankful I don't have a vote, and that's cool. Please understand that all of the men on the list are incredible players and coaches who were at the very top of their game. This is the elite of the elite, and sometimes you have to make tough choices. Go ahead and jump into my mentions and flame me.

For more on contributor finalists Gil Brandt and Pat Bowlen, click here.

Be sure to vote for the 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019 before they are revealed in January.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

5 time probowler but more importantly 3 time all pro. 10 int season on his resume and a top player on a historic defense. 

He easily deserves to be in the list and it won’t surpise me if he gets in down the line based on how long he played at a high level. 

He and bailey were the best and most consistent db’s of their era. Other guys may have been more dominant than barber for spells but nobody played as long as he did at a top level like he did... other than bailey. Whom I think is a guaranteed HOF’r 

Bailey is a no brainer in IMO. 

Dominant in his prime and consistently one of the top 3-5 at his position for over a decade I would argue. 

I was in the Tampa market during his time, and he was mostly a product of the system and the amazing talent surrounding him. Hall of Very Good? Sure. 

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was in the Tampa market during his time, and he was mostly a product of the system and the amazing talent surrounding him. Hall of Very Good? Sure. 

I think theirs an argument to be made about playing on a high level consistently for over a decade. I get what your saying though.

I think the same argument will come up for frank gore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Still have no idea how Terrell Davis was such a mandated player to get in.    Don't think Ricky Watters is a lock either, but he should be in if Davis is. 

I think watters would have already been closer if he didn't make himself such a villain to the media. when he retired his all purpose numbers were on par with most anyones. the years have shot him downward on all time lists.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

On 9/13/2018 at 9:11 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

Tom Flores

Don Coryell

Ed Reed

Tony Gonzalez

Tony Boselli

Those are the only ones I think are HOF worthy.  Lots of great players but not HOF.  Rhonde Barber, Russell Maryland, Champ Bailey, Richmond Webb are close but noty quite HOF level.

Interesting uniform choices for those pics.  Lots of players that spent the bulk of their careers with their original teams but photos of them later in career.  Except of course Larry Centers.   Albert Lewis in Raiders, Russell Maryland in Raiders, Richmond Webb in Bengals, Dick Vermiel with the Chiefs not the Eagles or Rams

Champ Baily is absolutely hall of fame worthy. He has the stats and the accolades. He will get in eventually.

Over 50 INT's in his career. 12 time Pro Bowler. 3 time First Team All-Pro.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 10:11 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

Tom Flores

Don Coryell

Ed Reed

Tony Gonzalez

Tony Boselli

Those are the only ones I think are HOF worthy.  Lots of great players but not HOF.  Rhonde Barber, Russell Maryland, Champ Bailey, Richmond Webb are close but noty quite HOF level.

Interesting uniform choices for those pics.  Lots of players that spent the bulk of their careers with their original teams but photos of them later in career.  Except of course Larry Centers.   Albert Lewis in Raiders, Russell Maryland in Raiders, Richmond Webb in Bengals, Dick Vermiel with the Chiefs not the Eagles or Rams

What?  You dont think Jimmy Johnson is HOF worthy.  Tony Dungy is in the HOF.  No to Steve Atwater?

Edited by formerlyofCtown